+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Double Size of North Carolina Data Center?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
If this is for some cloud-based service, I am sure there will be a monthly fee. I will pass. I have no need for this. Originally Posted by Zokunei Aren't
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If this is for some cloud-based service, I am sure there will be a monthly fee. I will pass. I have no need for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Aren't you always riding people about staying on topic?
    Anyway, I think it's funny how 64GB is called "tiny". My DESKTOP only has 70.
    How effing old is your desktop? I had a 60GB hdd in my desktop... in 1999...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Maybe they want to creat something similar to BBM?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

How can you have a destop with 70 gigs? My GarageBand files take up more then that I need 1tb atleast 500 gig if I had to.

It took mozy 358 days to get a full backup of my desk system.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 10-25-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's all about preparing for the future. Apple no doubt has a much better insight into future technology such as super wifi etc... 2-3 years from now we might well be getting 99.5% countrywide wifi coverage at 50-100 mb/s, wifi on all plane services and good coverage in most countries abroad.
    If this happens, Apple will once again be at the forefront of technology with the cloud being a much more viable solution, as all you're devices will be able to access and edit all your data.

Thanks

When I think about it 64 gb is alot, on my first macintosh computer in 1994 it had 68 mb of ram a processor clocking in at 20 mhz 230 mb HDD. Damn that was a quick system.
    Last edited by Rob2G; 10-25-2010 at 12:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I realy don't understand why no one see's problem with this, why would any Freedom loving Red blooded American want to store all off their personal information a server some where, not knowing who has access to it, and especially with Apple, given there draconian ideas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ibkoool For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (10-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ibkoool View Post
    I realy don't understand why no one see's problem with this, why would any Freedom loving Red blooded American want to store all off their personal information a server some where, not knowing who has access to it, and especially with Apple, given there draconian ideas.
    I do see a huge problem with it, Thats why I wont use it or install any upgrade that requires me to use it. The only online storage I will use in mozy online back up that way I have physical drives with my back up locked in a safe and I have a back up for my back up on mozy. Placing an entire system in the cloud is stupid and asking for trouble IMHO.
    [SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The problem is getting the masses to see this. Our masters doesn't have to spy on us anymore, we just hand them the information on a silver platter, may be that's a good thing, I don't know.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I wonder how Microsoft is going to handle the cloud issue. It seems that the roles have reversed and rather than MS setting the standards, now Apple is. MS will have to come up with a "response" and I doubt it will be handled with much care.

Of course, one could say that Apple handles us with too much care, lol.

They really do need this though, it shouldn't take 4 hours to download a new firmware on 3G, when a 365mb app only takes 10 min. This will help iTunes with a lot of the speed issues on "release week."

Who knows, maybe it's where they keep the cyborg-aliens that tell Steve what to do?
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think that its gonna be cloud back up not cloud-based os

Thanks

"...the sight"

The site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cookbenj's Avatar
    Thanks

hide and seek anyone?
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

Thanks

cloud computing is greatly dependant on super high speed networks.
    No wifi, or home internet connection yet can provide the speeds that are handled by local storage media.
    Consider this, i recorded a HD video, through an iphone or whatever, lets say its 1GB. How long will it take to get that uploaded to the cloud?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    How can you have a destop with 70 gigs? My GarageBand files take up more then that I need 1tb atleast 500 gig if I had to.

It took mozy 358 days to get a full backup of my desk system.
    If I had to guess… I'd say my desktop is seven or eight years old. 2.8GHz processor I think. 512MB of RAM. Slow as ****. But my HD is only half full. Almost exactly half full, 49% last time I checked. It's probably only half full because I never use it anymore because it's so slow.

Thanks

If I had to guess… I'd say my desktop is seven or eight years old. 2.8GHz processor I think. 512MB of RAM. Slow as ****. But my HD is only half full. Almost exactly half full, 49% last time I checked. It's probably only half full because I never use it anymore because it's so slow.
    Well hell, if it works then no need to upgrade.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chris-tt View Post
    It's all about preparing for the future. Apple no doubt has a much better insight into future technology such as super wifi etc... 2-3 years from now we might well be getting 99.5% countrywide wifi coverage at 50-100 mb/s, wifi on all plane services and good coverage in most countries abroad.
    If this happens, Apple will once again be at the forefront of technology with the cloud being a much more viable solution, as all you're devices will be able to access and edit all your data.
    Yes, and we will also have hoverboards and flying cars...

Think about what you are saying here... we don;t even have 99.5% 3G data coverage. We aren't going to be anywhere near that kind of coverage with wifi...

I will say though, I sort of welcome the cloud thing for one reason. Hackers WILL be coming to fight Apple in droves. They really need to be knocked down a couple pegs with thier BS "safest platform with no viruses" nonsense.

So this is irrelevent then. If its a clunky POS you never use, why even talk about it? As I said, one of my PCs have a 60gb HDD, but I don't use it because it's garbage. Why even mention it then?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-25-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    So this is irrelevent then. If its a clunky POS you never use, why even talk about it? As I said, one of my PCs have a 60gb HDD, but I don't use it because it's garbage. Why even mention it then?
    Well it is the only computer I have. Want me to say I don't have a compy so people will think I can't upgrade my iPod, jailbreak, or really do anything that this site is all about? (and also that I live in a cave.) I don't mean I NEVER use it, I mean I use it as little as possible because it takes literally about two or three minutes to even open iTunes.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (10-25-2010)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12