+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple: No Preinstalled Flash on Macs

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer My Ignore List of Stupidity Population: 7 trolls including you. Have fun with your PC. Of course I will have fun with my PC. It actually
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    My Ignore List of Stupidity

Population: 7 trolls including you.

Have fun with your PC.
    Of course I will have fun with my PC. It actually can run anything. Games, movie editors, you name it.
    Oh.. dude I am sorry I thought you could do those things, but oh well it's your choice so..

By the way I could care less if I was ignored by you. One less person to deal with ;p

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mardinn For This Useful Post:

BrisingrSverdar (10-23-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    And this isn't a good excuse. If they're worried about updates, just bundle it in their autoupdate system. Its another dig at flash while trying to avoid it looking like more feuding.
    As someone previously pointed out- there are not many machines that DO come with flash preinstalled.

So messany serves us up this "news"....

I'm not saying you're a bad writer messany. And by all means I'm very excited for you not to have included a verizon rumor in here some way. But this is most definitely NOT news by any means....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    That's not a bad excuse.
    It's a horrible excuse. If the plugin is installed out of the box, it doesn't matter if it's out of date. If it needs updated, your browser will let you know as soon as you visit a Flash enabled website, and you will have to download and install the latest version. Even if Windows computers don't come with the Flash plugin pre-installed, the various manufacturers don't make a point to claim "better for the end user". This is just a "nice" public way of Jobs putting the hate down on Flash. As if it's not already a known effin fact.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Yeah, because the internet is running out of space so fast. Its dumb and pointless but just as much so to get irritated by it. Attention whores love attention; both good and bad so you're feeding his addiction.

And this isn't a good excuse. If they're worried about updates, just bundle it in their autoupdate system. Its another dig at flash while trying to avoid it looking like more feuding.
    I would agree
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To a few previous statements made on here.

Flash IS kind of a big deal. Go to or design a website...that's all that needs to be said.

If people want to see better performance of Adobe products on mac computers, they need to look at the all too commonly mentioned death grip of apple and their "protecting" our enjoyment of their products. Fueding with Adobe. But then again we all know the story and it's more of the same old blah blah blah.

And no it's not that big of a deal that Flash isn't coming pre-installed. Yes it is more of a statement than it would be coming from PC based companies because of apples situation with Adobe, but honestly if it's installable then mac users should be competent enough to install it themselves. That is of course assuming that they are actually as competent as a select few seem necessary to constantly boast about.

I'm personally a mostly "PC" user, and now days the line is primarily only drawn by software/os. I get tired of misinformed arguments as well as the marketing ploys, well actually more so the people who latch on to mac commercials and spout off about them.

So in conclusion is it notable news? Yes. Does it really make a difference in the end. Not really. At least for once they're not spoon feeding you.

Have a nice day "PC" and mac alike.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NiMexicatl For This Useful Post:

rocky5 (10-23-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple: No Preinstalled Flash on Macs-screen-shot-2010-10-23-7.57.50-pm.png  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

awesomeSlayer (10-23-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There goes my hopes for the next gen ipad to have flash

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a lame attempt by Apple to see Flash go by the wayside. They are hoping people will find it too inconvienent to point and click to install flash, but the first webpage that the user goes to that requires flash will change that Adobe is not going away much to the dismay of Emperor Jobs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w00master View Post
    The only reason why this became a so-called "news" article is b/c of Jobs' stance on Flash in general. HOWEVER on the PC/Mac side, this is not uncommon at all. Many PC manufacturers do not include the Adobe Flash plug-in on their desktops or notebooks. The users all have to go to Adobe.com to download the plug-in themselves.

w00master
    Woo,
    What if I don't know where the Adobe.com website is b/c Apple and MMi haven't posted it yet? Thank god this is a short read, i almost didn't waste my time to read and post... snooooze

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12