+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Getting an App Store within 90 Days

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
They said in the presentation that application installation wasnt locked to the appstore
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They said in the presentation that application installation wasnt locked to the appstore

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Look at it as a chance to also find apps that may be helpful that were lost in the vastness of the web.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this sounds great but would also be worried that we could only install what Apple wants us to.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

why would a devs want to give up 30% of their revenue when they could keep 100% by just not putting it on the app store? I present to you all CYDIA FOR THE MAC. ITS GONNA HAPPEN...

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

What are some of you guys smoking? The Mac App Store will simply be another outlet for devs to get their cool iPhone and iPad apps to the Mac. Myself and others would love to have some of the iDevice apps on their Macs. Now it will happen and most likely be cheaper than retail software. Of course your current software will work and install just like now. Do you really think they would limit your personal computer to just app store apps and render all of your current software useless? Come on! And a Cydia store for the Mac? Really? What for? It's not like the iPhone where your only choice of apps is from the app store.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

As long as I can download torrents and Limew*re, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkenstein909 View Post
    why would a devs want to give up 30% of their revenue when they could keep 100% by just not putting it on the app store? I present to you all CYDIA FOR THE MAC. ITS GONNA HAPPEN...
    Because it will sell more in the App Store as more people will find the program easily and not have to worry about compatibility when searching on the web.
    There's no need for Cydia on Mac, it's not a closed platform and Steve Jobs said it's just another way to get programs.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 10-21-2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think it'll be good for devs. Like others have already stated, searching for Mac programs will now be easier. No more searching for "alternative programs on Mac". As far as the revenue goes, Apple will make more money this way. I also see devs charging more apps now though to make up the 30% apple fee. We'll just have to wait & see.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    As far as the revenue goes, Apple will make more money this way. I also see devs charging more apps now though to make up the 30% apple fee.
    WHY HQVENT ANY OF YOU ASKED THIS:
    will we have to keep buying the same apps for each Mac product we own? I buy an app on iPhone 4 for 5$ then on iPad for 12.00 now on apple tv for 15.00 then on the iMac for 20.00 and finally on MacBook pro for 22.00...

I'm not down with that! I know it's resized for the screens and what not, I'm not an idiot. I know these brilliant devs work hard on it. But in the end spending $60 on plants vs Zombies will be sucky!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

It'll definitely be better promotion for developers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBojank View Post
    No. Jobs specifically said during the presentation that this won't be the only way to get apps, it's just another way.
    Was hoping this was the case
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkenstein909 View Post
    I present to you the system that would probably be more popular than Cydia. The current one!! Why are you acting like Macs will be jailed? Anyway, the most money will probably be in the App Store since it will have more attention than some random website (not to mention you can probably just use iTunes cards on the App Store). People just aren't going to use Cydia for the Mac because one: Saurik isn't starting that ****. And two: Macs aren't jailed, so Cydia won't be popular because it's totally unnecessary. Cydia's servers are already packed to the point to where it can't save my SSH. How would Jay have enough server power for "50 million" more devices?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12