+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Granted Patents on Convertible MacBook

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
So this is what I'm thinking...Fig. 33A should be like an air or pro with touchpad and using Mac os x then when converted in Fig. 33C it disables touchpad
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So this is what I'm thinking...Fig. 33A should be like an air or pro with touchpad and using Mac os x then when converted in Fig. 33C it disables touchpad and os x and enables iOS. Then you really do have an all purpose device. Also incorporating built in 3G for both os's. That design would be very exciting and very sought after. Who wants to carry the MacBook and there iPad? Why not both at once? Apple...my resume is ready. Btw, it would solve jobs' problem with making MacBook's touchscreen by using the touchpad in 33A and then touchscreen only for 33C.
    Last edited by brookz07; 12-01-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Adding a thought.

  2. #22
    Green Apple \m/ibnziceman\m/'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brookz07 View Post
    So this is what I'm thinking...Fig. 33A should be like an air or pro with touchpad and using Mac os x then when converted in Fig. 33C it disables touchpad and os x and enables iOS. Then you really do have an all purpose device. Also incorporating built in 3G for both os's. That design would be very exciting and very sought after. Who wants to carry the MacBook and there iPad? Why not both at once? Apple...my resume is ready. Btw, it would solve jobs' problem with making MacBook's touchscreen by using the touchpad in 33A and then touchscreen only for 33C.
    man you beat me to it. i was thinking the same exact thing. it would only make sense. isn't apple all about taking what they learned from ipad and applying it to their laptops anyways?

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,023
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Pretty cool, BUT I've seen a Dell just like this in best buy more than a few times. Good job ripping Dell's idea CrApple!

    Exactly. This is out and already sold by Dell. What an abuse of a patent.

  4. #24
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I seriously don't get how they could be granted a patent on this. Making putting a slider phone mechanism on a laptop WOW groundbreaking ... Seriously someone at the patent office must have a whole pile of brief cases with S.J. monograms

  5. #25
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Pretty cool, BUT I've seen a Dell just like this in best buy more than a few times. Good job ripping Dell's idea CrApple!
    Get the F*** outta here. Show me a link to a Dell with a sliding screen.

  6. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Not sure how they would do this to make it look like a MacBook, but would be cool
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak? pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default hahah
    lol at the ppl saying apple rips off dell. Now that's comedy.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,939
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Get the F*** outta here. Show me a link to a Dell with a sliding screen.
    Yea he must be thinking of the one I mentioned but thinking it turned around a different way. This is the only flip screen I seen from dell. All other companies swivle at the base of the screen.

    Inspiron? duo | Dell

  9. #29
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Have you guys seen the specs or demo on that Dell Inspiron Duo? Not very impressed with its 1.5Ghz Atom processor.

  10. #30
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,939
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

    I keep meaning to read the review on it but never get around to it. I am a little scared on the strength of the hinges.

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I keep meaning to read the review on it but never get around to it. I am a little scared on the strength of the hinges.
    Pretty crappy IMO. go check out the demo by dell or other reviews on youtube.

  12. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bingbang View Post
    I seriously don't get how they could be granted a patent on this. Making putting a slider phone mechanism on a laptop WOW groundbreaking ... Seriously someone at the patent office must have a whole pile of brief cases with S.J. monograms
    Patents expire after a few years. Dell's probably expired and Apple snatched it. Talk about taking opportunity.

  13. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Pretty crappy IMO. go check out the demo by dell or other reviews on youtube.
    Same thing with cars. They all get crappier as years go on...pffft at the Cube. Go get a box and throw a pair of wheels, an axle, and some other parts and you have a cube...same to scion...pffft.

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Briandb1222 View Post
    Patents expire after a few years. Dell's probably expired and Apple snatched it. Talk about taking opportunity.
    really depends what kind of patents were talking about or how you define "a few years" just to give an example: Pfizer got the viagra patent in 1998 and it will only expire in 2012, so that made pfizer a 12year span which they were the monopoly in viagra production...

    It's only logical that if a patent expires that other companies will start producing the same product / technology if the product / technology was successful in the first place
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!


  15. #35
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    really depends what kind of patents were talking about or how you define "a few years" just to give an example: Pfizer got the viagra patent in 1998 and it will only expire in 2012, so that made pfizer a 12year span which they were the monopoly in viagra production...

    It's only logical that if a patent expires that other companies will start producing the same product / technology if the product / technology was successful in the first place
    2012 - 1998 = 12 yrs?

  16. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts

    haha sorry for my mathskills, a bit burned out from studying
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!


+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts