Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Dominates Top Twitter Trends of 2010

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Dominates Top Twitter Trends of 2010

Twitter has formally unveiled its top trends of 2010. And it should come as no major shocker that Apple and its iOS, iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air all found their rightful place on the top ten trends of 2010 in the technology category. Three of the top five trends in this category belong to Apple. The complete list is as follows:

1. Apple iPad
    2. Google Android
    3. Apple iOS
    4. Apple iPhone
    5. Call of Duty Black Ops
    6. New Twitter
    7. HTC
    8. RockMelt
    9. MacBook Air
    10. Google Instant

Remarkably, the iPad proved such a hot trending topic that it actually broke into Twitter's overall top ten trends of 2010. Coming in at #6 on Twitter's master list of the top dominant trends of the year, the popular Apple tablet was only topped by the Gulf oil spill, FIFA World Cup, "Inception," the Haiti earthquake, and Vuvuzela. Google Android wasn't far behind. The competing platform came in at #7 in the overall top ten, while placing an impressive #2 in the tech category of top trends.

To check up on the top Twitter trends of 2010 across all categories, take a look at Twitter's freshly published "Year in Review."

Twitter

Really the MacBook air, why the hell was that a trending topic, its just a netbook, with Mac OS X
    Last edited by vruls; 12-13-2010 at 02:43 PM.

If I dont get the unlock for the 2.10.04 baseband very soon, then I'm gonna jump off a cliff with every apple product I own in my hands.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

WOW! Anyway...........

I like how Android beat out the iPhone and iOS. Sounds like a hint at things to come. That must break Steve's poor little cold heart.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    If I dont get the unlock for the 2.10.04 baseband very soon, then I'm gonna jump off a cliff with every apple product I own in my hands.
    Really? Wow. Way to be a TROLL. Get over it. Wanna know what to do? Sell your iPhone that can't be unlocked right now and buy one ebay or craigslist with a Firmware & Baseband that can be unlocked. Just an idea. Tired of seeing people complain about the unlock not being released. All this time you have wasted posting meaningless comments on threads that have nothing to do with UNLOCK and waiting on an unlock you could have had an unlockable baseband if you would use some brain cells...

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    I don't think any product is worth jumping off a cliff for... lol

"Always remember your special and unique!"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-14-2010)

Being a trending topic doesn't mean any thing, for example people could be saying "OMG the ipad is s**t" or "WoW the new macbook air is amazing" they could be saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I don't think any product is worth jumping off a cliff for... lol
    Please don't feed the troll.

Step 7 of Apple's plan to rule the world is now complete...
    onto step 8
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

Coming in at #6 on Twitter's master list of the top dominant trends of the year, the popular Apple tablet was only topped by the Gulf oil spill, FIFA World Cup, "Inception," the Haiti earthquake, and Vuvuzela..
    hahaha, first off, YAY Something Apple made was more talked about than Android! And second, the movie "Inception" really is that good. (not sarcasm, I bought the "Inception" blu-ray the day it came out)

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Step 7 of Apple's plan to rule the world is now complete...
    onto step 8
    lol, someone else sees straight through Apple's cleverly disguised intentions...
    Last edited by coolguy742; 12-14-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Too bad Twitter blocked WikiLeaks, that would have easily crushed Apple in their trends.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish New Twitter sucks was trending.
    [SIGPIC]