Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: TweetDeck Chief Responds to Steve Jobs' Jabs

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,820
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

    Default TweetDeck Chief Responds to Steve Jobs' Jabs



    On Monday, Apple wowed the investment world yet again,announcing an astonishing and record earnings report of better than $20 billion. The impressive numbers come as a result of Apple's still-soaring iPhone sales, which topped 14 million units sold for the quarter. Similar success was in store for Macs, which sold 3.89 million units during the same three-month time frame - the best quarter on record for Mac sales.

    During Monday's quarterly earnings call, however, the real story soon shifted from the staggering figures announced to Steve Jobs' surprise appearance on the call. Why did Apple's CEO turn up? To discuss many things on the minds of Apple fans and critics. As Paul covered yesterday, Jobs debunked reports of a 7-inch iPad. But it was the executive's tough words for Google and RIM that are seeing the most fallout today.

    Referencing the iPhone, Jobs said that "it handily beat RIM's 12.1 million Blackberries sold in their last quarter. We've now passed RIM. I don't see them catching up with us in the foreseeable future. It will be a challenge for them to create a mobile software platform and convince developers to support a third platform."

    With regard to Google and the success of Android, Jobs said: "Unfortunately there's no solid data on how many Android phones are shipped each quarter. We hope manufacturers will start reporting it, but it's not the case now."

    Taking a shot at Android fragmentation, Jobs was certain to point out what he perceives to be a major platform shortcoming. "Compare this to iPhone where every handset works the same. Twitter client TwitterDeck (he meant TweetDeck) recently launched their Android app, and had to contend with 100 different versions of software on 244 different handsets. That's a daunting challenge."

    On Tuesday, Iain Dodsworth, CEO of TweetDeck, took to Twitter (I guess we should have seen that coming) to rebuff Jobs' comments. Dodswoth's claim? Android fragmentation isn't a big deal. "Did we at any point say it was a nightmare developing on Android?" Dodsworth asked via Twitter. "Err nope, no we didn't. It wasn't. WE only have 2 guys developing on Android TweetDeck so that shows how small an issue fragmentation is."

    While there are also unconfirmed reports of Google executives similarly firing back, we'll wait to confirm those comments before sharing any other angry words that may be directed at Steve Jobs. Stay tuned.

    Twitter
    TechCrunch

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 71 Times in 57 Posts

    Dum dum duuuuuuum! The war of words begins!

    Oh yeah, how could I forget to be a douche and post how I was first! I'm so stupid...
    Last edited by luvmytj; 10-19-2010 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    While there are also unconfirmed reports of Google executives similarly firing back, we'll wait to confirm those comments before sharing any other angry words that may be directed at Steve Jobs. Stay tuned.
    Why? Wait for what? Why break from the norm of "reporting" the unconfirmed? Are Google executives not worthy?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

    mortopher (10-19-2010)

  5. #4
    I'm a long time fan of Apple products, but seriously...is Steve losing his mind?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by robisaks View Post
    I'm a long time fan of Apple products, but seriously...is Steve losing his mind?
    Lol possibly

  7. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Why? Wait for what? Why break from the norm of "reporting" the unconfirmed? Are Google executives not worthy?
    Hay it is good enough for Jobs, did Jobs confirm how hard it is to work on Android with TweetDeck?
    Jobs is losing his mind because he is losing ground.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by robisaks View Post
    I'm a long time fan of Apple products, but seriously...is Steve losing his mind?
    He's stirring up the competition because they're obviously boring him.

  9. #8
    Steve jobs had the guts that no other CEO would do say, how their product is better than the competitions, which it is

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
    Steve jobs had the guts that no other CEO would do say, how their product is better than the competitions, which it is
    Really. No other CEO claims that their product is better than a competitor's. What world did you say you lived in?

  11. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    What is Job doing there? is he showing off? Does he feel bad for tweetdeck or is he just an A=hole

  12. #11
    He just has balls and being straight up about it. You really think Steve jobs gives a dam Wa they say about him? Come on now... People may lie but numbers don't. He's too good for this.

  13. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 87 Times in 71 Posts

    If he is being straight up then he would not lie about tweetdeck.

  14. #13
    Modifications are problem with Android. That's why so many phones cannot be updated to the latest Android OS until the carrier puts their mods on them. Quite frustrating sometimes.

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
    Steve jobs had the guts that no other CEO would do say, how their product is better than the competitions, which it is
    Better has become questionable NOW and as for the future, I think Google scares the pants off Apple and Jobs.

    Android is a very very real threat and with the powerhouse creative engine Google has Apple has every right to be scared to death. The only thing that will save Apple is that Google has yet to become a hardware company themselves so if there's any competitive failure it will be the result of the hardware not the software.

  16. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts

    Hahaha! Look at all the Android fanboys sticking up for their Droids! They're all intimidated by Steve's speech and are "firing back" with lame things like "google is apple's worst fear!" That's pretty weak. Oh well it's not going to change the fact that people choose the iPhone over a Droid. After all, it's a fact!
     Think Different.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    Hahaha! Look at all the Android fanboys sticking up for their Droids! They're all intimidated by Steve's speech and are "firing back" with lame things like "google is apple's worst fear!" That's pretty weak. Oh well it's not going to change the fact that people choose the iPhone over a Droid. After all, it's a fact!
    Are you just stupid or mentally challenged?

  18. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by robisaks View Post
    I'm a long time fan of Apple products, but seriously...is Steve losing his mind?
    I disagree, The Android market is a slew of different phones and OS therefore making it harder to dev for. Apple on the other hand only has 10 or so very similar devices all with the same OS (with minor changes).

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    Hahaha! Look at all the Android fanboys sticking up for their Droids! They're all intimidated by Steve's speech and are "firing back" with lame things like "google is apple's worst fear!" That's pretty weak. Oh well it's not going to change the fact that people choose the iPhone over a Droid. After all, it's a fact!
    Hahaha! Look at this Apple fanboy sticking up for his pimp! He's just intimidated by the fact that many are quick to point out Apple's flaws and is "firing back" with lame things like "android fanboys..are..pretty weak." That's pretty weak. Oh well, although many people choose the iPhone over a Droid, Steve Jobs is still a douche bag and will go out of his way to prevent us from using the things we purchase the way we want. After all, it's a fact!

  20. #19
    Ahhh...this is a conference call for investors. Jobs wants investors to buy and keep buying stock. Higher stock price=richer Steve Jobs!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •