+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Former Apple Chief Calls Being CEO a "Mistake"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apparently Jobs would recruit people, then ridicule and belittle them (who would have thought??). He then bought a failing animation company called Pixar. I think their first major project under
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apparently Jobs would recruit people, then ridicule and belittle them (who would have thought??). He then bought a failing animation company called Pixar. I think their first major project under his leadership was Toy Story, which did very well in the box offices. Disney bought Pixar from him to the tune of ~$200M in Disney stock, if I remember right. He's the largest individual share holder in Disney which gives him the right to be on Disney's board.

When Apple bought neXT, he became interim CEO and was paid the huge salary of $1 per year. Apple kept him as CEO and he's still being paid the huge sum of $1 per year. I'm pretty sure he gets paid huge on bonuses based on Apple's performance, which unless you're living under a rock and don't know, has been unbelievable.
    Anyways, getting pushed out from Apple was probably the best thing that happened to him. He now keeps his upper minions close and treats them well. He's back where he belongs and is doing very well for Apple...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

He gets stocks and other items from Apple. That is how he gets "paid". The 1$ salary is just there. Sure he can use the Apple's private jet and helicopter anytime he wants.

It has been known with all the things written and interviews that Jobs wants perfection. Many people say that he can be very strict but at the same time inspires them to put the best they have into what they do. Another words he is pushing people hard to do their best in order for the best vision of the product.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Note all iPhone users modmyi has now an app I dnt know how apple would let us have this app but am glad thank u for all the info and help u have provided

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

this is cool, lot of history behind Steve Jobs im interested in knowing
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mohaas05 View Post
    While Jobs was a persuasive and charismatic director for Apple, some of his employees from that time had described him as an erratic and temperamental manager.
    What's changed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Prophet View Post
    he was tearing that company apart with the 'Macintosh vs. Apple II' feud, Steve Woz left the company because of it. Has no one here watched 'Pirates of Silicon Valley'? or even researched Apple online?
    Pirates of silicone valley, epic movie, deserves much more fame then it actually has, should have won oscars in my opinion :P

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tony604 View Post
    Apparently Jobs would recruit people, then ridicule and belittle them (who would have thought??). He then bought a failing animation company called Pixar. I think their first major project under his leadership was Toy Story, which did very well in the box offices. Disney bought Pixar from him to the tune of ~$200M in Disney stock, if I remember right. He's the largest individual share holder in Disney which gives him the right to be on Disney's board.

When Apple bought neXT, he became interim CEO and was paid the huge salary of $1 per year. Apple kept him as CEO and he's still being paid the huge sum of $1 per year. I'm pretty sure he gets paid huge on bonuses based on Apple's performance, which unless you're living under a rock and don't know, has been unbelievable.
    Anyways, getting pushed out from Apple was probably the best thing that happened to him. He now keeps his upper minions close and treats them well. He's back where he belongs and is doing very well for Apple...
    A lot of "apparently's" and "I think" there. ACTUALLY, Jobs founded from scratch NeXT in 1986 and over saw the development of a new Unix based computer OS. After 10 years of development and a small release of workstations, it was noticed by Apple who went onto acquire NeXT in 1996 in the search of a new OS, and it's CEO, Steve Jobs along with it.

Pixar actually did CGI work on many of the Star Wars movies before Toy Story. The struggle with Sculley was one of dominance because Jobs made him look incompetent, so Sculley had to force him out to save face. Jobs gave up in frustration after the board sided with Sculley. That move almost pushed Apple into bankruptcy. Microsoft actually bailed Apple out and saved it from going under. They were considering a merger.

All the best innovators have an eccentricity about them. Where would the car industry be without Henry Ford? He was manic too.

Jobs actually receives most of his Apple money from the dividends of all the stock he owns. All CEO's should be paid this way, not like the US banking system where they screw the system, the taxpayer and then pay themselves huge bonuses.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 10-15-2010 at 06:55 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakofsociety View Post
    What's changed?

The stock price. The day he left the stock was at 15.25 per share. As of 9:13 AM PST the stock price is at 309.13.

I think he can be a total a**hole if he wants as long as the price of the company keeps climbing.
    Last edited by StevenB; 10-15-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: edited the badword

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone who doesn't know Steve Jobs got fired or just anyone should watch the movie Pirates of Silicone Valley.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    Anyone who doesn't know Steve Jobs got fired or just anyone should watch the movie Pirates of Silicone Valley.
    Or read the book

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    Never let the truth get in the way of Hollywood creative license.

(From Wiki) Sculley relieved Jobs of his duties as head of the Macintosh division. Apple's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) John Sculley ousted Jobs from his day-to-day role at Apple, replacing him with Jean-Louis Gassée in 1985. Later that year, Jobs began a power struggle to regain control of the company. The board of directors sided with Sculley while Jobs took a business visit to Western Europe and the Soviet Union on behalf of Apple
    After several months of being sidelined at Apple, Jobs resigned on Friday, September 13, 1985. He told the board he was leaving to set up a new computer company, and that he would be taking several Apple employees from the SuperMicro division with him.
    Anything else is just a good story. Don't believe everything you see on TV. Read a bio on Jobs, then get back to me!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Bloomberg is re-airing their profile of Steve Jobs tonight. You can also find the episode on their website.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/63722844/

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve Jobs with a Power Balance Bracelet?
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Bloomberg is re-airing their profile of Steve Jobs tonight. You can also find the episode on their website.

Bloomberg Game Changers: Steve Jobs - Video - Bloomberg
    That video was interesting.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12