+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fraudulent iTunes Activity, Purchases Blamed on Chinese iOS Game

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by cory If thats true... thats just nasty! Yeah, I was visiting some relatives in Hong Kong and there was a news report about it.. and my relatives
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    If thats true... thats just nasty!
    Yeah, I was visiting some relatives in Hong Kong and there was a news report about it.. and my relatives were all like "omg that's the are we buy our comforters from".

To be fair, theirs were made from "dirty cotton" scrapped from other thrown out mattresses.. so they didn't get those blood ones.

Here is an article on the "practice"

Google Translate

Google translated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A Chinese app? What a shocker. There, I said it.

BTW, Chinese is not a race, it's a nationality. Asian is a race. Get it right. Waldo was spot-on. Se23, you need to learn what racism really means. Clearly you do not.

I suppose if a German said, "Damn Americans" he's racist too? You see my point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

i think ur all racist. now im gonna go eat a taco and chill in my one room apt that i live in with seven other mexis. while chillin i will continue to make apps in chinese so no one knows its us vatos.
    p.s. i'll cut you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Yeah because Chinese are the only fraudulent race! Don't be stupid waldo
    You should goto hell for saying that

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 851 Posts

You guys, like most people, confuse "racism" with "political correctness", "fact", and "opinion".

Nothing racist was said, except maybe "well at least they're good at math." Yeah, it was a joke but it was a racist joke. Not that I care. Racism is simply a fact of life - we wouldn't have separate, independent countries without it and that's a GOOD thing (competition is good!). Race and religion are the two most divisional factors in human civilization, and as much as people want to believe they're above it, they're not.

Personally I would avoid anything in the app store made by a Russian or Chinese developer. It's no secret that those two countries are rampant with cyber-crime. That doesn't mean that there is no cyber-crime anywhere else - it simply means that I, personally, will not download from those countries (and I'll more than likely be safer because of that). Don't be racist, just be smart.

p.s. i'll cut you.
    haha!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I am truly surprised guys. only four posts and its a flame war. well, I don't think Waldo was being racist at all. It has long been rumored that the Chinese Gov.. recruits hackers to run attacks on other countries. If I'm not mistaken, a few years ago a group of chinese hackers reversed engineered apple's gift cards and was selling the numbers. I think the point Waldo was trying to make was that the chinese are smart people who seam to like hacking.

Oh and the Google thing... I'm pretty sure it was the chinese Gov. that ran them out with hacking because Google refused to remove a link to the un-cencored internet. The RUMOR (<-- take note of that word right there) is that a chinese official Googled himself and didn't like what he found and tried to get Google to censor it. When Google refused, the hacking attempts started...

If thats true... thats just nasty!
    And US gov employs no hackers?

Most people making a judgement on the Chinese people don't even understand China...

Google pulling out of China... you know why? becoz they know ppl in China will never adopt google... all this hard talking and crxp is becoz google have nothing to lose... they have no market in China.

There is nothing wrong with the app itself... it is a fairly standard mode of Chinese Online Game... customers can make purchases for equipments etc in the game for real money. Games have been like this for a good 6 - 8 years.

It appears that those who've made a complaint have obviously not read the terms and instruction of the game.
    Last edited by milkycloud; 12-12-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Nobody is bashing anybody! He said why am I not surprised it's Chinese? What does that mean then? It's like saying a man got shot, oh he was probably black! There are crooks coming from everywhere so that comment was just dumb. And hardly anybody pays for music in this day and age. Come on mate get real! its 2010 after all.
    One could use simple math and come to a rational conclusion. No need to turn a blind eye to common sense for political correctness' sake.

The vast majority of global scamware and bootlegs come from China. State side, 71% of violent crimes are committed by blacks.

You call it racism, I call it math.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

This went from a nice discussion to Klan meeting really quick.

Thanks
    This happened to me, and, I never even downloaded the game. Altho, somehow my account must have been hacked and the game then downloaded.....somewhere.

22 was taken out, glad my debit card I had registered had expired.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santfekuss View Post
    This happened to me, and, I never even downloaded the game. Altho, somehow my account must have been hacked and the game then downloaded.....somewhere.

22 was taken out, glad my debit card I had registered had expired.
    Wait, so it's not only this app? That is a big change in this story
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Lol
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

I would like to thank shigh and rob2g for the timeless quotes in this discussion. Phrases for the ages!

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    p.s. i'll cut you.
    Last edited by cory; 12-12-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Wait, so it's not only this app? That is a big change in this story
    It was this App, but I, or any other member of my family downloaded the game. Only I had access to my iTunes account so hacking was the only answer I think.

As I said, had the refund immediately but my account is still disabled at the mo. Already change my password so see what happens.

Thanks

1) tell me once where I used the word Racist?
    2) ok I will start stereotyping that I bet all of the dumb a** comments against me were from Yanks or equally as dumb canadiens!
    3) don't start me off about political correct. I'm not a p***y and I say it as it is.
    4) is it not true that most paedos are White? Hmmm
    5) now shut up cos we could be here all day with this RACIST crap.

Ps if any of you actually went to china you would see it's actually a decent place and ive never been conned because I have a brain!
    Last edited by se23; 12-12-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks

1) tell me once where I used the word Racist?
    2) ok I will start stereotyping that I bet all of the dumb a** comments against me were from Yanks or equally as dumb canadiens!
    3) don't start me off about political correct. I'm not a p***y and I say it as it is.
    4) is it not true that most paedos are White? Hmmm
    5) now shut up cos we could be here all day with this RACIST crap.

Ps if any of you actually went to china you would see it's actually a decent place and ive never been conned because I have a brain!
    Yes I am a "Yank", I dont like what your saying About AMERICANS. Apple is an AMERICAN company, What is the last good thing to come out of england, The world would be nothing with out the USA and canada, So Take your Queen, Royal Family and Driving on the wrong side of the road and shove it up your ***, You call americans dumb but england still has a queen. You started this buy calling the Country that provide most of the worlds entertainment (Music Movies ect) and some of the coolest Computers (Apple Of course) Stupid.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 12-13-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks

Typical! Can give but can't take lol, And apple products are made in china!

Thanks

Typical! Can give but can't take lol, And apple products are made in china!
    All apple products are designed in america, Assembled in china. I can take it fine, but you touched on a sensitive subject by calling america and Canada stupid.

http://mindtribe.com/wp-content/uplo...hone_label.jpg
    Last edited by Rob2G; 12-12-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks

Dnt let one persons opinions bother you. I'm sure every hard working , honest Asian, Black and Arab persons on this thread are not offended by some of the comments either

(so everybody else says on here)

Green Apple
    Thanks

All apple products are designed in america, Assembled in china. I can take it fine, but you touched on a sensitive subject by calling america and Canada stupid.

http://mindtribe.com/wp-content/uplo...hone_label.jpg
    And yet they are... little proof needed fort this...

One more thing... all these pirated stuff you talked about... do you know who buys them? Western tourist... they just love buying fake watches and hand bags (knowingly ofcoz)...
    Last edited by milkycloud; 12-12-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

damn people... this thread was about warning you about an app that could take your money... not about who's better!!