Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases Black Friday Teaser Ad

Default Apple Releases Black Friday Teaser Ad

It’s pretty unusual to hear the words Apple and sale in the same breath, but it’s that time of year again. Apple is having their annual Black Friday sale this November 26. They usually offer modest discounts on select products and this year should be no different. If you’re looking for the best deals on Apple products, however, other retailers usually have better deals than Apple. Still, it’s worth a look, just to see what Apple is putting on sale.

Apple is teasing the sale with the tag line “Wrap it up this Friday” for a “special one-day Apple shopping event.” If the presents in the ad are any indication, then just about everything will be on sale. The ad also teases, “You’ll find dozens of great iPad, iPod, and Mac gifts for everyone on your list.” We’ll just have to wait until after turkey day to find out more.

Hopefully, Apple will take a cue from T.J. Maxx and let a few iPads go for $100 off as well. Steve has stated that Apple won’t be doing any price matching any time soon. However, if the price is right, then I know someone who’ll be getting one under the tree this year.

Source: Apple

Save $50 of your $2000 MacBook pro! lol. Atleast this year they didn't hype up a apple bf sale. Your better off shopping on macmall or something for bf.

Thanks

The old good 'conserve' Steve!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope /this/ teaser isn't as disappointing as the beatles albums release.

Don't get me wrong. I love the beatles music. However, the hype was a little... A LOT exaggerated!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anekin007 View Post
    Save $50 of your $2000 MacBook pro! lol. Atleast this year they didn't hype up a apple bf sale. Your better off shopping on macmall or something for bf.
    There just gunna do what they did last year and give the school discount price to everyone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    Hope /this/ teaser isn't as disappointing as the beatles albums release.

Don't get me wrong. I love the beatles music. However, the hype was a little... A LOT exaggerated!!!!!
    With Apple is almost all about exaggeration, aggressive marketing, bad taste (ahh those american values) and making customers like slaves (sectarian) than users.

Apple got burned once before from their very own "loyal fans" and I don't think that they'll be doing any price slashing any time soon because of it. Remember the release of the original iPhone? When all those fan boys (sorry if you were one of them) waited in line to be the very first to own apple's extremely overpriced blackberry? (I say this because back then, before the device was jailbroken and WAY WAY before the app store, all it did was make crappy phone calls, get email, SLOWLY crawl the web, and show stocks, the only thing that set it apart was that you touched the screen and it played music... Ooooooooooo). Then, due to the market climate, apple slashed the price a short time later. In the "normal" non-apple tech world, this isn't unheard of, and hell... It's even WELCOMED. But no, those closed-minded apple first adopters cried fowl, whined, stomped their feet, held their breath, threw a collaborative hissy-fit and demanded a refund for the difference. All because they've never experienced apple drastically cutting their prices in the past. The worst thing apple ever did was cave on that, because now, if they ever wind up price slashing in the future they run the risk of upsetting their precious early adopter fan base again and having to fork over millions of dollars of profit back. It's like they created their very own horrible price guarantee that actually winds up hurting the average consumer. "don't worry, buy this now at this price, and if we ever drop the price, you can ***** and moan and we'll either give you back the difference in a check or a gift card." Sorry for the rant, that has just always bothered the hell out of me, and I truly believe that apple will never dabble with drastically changing their prices in the future because of it. That was the first time they actually altered their prices in a meaningful way to make their product much more reasonable for the average consumer. And thanks to those whiny early adopters... They got burned badly, and in turn, so did the rest of us that would love to see price drops (temporary or permanent) happen more often in the pearly gates of apple store as it does in the non-apple real world where the rest of us live.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.eck.art.3d For This Useful Post:

cvillelli (11-23-2010), sungod661 (11-23-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    There just gunna do what they did last year and give the school discount price to everyone
    Correct

Whatever it is, it will suck. Instead of a discount they should give gift cards. At least then your 5 percent off would make you feel like you are getting something that will be lasting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 1shuttle1 For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (11-23-2010)

I find it funny that they do this sale in Canada, but I'm not complaining. I got a iPod last year at this
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

The poster I got in my email is almost exactly the same except it mentions iPhones too!

It will be interesting to see the discount, considering they don't offer an educational discount on iPhones.
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Save $15 on an iPod, lmao pathetic sale.

Hey if someone wanted to give me $15 I would not say no! It's better than a poke in the eye with a shity stick

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    Hey if someone wanted to give me $15 I would not say no! It's better than a poke in the eye with a shity stick
    $15 off of a $199 is like being prodded with a stick, it's like hey come in and buy this for like the same price SUCK

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.eck.art.3d View Post
    When all those fan boys (sorry if you were one of them) waited in line to be the very first to own apple's extremely overpriced blackberry?
    That's all I had to read to know that you have no idea what you're talking about lol! The iPhone changed the smartphone biz, to compare it to a glorified email checker is ridiculous.

If you don't want a discount priced product from Apple then don't get one...but for some families out there that are tight on money, a cut in price may be a huge help.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

plcrules (11-23-2010)

Is apple going to release any new products on black friday? PM me please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XxAlecxX View Post
    Is apple going to release any new products on black friday? PM me please.
    Um not a chance more like school discount price to all that's what they did last year

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Um not a chance more like school discount price to all that's what they did last year
    A school discount in the UK is anything up to 14%, but excludes iPhones and iPads, so guess it's not a bad deal, better then a kick in the go-nads!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sale? Right............

Buy 2 iPhone 4s, 2 MacBook Pros, and an iPod Touch and get a $10 giftcard and a free Steve Jobs bobblehead.

There's your sale!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Best Buy is giving out $125 gift cards with a few MacBook and MacBook Pro models. I am sure that beats the pants off of anything Apple is going to offer...

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    That's all I had to read to know that you have no idea what you're talking about lol! The iPhone changed the smartphone biz, to compare it to a glorified email checker is ridiculous.

If you don't want a discount priced product from Apple then don't get one...but for some families out there that are tight on money, a cut in price may be a huge help.
    No, what he said was fairly accurate. It did change the business, but not until appstore came out. Aide from being a really pretty and nifty touch screen at launch, it really didn't do anything any other phone couldn't do...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-23-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast