Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Unleashes iOS 4.2.1 GM for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to Devs

  1. #21
    Didn't something like this happen back in iOS 2.xx days???

    It happens, I want 4.2 on my iPad as bad as anyone (sick of reverting back in forth to 3.2.2) but I'd rather do with out that nasty wifi issue.

  2. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middlesbrough UK
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahaka View Post
    well can this be unlock ??
    It's not released. So I think you know the answer.

  3. #23
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lake Charles, La
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i wonder what the term GM actually means...
    Go Masturbate!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsufan51 For This Useful Post:

    raaron12 (11-19-2010), ronfin44 (11-18-2010)

  5. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I am going stay jailbroken on 4.0.1 until most cydia tweak are supported on 4.2.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Same

  6. #25
    Quick question as i am a noob at this jailbreaking thing. Do I have to reinstall all my Cydia apps when the new firmware and subsequent jailbreak are released or is there an easier way to upgrade?

  7. #26
    interesting. but i can't find my shared printer with this latest release. anyone else missing printers?

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
    interesting. but i can't find my shared printer with this latest release. anyone else missing printers?
    Just installed 4.2.1 GM (God Makeitwork) on my iPad.

    I have a shared printer on Linux (Avahi + cups) and I can print from 4.2.1.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to buzios For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (11-18-2010)

  10. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasabi View Post
    Quick question as i am a noob at this jailbreaking thing. Do I have to reinstall all my Cydia apps when the new firmware and subsequent jailbreak are released or is there an easier way to upgrade?
    Yea but if you get aptbackup you don't have to

  11. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 146 Times in 124 Posts

    Not long now. Hopefully everything will be fixed!

  12. #30
    GM means gold master

  13. #31
    hurry the hell up apple! my 3g needs 4.2 already so it'll stop lagging so horribly

  14. #32
    holy sh*t!!!!! y the hell r they taking soooooooo long 2 release this damn update!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!$&@#^*~!!!!!

  15. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by flubberducky5 View Post
    holy sh*t!!!!! y the hell r they taking soooooooo long 2 release this damn update!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!$&@#^*~!!!!!
    There have been unexpected bugs, that come with all updates.

    I'm enjoying 4.2 on both my iPhone and iPad. The new multitasking and folders ability on the iPad is a huge help.

  16. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    I wonder what they are going to do about the iPads faulty switch.
    In pre 4.2 it was a rotation lock but in 4.2 is nothing. Its suppose to be mute but it doesn't work.

    I've upgraded to 4.2GM2 and it was nothing interesting so I downgraded back to 3.2.2 as its got more useful features. Backgrounder is a better multitasker than the native one so if you are upgrading from 3.2.2 with backgrounder to 4.2 just for multitasking then don't bother.

  17. #35
    I want the rotation swtich back. Hold the volume down button for a sec and it goes mute so that is fine no need for a mute switch.

  18. #36
    Just stop with all the GM versions for developers!!! Just bring out the final release to the public god dammit!!!

    The more Apple keeps this GM going on the more I have to wait for the final release thus making have to wait even more on the Unlock I soooo need for my iOS 4.1 :-S


    Sent from my iPhone4 using ModMyi
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

  19. #37
    Usually the GM is the final build but this round they have made 2 changes on the GM builds.

  20. #38
    @Cer0: I know what u mean. Apple just dragging this for tooooo long I'm loosing it!

    Do u know how f'd up it feela having the latest iPhone 4 and being able to use everything with exception of the "phone feature"? It BLOWS!!!

    I just want to be able to be reached on my iPhone! Have to do so with the BB instead till Apple decide to stop playing games and make the final release.

    Even my gf who's a long time BB fanatic/addict switched to the iPhone4 after having played around with my iPhone4 She saw a whole new world when she actually got to use the iPhone. And guess what? She needs the same god damn unlock I do! LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

  21. #39
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    So far so good on install

  22. #40
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I wonder what they are going to do about the iPads faulty switch.
    In pre 4.2 it was a rotation lock but in 4.2 is nothing. Its suppose to be mute but it doesn't work.

    I've upgraded to 4.2GM2 and it was nothing interesting so I downgraded back to 3.2.2 as its got more useful features. Backgrounder is a better multitasker than the native one so if you are upgrading from 3.2.2 with backgrounder to 4.2 just for multitasking then don't bother.
    The mute switch works now. It's been working in all of the GM releases. How is it not working for you?

    Also, the backgrounder argument is rather lame. The majority of apps are not updated to support 4.2 on the iPad and thus lack the code to implement multitasking in them. That is no fault of iOS. With an extremely short list of exceptions (Colloquy being the only one off the top of my head), iOS has a much better implementation of multitasking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I want the rotation swtich back. Hold the volume down button for a sec and it goes mute so that is fine no need for a mute switch.
    I'm rather indifferent about which command they dedicate to the switch. However, if they are going to make it a mute button then they need to change the decrease volume buttons coding. The button should decrease the volume gradually, just like it does on the iPod and iPhone. Keeping the goes mute after 2 seconds function is rather redundant if there's a mute switch a half of an inch above it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Usually the GM is the final build but this round they have made 2 changes on the GM builds.
    But why not have it be iOS 4.2 GM3 rather than iOS 4.2.1 GM? That's the only puzzling part about this third GM, to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •