+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Goes Recruiting at RIM

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple is taking no prisoners in the company's effort to become a serious player in the corporate market, where RIM and all things BlackBerry have been a formidable and competitive
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Goes Recruiting at RIM

Apple is taking no prisoners in the company's effort to become a serious player in the corporate market, where RIM and all things BlackBerry have been a formidable and competitive fixture for far too long, at least in the eyes of Cupertino-based Apple executives eager to improve the image of iDevices among business professionals. As a result of Apple's relentless efforts, word has surfaced that Apple has picked up at least five Research in Motion employees during the last eighteen months.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple "is not only poaching corporate customers from BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd., it's poaching members of RIM's enterprise sales team." Thanks to the investigative journalism tool known as LinkedIn,
    former key RIM employees have now come on board Apple. The BlackBerry turncoats include Geoff Perfect, once Head of Strategic Sales at RIM. One month after departing the company, he joined Apple as Head of Enterprise iPhone Sales.

The rest of the team that made a similar transition include the likes of senior global sales managers and account managers, all of whom are presumably very familiar with the inside workings and corporate sales strategies of Research in Motion. According to the Wall Street Journal, Apple confirmed the hiring of at least five of these key players (in other words, they didn't blindly trust LinkedIn). Regardless of Apple's growing team of former competitors, the Cupertino-based tech giant has made substantial strides in making the iPhone and iPad more "corporate friendly," as both studies and sales suggest an increasing level of comfort with iDevices in big business.

Wall Street Journal

Thanks

Apple up to their best game ever. "Good Artist copy, Great Artist Steal!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mookest For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (11-24-2010)

Thanks

I like the contrast between this post and the last one.

Thanks

They trying to increase their epic fail in the market?
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks

i'm guessing RIM doesn't make people sign 'non-compete' agreements, and there are no 'clean-room design' issues...

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

y not go after googles people lol probably because they have non compete clause

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

they're going to buy up everyone to make a super all around idevice
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    Well its kind of obvious that Apple is making a move towards enterprise adoption of iOS devices... lets think about this who has the greater presence in enterprise Android or Black Berry? Thats a bit of a self explanatory question....

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    They trying to increase their epic fail in the market?
    How exactly? Troll much?
    Last edited by mvhurlburt; 11-24-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    haha, no it's probably the fact that if they do hire Google's people, then the company would fix all of apples problems, resulting in loss of interest haha
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman