Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple May Acquire Sony

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, at least you put "Rumor" in the title. Although, after reading the Reuters article "Bull****" would have been a more appropriate title.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol.. this is complete BULL. Not gonna happen. Facebook, Disney, Adobe, Comcast even... maybe. Sony, no. Japan is not gonna sell off one of it's prized companies to an American company. Sony has so much debt too... the whole thing doesnt make sense. Its like Pocahontas marries John Smith all over again!

this would scare the hell out of me, i dont really see it happening but hell Steve owns disney I didnt see that happening either.

Better start buying some apple stocks before they go skyrocketing ....

So would ps3's have an A4 in them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

hahha funny rumor, Sony will NEVER sell to apple. To many products as well as dominant products....Just imagine, iPS4, lol, where the hell you guys get your sources from.
    "R-R"

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Lol.. this is complete BULL. Not gonna happen. Facebook, Disney, Adobe, Comcast even... maybe. Sony, no. Japan is not gonna sell off one of it's prized companies to an American company. Sony has so much debt too... the whole thing doesnt make sense. Its like Pocahontas marries John Smith all over again!
    Sony is publicly traded. I don't think the citizens of Japan have a say in the matter, but then I'm not too keen on the rules when buying a foreign company.

But, if true this news is certainly disturbing. When one buys out the competition it's not good for the consumer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

dsg (10-26-2010)

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

apple could make one heck of a games console if they put there mind to it.

anyway is it just me or could apple make an amazing camera? i thought about this when the iphone 1st came out????
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    God i hope this doesn't happen. I have so many Sony products. I don't want Apple to have a monopoly on me. Then that means everything i own will have an I in front of it.
    iPlaystation3 perhaps?

Thanks

Never ever going to happen. Just no.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Wow if Apple buys facebook & Sony in the next year everyone else might as well stop making consumer electronics yeesh!

Thanks
    When all else fails, let's make up a story.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Never gonna happen...
    See this...

Helping to spark the speculation was a Saturday report in Barron's that said cash-rich Apple could be contemplating a big acquisition and noted speculation about Adobe, Sony and Disney as potential targets.

But even the author of the report, Eric Savitz, on Tuesday sought to clear up misconceptions about any potential combination of Apple and Sony.

He wrote in a blog post on Barron's website, "In the piece I noted that the company could do something aggressive, like bidding for Adobe, Sony or even Disney. But that was pure speculation. Yeesh."

The issue about Apple's acquisition plans gained steam earlier this month when, on conference call with investors and reporters, Chief Executive Steve Jobs was asked what the company would do with its $51 billion in cash.

"We would like to continue to keep our powder dry, because we do feel that there are one or more strategic opportunities in the future," Jobs said.

But analysts who follow technology downplayed the likelihood that Apple would chase Sony -- or any other major acquisition.

"We don't see any acquisitions of any size," said Ashok Kumar, an analyst with Rodman & Renshaw in New York. "Apple is happy to keep its cash under the pillow."

Kumar said a deal for Sony would be particularly unlikely. "It would be a cultural miss," he said.

Sony spokeswoman Sue Tanaka said: "We cannot comment on rumors or speculation."

Sony rally shortlived as speculation dismissed | Reuters

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

The only good thing I could see in this is that Sony Ericsson would finally **** off!

:-)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Another pointless article...
    There's posting news, then there's posting rumors, and then there's posting nonsense crap

(by rumors I mean things Apple could do within logical reason and not pure fantasy)

I hope this never happens if anything apple should acquire adobe

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think this is true. However if it is, I really think Apple should cool it's heels for a second. They're doing quite well right now, they don't need to acquire every freakin' thing

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! I don't believe this would be a nice idea

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Wow, Michael Essany at it again, did you even read the reuters article...

Moron.
    I hope you get banned, Calling him a moron is just disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Well, at least you put "Rumor" in the title. Although, after reading the Reuters article "Bull****" would have been a more appropriate title.
    Dont Like it dont read quit ********.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Another pointless article...
    There's posting news, then there's posting rumors, and then there's posting nonsense crap

(by rumors I mean things Apple could do within logical reason and not pure fantasy)
    You didnt have to click on the article so STFU.

I wouldnt mind if Apple Bought Sony, Apple needs to get into the Game System Market.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 10-26-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveabu View Post
    lol this could be interesting. i have no issues against this.
    you do realise that if Apple do acquire Sony that will mean all Sony devices will sky rocket in price because Apple don't sell anything on the cheap (even if it costs them less that $100 to build they charge $500)

I really hope this is false as it's bad enough with Apples prices the now.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast