Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Accepting Mac App Store Submissions

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Now Accepting Mac App Store Submissions

Very quietly this week Apple started accepting app submissions to the forthcoming Mac App Store. Last month, at Apple's "Back to Mac" event, Steve Jobs unveiled the new Mac-based app store as a shining example of the Mac OS X Lion's new bells and whistles. Snow Leopard users, however, were also told they would get the app store, which would launch within 90 days.

The process of building the Mac App Store's content has begun, as developers are now able to serve up their creations to embellish the offerings of the Mac App Store's upcoming debut. Comparable to the iOS App developer program, the Mac App developer program is $99 per year. As expected, the new Mac App Store will be a standalone app, analogous to the look and feel of iTunes. It will enable users to download and install apps (free or for purchase) with "just one click."

In late October, Apple released the Review Guidelines for the new Mac App Store, as Paul reported following their publication. Very similar to guidelines for iOS App Store submissions, agreed Paul, the policy seems to be "intended to head off complaints" about the criteria for inclusion on the Mac App Store. Apple will only say that the published guidelines are "to ensure that apps are reliable, perform as advertised, and free of offensive material."

For more info, check out the Mac Developer Program.

Apple

This is exciting I can't wait to have apps on my Mac. Hopefully this means better/ more awesome utilities
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm wonder if any decent Mac apps will be available...

cydia for mac? maybe? haha
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    That would be a cool jailbreak

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The Mac is not a closed system so what exactly needs to be jailbroken?! You can still buy and install apps from places other than the Mac App Store.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The Mac is not a closed system so what exactly needs to be jailbroken?! You can still buy and install apps from places other than the Mac App Store.
    True but still would be fun to say. But I see your point there would be no real reason

I just hope people don't submit useless stuff like flashlight apps or fart apps. That's just what I need for my Mac is a one button application that makes flatulence sounds....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The only thing I want outta all this is for more games to be made for Mac, so hopefully Apple will beef up the graphics cards in Macs and stop putting graphics hardware that is old and outdated in their consumer level Macs.
    Oh and no Cider ports please, native games only.

With the new Mac AppStore we're going to jailbreak and there's going to be tons of software updates on the Mac *sigh

Also apps like warcraft (ya I'm sort of a geek) will probably be available on the AppStore which ********** would be helpful

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    True but still would be fun to say. But I see your point there would be no real reason
    You can't jailbreak a mac. It's not closed and the only reason you'd want crappy Cydia on Mac is for piracy

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    You can't jailbreak a mac. It's not closed and the only reason you'd want crappy Cydia on Mac is for piracy
    True and thus it will eventually appear because Apple sucks and doesn't have a trial of apps

I just wonder what APP is going to be the first app that Apple pulls from the mac store. Because they feel it violated the rules and regulations. Let me guess, the first person that tries to submit anything to do with .EXE haha
    No signature spam or links

Sounds very interesting

let's hope they don't do to the Mac what they did to the iPod

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muttstuffle View Post
    Well they are, SUCK, have ou seem the new OS?

Quote Originally Posted by muttstuffle View Post
    Wow I wish I would have posted my first comment as you did! ^^^ couldnt agree More!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    i said the same thing! i made a dicusson thread, and all i got was a "facepalm.jpg" but uh... haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Well they are, SUCK, have ou seem the new OS?
    I meant will they add the same restrictions that they placed on the iPod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast