+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EA: Apple Should Take Console Gaming Challenge

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Antman217 Like iRepaiIndy said there are more carriers with android devices and also more makers of android devices. Outselling something doesnt always make it more popular it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Like iRepaiIndy said there are more carriers with android devices and also more makers of android devices. Outselling something doesnt always make it more popular it means it's more affordable or available. Tell me you don't have an iPhone or idevice... exactly.
    well of course he's going to have an idevice. this is modmyi. you're not proving a point with the fact that somebody on here has an idevice.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    It would just be stupid to make the iPhone bigger, or any idevice, they're already big enough
    I would not mind a bit bigger of a screen, not the size of my ipad, but maybe a 4.x" screen, that would be sweet. But my current iphone is awesome already and i will be buying the next gen iPhone either way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well maybe, I mean the playstation phone sounds awesome but it's basically a psp go (which fails) and an android phone (which is still not as popular as iphones) it will just be two sucky things put together. And there aren't any interesting psp games coming out lately (I dont think sony even gives a sh*t about the psp anymore) but of course I could be wrong. If it has remote play for ps3 (which it will most likely have) then maybe I'll rethink it. Also android still doesn't have an awesome jailbreak like iPhone which I can't live without now.
    I guess you have never heard of Rooting on Android.

Thanks

I hear what people are saying but an android phone/ psp in one is great and I imagine u would be able to play android games with the hard buttons also which is another win. Still not giving up my iPhone or iPad tho )))))

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Apple's attempt at a gaming system back in the day. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Bandai_Pippin]Apple Bandai Pippin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well maybe, I mean the playstation phone sounds awesome but it's basically a psp go (which fails) and an android phone (which is still not as popular as iphones) it will just be two sucky things put together. And there aren't any interesting psp games coming out lately (I dont think sony even gives a sh*t about the psp anymore) but of course I could be wrong. If it has remote play for ps3 (which it will most likely have) then maybe I'll rethink it. Also android still doesn't have an awesome jailbreak like iPhone which I can't live without now.
    For The record, I love my GO. Price wise the 250 I paid for it is no different than buying a Regular PSP and then purchasing a 16GB card for it. The form factor kicks ***, you can play God of War (a REAL version, not a Gameloft knockoff), slide it closed and it fits into a shirt pocket. I have no problem paying for digital content, I do the same thing on Steam. I detested the idea of having to carry little disks around for movies and games. Add to that the fact that I can stream music to my Car's head unit wirelessly through Bluetooth, and I feel like this is a winner. And those of you who were faithful and kept their GO's, (like me, lol), Homebrew has been alive and well for nearly a year - with HEN and CFW coming shortly. Then some jerkoff will release an ISO loader and it will go to **** just the the original PSP scene...

Rampant piracy is what killed the PSP - not design choices.

In my opinion, The Go got a bad wrap.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

This is exciting apple Tv AppStore the gaming market this should come to reality, I would rather spend my money on an iPad / iPhone / iPodTouch than an ps3 or xbox system plus $50 a game no way. They need to come up with something that connects the "I" whatever you have in my case iPhone 4 & iPad to the apple tv or make the IControler that hooks up to the apple tv and all the games compatible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Android phones still not as popular as iPhones? Android has outsold iPhone and hasn't even been out as long...
    Quote Originally Posted by iRepairIndy View Post
    didn't android phone sales pass iphone sales?

Although there is 5-10 different companies making android phones vs just Apple
    Like iRepaiIndy said there are more carriers with android devices and also more makers of android devices. Outselling something doesnt always make it more popular it means it's more affordable or available. Tell me you don't have an iPhone or idevice... exactly.
    The reason Android has "outsold" iPhone is because the phones are made by multiple manufacturers, it's available on multiple carriers world wide, they are cheap, in some cases literally given away, ie buy 1 get 5 free or some **** like that, and some people will not switch carriers.

There have been some 80+ Android handsets released since the first Android powered phone (HTC Dream/ T-Mobile G1) was released, and that does not include the different iterations of some of those devices. Apple has only released 4 phones total, 1 per year, I'd say they are doing just fine. Apple is still making money, and will only make that much more once they go to multiple carriers here in the U.S.

Just because something sells more, doesn't necessarily mean it's better. Just look at all the Symbian phones sold worldwide. Think because Nokia sells the most phones, they are the best?
    That's like saying Ford/Chevrolet/Dodge/etc, is better than Ferrari/Lamborghini/Bugatti/Aston Martin/McLaren/etc, because they outsell them by a huge margin.

And in case someone thinks I pulled that number out of my as* regarding Android phones, here's a link. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Android_devices]Comparison of Android devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NSXrebel For This Useful Post:

bfolds (12-04-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple needs to just stick to what they're doing now. Video game systems are just too much.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Android phones still not as popular as iPhones? Android has outsold iPhone and hasn't even been out as long...
    not if you count statistics from only one carrier. iPhones are only on at&t. if the iPhone went to all carriers like the droid it would outsell the droid every year.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

but you have to remember ios is on technically 1 device right? android is on hundreds
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    but you have to remember ios is on technically 1 device right? android is on hundreds
    80+ Android phones released so far, with dozens more coming next year. That does not include Android tablets coming out as well.

So yeah, if you want to compare just phones, you can say 80+ Android phones v.s. 4 iPhones if you include iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, then yeah, you could say Android has a lead worldwide. Here in the US, I think it's much closer.

Now if you want to compare Android OS vs iOS which includes all iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads, I think iOS has the advantage, worldwide or just here in the US.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    80+ Android phones released so far, with dozens more coming next year. That does not include Android tablets coming out as well.

So yeah, if you want to compare just phones, you can say 80+ Android phones v.s. 4 iPhones if you include iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, then yeah, you could say Android has a lead worldwide. Here in the US, I think it's much closer.

Now if you want to compare Android OS vs iOS which includes all iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads, I think iOS has the advantage, worldwide or just here in the US.
    i would say iOS has the lead worldwide
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EMCEExGeek View Post
    Apple needs to just stick to what they're doing now. Video game systems are just too much.
    This I agree with. When I saw the title the first that popped into my mind was, "EA is trying to increase their sales by catering to another platform" :P

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend, I was not trying to discuss the popularity or the quality of a device, merely stating that your original statement was false. Also, if something is more affordable or available wouldn;t it make it THE PREMIER platfrom to develop for due to the fact that it has been released more to the masses? (One would think so, however that is NOT the case with android... clearly there is more game development on the iPhone).

P.S. No reason to get so defensive... we are all friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    Not sure why people are so defensive, but it is worth a good laugh. I was merely pointing out an incosistency in a statement. The fact that iOS is limited to one phone on one carrier in the US doesn't change the fact that there are more android phones out there, which is ALL I was saying. NOTHING outside that fact was said (or implied).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-04-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There console would have a great On-Demand service when you think, it could offer alot of things..
    Last edited by Clatchy; 12-04-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks

iOS is great indeed but there alot of options that Apple is blocking. Why ? Because if they put all options to 1 device they can't charge people 700$ for a newer version with extra's. Why do we jailbreak our iPhones ? To get more out of our devices. Would it be neccesary if you could do the same without jailbreaking ? No. Android on the other side... They put all options but people get bored. If they don't see any new updates they'll skip that one and lose future customers. The knife cuts both ways.

Thanks

That's pretty funny, because everyone has always copied what they do, ie. windoze, GUI, mouse, digital music players, etc.

Thanks

Thats only because there is a new version every 10 min...

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i say they dont waste their time on the consoles. they should just focus on making their desktops and laptops great for gaming. the pc (and hopeful the future of macs) is better than any console.