+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSuppli Doesn't Go with the Apple Forecast Flow

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default iSuppli Doesn't Go with the Apple Forecast Flow

Following the report yesterday of Apple's $20 billion quarter, many Wall Street analysts are tempering future sales predictions for the company because - let's face it - sales will likely slow a little after the massive wave of initial enthusiasm and consumer interest in the wake of the iPhone 4's release.

Not all well-known forecasters are scaling back their sales predictions, however. iSuppli has put forward what has become a very high profile example of a contrary forecast. The folks at iSuppli have upped their 2011 shipment forecast for Apple to 43.7 million units (that's up from 36.5 million). iSuppli is basing its estimates on the popularity of the iPad, which will be a huge holiday seller and a popular buy throughout 2011.

iSuppli's latest forecast bonanza also brings an expansion to its 2012 outlook for Apple to 63.3 million units, up from 50.4 million previously forecast. “In its previous iPad forecasts, iSuppli noted that the only constraint on shipment growth now is production—and not demand,” said Rhoda Alexander, director of monitor research for iSuppli. “The only factor limiting production is the availability of key iPad components, such as the Field Fringe Switching (FFS) LCD panels, projected capacitive touch screens and NAND flash. Despite ongoing yield issues, Apple's suppliers have steadily increased monthly production to meet Apple's demand. Production rates are now on target to meet the expected strong fourth-quarter sales.”

iSuppli

Green Apple
    Thanks

"sales will likely slow a little after the massive wave of initial enthusiasm"

Thought they slowed after antennaegate

Thanks

I think theyre taking into account all the addtional places now selling the ipad so that applw can finally keep up with demand and the goddamn FACT THE IPHONE IS COMING TO VERIZON IN JANUARY(/february)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

nice to hear other companies profiting off of apple and helping the economy or should i say the American economy, who's pulling the whole world down.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Thanks

So Apple is single-handedly preventing the US economy from slipping into the crapper?