Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMovie 11 Available Today

Default iMovie 11 Available Today

At the Apple Special Event today, Steve Jobs unveiled the latest version of iLife 11 to the world. iMovie is getting a big upgrade with a ton of new features. iLife is available today and is included free when you buy a new Mac or $49 to upgrade.

Some of the latest features include:

New audio editing tools to make soundtracks better and make them easier to edit. Editing audio waveforms is now possible and they are color coded to make it easier to distinguish different tracks more easily. Fade in/out is now easier to implement as well, all you have to do is a select the audio track and drag up to fade in and down to fade out. Logic Studio Pro users will be familiar with most of these audio enhancements.

Adding video effects has gotten an easier as well, with one step effects. Instant replays are now possible, as is adding slow mo sequences. Really complex editing is now possible with only a few mouse clicks.

A totally new feature is called Trailers. Users can now create big Hollywood style movie trailers in just a few easy steps. From opening credits to cast and full crew listings taken from the address book, are now possible. The trailers demoed at today’s event looked really slick.

iMovie users now have a really easy way to organize their movie projects with the help of a new storyboard view. With this new feature, users are asked for different types of shots to include such as action shot, followed by a close-up sequence, then a group shot. Face-recognition is used to help users find people they are looking for. This feature was first used in iPhoto and is now put to great use in iMovie.

New scores have been included as well, recorded by the London symphony Orchestra. There is also a new range of themes to choose from and users can easily post their movie masterpieces to the web for the world to see.

iMovie has always been the easiest way to edit movies and with this update the best just got better. Hardcore movie editors will always use Final Cut Pro of course, but for the rest of us, iMovie is an easy and fun way to share our home movies with the world.

Source: Apple
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 10-20-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: updated picture

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-20-2010)

Still no timeline.... *sigh*
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

4. The Following User Says Thank You to billchase2 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (10-20-2010)

I'm still trying to get iMovie to work on my iPod Touch 4. I can't import movies that I already took. Instead I have to open the iMovie app and then start the camera. That's pretty lame. Picture importing works fine, though.

I'm not a big fan of Apple's software. Although I hear Final Cut Pro is like an industry standard somehow.

So GarageBand? Later?

Huge fan of their easy to use software! once i master imovie 11 i will move on to final cut pro...

That sucks! I just bought iLife '10 a few weeks ago! They should have a free upgrade for recent buyers of iLife 10.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I use iMovie on iPhone 4 and movie importing works like a charm!

Thanks

Can't wait to get ahold of this. I'm hoping best buy will have it in stock as the near apple store is an hour away. iPhoto is one of my favorite apps and I'm sure the '11 edition won't disappoint. Just wish it could've been available as a digital download. Guess that'll be the advantage of the Mac app store huh.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

Silencer_0 (10-21-2010)

Thanks

Here's to hoping that we'll also see an update for the iPhone application. I love using it but wish there were more themes/transitions and the ability to select certain parts of the video and crop both the front and back of it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the look of this. Never do big editing for final cut use.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

That's pretty good that iMovie 11 has been launched. I was using from a long time on iMovie 09. It works greatly, specially in basic video effects and image stabilization. I like the Full-Screen Library Browser via which i can find and examine all video in one place.

Now i am looking for iMovie 11 and believes that it would be much better from the previous one

Thanks
    mod edit/links removed.

I just test my imovie 11 lol