+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Kicks off Back to Mac with iPhoto Update

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Kicks off Back to Mac with iPhoto Update

Following a warm reception from media members gathered at Apple's Cupertino campus (probably because of the tasty breakfast the entire audience was served on their way into the auditorium), Steve Jobs took the stage to show the Apple community what's next.

Shortly after Tim Cook was invited to share some self-congratulating data - "state of the Mac" - on the unprecedented growth of Macs, Apple's developer community (600,000 strong now), and the company as a whole, the presentation went on with the business at hand.

First off, iLife - "widely regarded as the best suite of digital lifestyle apps in the world" - is getting an update, usually a 12 to 24 month occurrence for the software. But the latest improvements look to be the sweetest of them all. With a wealth of new bells and whistles (new full screen modes, Facebook enhancements, emailing photos, new sideshows, and big leap in books), the iPhoto tweaks seemingly earned their rightful place at the top of the ticket at today's event - particularly with the impressive demonstration and freshly unveiled new sideshow themes that accompanied the announcement.

With an obvious greater and new-found emphasis on the social aspects of photo-journaling, the iPhoto demonstration at today's event showcased the "intelligence" of the update and how our most personal multimedia experiences will be embellished, preserved, printed, and shared in an entirely new way. On multiple occasions during the iPhoto demo, it was noted (by both Phil and Steve) that it's never before been easier and faster to email photos and share experiences within the social networking sphere.

"So we've taken iPhoto and broadened the full screen mode," says Jobs. "We've taken books up a notch, and these letterpress cards... we're really excited about these new features. And that's iPhoto 11."

iLife 11 is available today ($49 upgrade and free with the purchase of a new Mac.

iPhoto í11 features stunning new full screen modes that take advantage of your Macís brilliant display for browsing, editing and showcasing your photos. Sharing your photos is easier than ever in iPhoto í11, whether you send them by email using one of eight beautiful themes, post them to your Facebook wall with a single click, or play them in full screen with one of 12 professionally designed slideshows. iPhoto '11 features a completely new approach to creating books and cards with a sleek carousel interface, intelligent book layout and a bookshelf that displays all your projects. New letterpress cards let you combine your photos and text with elegant imprinted designs to create unique wedding invitations, birth announcements, holiday greetings and more.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 10-20-2010 at 11:51 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow how exciting... lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Thanks

And .............
    pain & time and glory

Thanks

I'm really liking ilife 11
    Last edited by moon#pie; 10-20-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Sigh, who let Messany do the live coverage?
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Thanks

lmao @ reanimationxp. I can't wait to get my hands on iphoto '11. I've always loved how easy iPhoto along with the facebook plugin, make it to upload photos. And by them enabling iphoto to pull your photo albums from facebook, makes it even easier to manage the albums.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    lmao @ reanimationxp. I can't wait to get my hands on iphoto '11. I've always loved how easy iPhoto along with the facebook plugin, make it to upload photos. And by them enabling iphoto to pull your photo albums from facebook, makes it even easier to manage the albums.
    Yes: some of the FB management stuff is awkward.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WHAT! I got a Mac less than 30 days ago.... man i should of wait free "11 iLife...
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought my iMac on Sept. 24...I called Apple last night and now I don't have any other choice but to buy iLife for $49...which I already did...I can't wait for it to get here!
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

Thanks

I just tried out iphoto 11'. when I saw them demo it, I thought that I really didn't like it. But now that I'm using it, it's quite awesome!

Twitter: @tshoults