Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prosecutors Want Apple Manager to Give Back $1 Million in Kickbacks

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Prosecutors Want Apple Manager to Give Back $1 Million in Kickbacks

Paul Devine may need to empty his pockets. The global supply manager for Apple who was charged with taking substantial financial kickbacks in return for sensitive company information, Devine is now hearing from prosecutors for the U.S. government that the time may be drawing near to return the fat wads of cash he collected from his "side venture."

Although Devine has pleaded not guilty, Apple says their former employee abused his security clearance privileges and sold knowledge to overseas suppliers, the result of which was Apple being at a disadvantage when negotiating with those particular companies. In addition to federal prosecutors hitting Devine with charges of wire fraud, kickbacks and money laundering, Apple is also pursuing a civil suit against Devine.

Devine gave the suppliers of iPhone and iPod accessories confidential data that helped them win better contracts from Cupertino, California-based Apple in exchange for payments, according to the indictment. Each count of wire fraud, wire- fraud conspiracy, and money laundering carries a 20-year prison sentence, prosecutors said.
    Incredibly, prosecutors are having a difficult time tracing the transfers of funds proving many of the allegations against Devine. As a result, more time is needed according to Bloomberg for prosecutors to analyze the activities logged on Devine's seized computers, As it stands, however, prosecutors are actively seeking that Devine cough up the $950,000 in kickbacks they've traced back to Devine.

Bloomberg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (11-16-2010)

Fact to life: honesty = happiness if not suffering shall soon follows

Hey I give the man props for screwing with the emperor of the world..... Not many people would have the balls to do such a thing knowing the grasp apple has on the world.

Idiot that what he gets for messin with Apple!!! say apple holding your tounge and thats what that guy is!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aplifoneusr View Post
    Hey I give the man props for screwing with the emperor of the world..... Not many people would have the balls to do such a thing knowing the grasp apple has on the world.
    I think money talks... BIG TIME!. you might always say you won't do it, or that you wouldn't have the balls to do it, but when you are presented with over 1 mill, I am sure things change, no matter how much you think you wouldn't.

For $950K I'll tell you anything you want to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    For $950K I'll tell you anything you want to hear!
    for $950k ill do anything you tell me to!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    for $950k ill do anything you tell me to!!!!
    For $950k... I'll do anything that doesn't break a law...

$9.5m... I might break a law or two

$950m... Who needs to die?
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post

Your entire family tree
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Your entire family tree
    Keep the money. Some things ARE more important, family is one of them.

Someone else's family tree though...
    It's where you are.

Thanks

Keep the money. Some things ARE more important, family is one of them.
    Proving my point...

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I think money talks... BIG TIME!. you might always say you won't do it, or that you wouldn't have the balls to do it, but when you are presented with over 1 mill, I am sure things change, no matter how much you think you wouldn't.
    i always want to say i would be generous and non corrupt if i was rich or in the position, buts it the natural instinct of man
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Proving my point...
    What point? You didn't contribute to this until you said "your entire family tree."
    It's where you are.

Thanks

What point? You didn't contribute to this until you said "your entire family tree."
    Why are you getting all riled up? I made you prove the point I was thinking about. I knew someone would be retarded enough to post "I'd do anything for money" like a bunch of materialistic rappers. I bet you wouldn't sleep for a day in your like knowing you killed someone for money.

Why are you getting all riled up? I made you prove the point I was thinking about. I knew someone would be retarded enough to post "I'd do anything for money" like a bunch of materialistic rappers. I bet you wouldn't sleep for a day in your like knowing you killed someone for money.
    I'm not riled up, you are.

I never said I'd do anything for money.

I just pointed out that you hadn't even tried to make a point yet.
    It's where you are.

Thanks

I'm not riled up, you are.

I never said I'd do anything for money.

I just pointed out that you hadn't even tried to make a point yet.
    I was referring to the comment you originally replied to buddy. And you still don't get it. You proved my point, which was knowing that you wouldn't "kill" your family for money. I may not have said anything before but that's the first damn thing that came to my mind when I read your very mature reply. And you talk like killing for $950M would be so easy. You have no idea kid. I spent too many months in Iraq for people like you to speak of that crap like its something you forget about the next day. Move on sir.

I was referring to the comment you originally replied to buddy. And you still don't get it. You proved my point, which was knowing that you wouldn't "kill" your family for money. I may not have said anything before but that's the first damn thing that came to my mind when I read your very mature reply. And you talk like killing for $950M would be so easy. You have no idea kid. I spent too many months in Iraq for people like you to speak of that crap like its something you forget about the next day. Move on sir.
    Let's not bring Iraq into this. You have NO idea what I've done.
    It's where you are.

LoL...another "forum" battle over words. One should take the time to read and enjoy others' comment(s).

For $950k... I'll do anything that doesn't break a law...

$9.5m... I might break a law or two

haha! Agreed!

This "thread" 'Topic" "forum" (whatever its called) is probably the most funniest and the best one on this site!
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 11-16-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you two need to grow up...

Let's not bring Iraq into this. You have NO idea what I've done.
    you two need to grow up...
    Last edited by kingljrules; 11-17-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast