Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Makes Big Pre-Black Friday Purchase of its Own

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Makes Big Pre-Black Friday Purchase of its Own

Apple has served up quite a few Black Friday deals this year (like $101 off of a new iMac, or a $41 break on a new iPad) to make consumers with penchants for big Apple purchases a little happier today. But don't be fooled. The people at Apple have been doing quite a bit of shopping themselves. So, in case you're feeling bad about how much money you're spending, you've probably been topped, as Apple's little shopping spree is estimated to have run about $300 million or so this week.

If you missed the news amidst the flurry of Black Friday ads and the incessant iPad 2 rumors, it's been announced that Apple has once again augmented its sprawling Cupertino, California home base with the acquisition of a 98 acre campus (see above) that was previously occupied by HP until earlier this year. The land in question is juxtaposed to more land (a 50-acre site) Apple acquired about four years ago.

According to Mercury News, "at a time when Apple is adding new workers almost as fast as it sells new iPhones and iPads, the pioneering computer maker has made a 98-acre land purchase that will roughly double the size of its home base in Cupertino."
    The report notes that the land Apple has now gobbled up had been occupied by HP for two decades. Although HP announced the sale this earlier this week, the company initially did not opt to reveal who the buyer was.

"We now occupy 57 buildings in Cupertino and our campus is bursting at the seams," Apple's Steve Dowling told Mercury News. "These offices will give us more space for our employees as we continue to grow."

Mercury News

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

duffyg420 (11-30-2010)

I didnt wake up at 2am in the morning just to save $40 bucks...looked at the black friday sales and thats pretty much the highest amount of money they were taking off of the stuff I wanted....atleast in my area. but i can see apple did a "little" shopping ($300,000,000)!!!! boy I wish i was steve jobs

wow that money's burning a hole in steves pocket. at least he didn't have to wait in line since 6p.m. thursday night to get what he wanted lol. i drove around last night just to make fun of those people haha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Great, keep growing Apple!
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

300 Million?? holy hell!! Guess thats chump change for Mr. Jobs...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With Apples $50 Billion, is it?, they could actually buy Ireland

Thanks

300 million is 0.6% of the company's value. That's literally pocket change

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, interesting. I used to be an HP employee at this very same Cupertino Campus before getting laid off this year. I didn't want to transfer to Texas so I took the severance package. I'm not surprised they closed it all together and apple is moving in.