+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple May Acquire Sony

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by norfskate The only good thing I could see in this is that Sony Ericsson would finally **** off! :-) Agreed lol. Idk I wouldn't have a problem
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    The only good thing I could see in this is that Sony Ericsson would finally **** off!

:-)
    Agreed lol. Idk I wouldn't have a problem with it. Apple is a great company. It's about time they branch out to games and receivers and bluray players

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    then that means everything i own will have an i in front of it.
    lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    you do realise that if apple do acquire sony that will mean all sony devices will sky rocket in price because apple don't sell anything on the cheap (even if it costs them less that $100 to build they charge $500)

i really hope this is false as it's bad enough with apples prices the now.
    very good point!
    Last edited by elite_jounin; 10-26-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I hope you get banned, Calling him a moron is just disrespectful.

Dont Like it dont read quit ********.

You didnt have to click on the article so STFU.

I wouldnt mind if Apple Bought Sony, Apple needs to get into the Game System Market.
    Did you read the Reuters link Messany provided? The article even states that it is purely speculation:

But even the author of the report, Eric Savitz, on Tuesday sought to clear up misconceptions about any potential combination of Apple and Sony.

He wrote in a blog post on Barron's website, "In the piece I noted that the company could do something aggressive, like bidding for Adobe, Sony or even Disney. But that was pure speculation. Yeesh."
    There's no inside source or anything in this article. It is entirely hearsay and is by no means newsworthy. I clicked the link to read Messany's article on the notion that there could be reason for a serious discussion about it, but as usual I was sadly disappointed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Did you read the Reuters link Messany provided? The article even states that it is purely speculation:

There's no inside source or anything in this article. It is entirely hearsay and is by no means newsworthy. I clicked the link to read Messany's article on the notion that there could be reason for a serious discussion about it, but as usual I was sadly disappointed.
    If your sadly disappointed then why do you read the articles on MMI? Just o you can ***** about them ***** about them. I dont mean to be rude but I hate it when people ***** about things They DONT have to pay for.
    [SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought Sony was 100 times bigger than Apple. Isnt it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo411 View Post
    That's what I thought aswell.

Thanks

More great news for a 360 owner...
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    More great news for a 360 owner...
    Boooooo 360 RROD 8 months after purchase. Sorry for being off topic but it had to be said

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo411 View Post
    I just checked Google finance and apparently Apple is even bigger than Microsoft now. How the hell that happened I have no idea.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I have actually dreamed about this because if apple and sony products were to combine with each other they would be the ******* awesomest products ever. I still cant play music from my iPhone on my ps3 i can only charge it!!

Thanks

all rumors come from somewhere so who knows this could have a hint of truth in it, and everyone is trying to downplay it

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    I just checked Google finance and apparently Apple is even bigger than Microsoft now. How the hell that happened I have no idea.
    That just happened a couple of months ago. Last I checked though, the difference wasn't very significant, and they could easily switch places in a relatively short amount of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    スティーブは日本語が話せるか?

これは、ビジネスを超えています。これは、変更の文化だろうが巨大な私は、または望んで維持することができ ます翻訳Googleの他の我々は運命にあるすべての。

^^ WTF really...

But just in case those of you are wondering what this says... Here I'll translate for you..

What Steve can speak Japanese? This is more than business. This is where I would be a huge cultural change, can be translated or Google wants to keep the other we are all doomed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    That just happened a couple of months ago. Last I checked though, the difference wasn't very significant, and they could easily switch places in a relatively short amount of time.
    Yeah but they did that just from selling iphones, ipods and macs? Microsoft has probably sold more copies of Windows than all Apple products combined. And that's not considering all the other products Microsoft sells.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone post some financial numbers from Apple and Sony please?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

At least it would mean people would finally get Blu-Ray drives in their macbooks etc. I can't see what Apple would want to do with a PS3 market though, hmmm.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I hope you get banned, Calling him a moron is just disrespectful.

Dont Like it dont read quit ********.

You didnt have to click on the article so STFU.

I wouldnt mind if Apple Bought Sony, Apple needs to get into the Game System Market.
    Moron.

You just did the same thing I did.

You are the type that make Apple fans look bad, just like the guy that wrote the "article".

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Yeah but they did that just from selling iphones, ipods and macs? Microsoft has probably sold more copies of Windows than all Apple products combined. And that's not considering all the other products Microsoft sells.
    You can't really say that Apple is now a little bigger than MS generally. The one thing where Apple passed MS a little is the stock value but this doesn't really mean a lot in their business because it is more a symbolic number which shows how people who buy their stocks feel about the companies business these days and the near future.
    In "real" business MS turnover is still much higher than Apples.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    At least it would mean people would finally get Blu-Ray drives in their macbooks etc. I can't see what Apple would want to do with a PS3 market though, hmmm.
    Maybe home sharing from itunes to ps3 and also... god i hope this would happen, you would be able to connect your iDevice to the ps3 through usb cable and then your music and videos could be played thorugh the ps3 to the tv and that would mean i wouldnt have to buy one of those stupid $50 composite cables and id be able to stream my iPhone media through the ps3 with hdmi at full 1080p!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Maybe home sharing from itunes to ps3 and also... god i hope this would happen, you would be able to connect your iDevice to the ps3 through usb cable and then your music and videos could be played thorugh the ps3 to the tv and that would mean i wouldnt have to buy one of those stupid $50 composite cables and id be able to stream my iPhone media through the ps3 with hdmi at full 1080p!
    That would be sweet!