Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Shares Top $300 For The First Time

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Shares Top $300 For The First Time

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Today, shares of Apple exceeded $300 per share for the first time in company history. In recent months, the surge in Apple stock has ignited tech stocks overall as the market continues to roar back from an economic downturn that - despite being far from over - has recovered substantially from the depths of the Dow in Spring 2009.

During the May 2010 "flash crash" when stocks plummeted some 1000 points in a matter of minutes, shares of Apple briefly traded $200. Now trading above $300, many investors who bought the year's low in Apple stock are now sitting pretty. Even investors who came late to the party are still enjoying a substantial return on profit, as shares of Apple have risen better than 25% just since late summer.

According to Market Watch, Apple’s stock is up more than 42%, on the year "mostly due to what analysts see as the potential for growth from the iPad and the iPhone 4 handset." And as more and more financial institutions (like Barclays, which MMi covered this week) forecast Apple stock to reach close to or above $400 per share, many investors are taking a fresh look at today's all-time high and evaluating the stock to still be relatively "cheap."

Market Watch
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 10-13-2010 at 03:12 PM.

First! (who cares)

This is awsome for Apple (insert sarcasm) now Steve is richer and can control the User-End experience of a product. Hello skynet!

lol i told my dad to buy stocks of apple, around December when when the roomers of the ipad came out, he didnt listen

We knew it would happen sooner or later, with their growth maybe I should buy a few stocks myself

Quote Originally Posted by chrodriguezmarydown View Post
    First! (who cares)
    Apparently, you do
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

5. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

chrodriguezmarydown (10-17-2010)

Yeah I wish I had bought a couple hundred shares at a couple bucks a pop :-)

...and now for my sob story:

In approximately February of 2007 I bought 3 shares of AAPL at $95. I was new and interested in the stock market but didn't want to go all crazy so I just tried with those $300. The stock dropped to $90 per share a few days later and I spooked and sold it. After that I found out my company was heading south (mortgage industry) so I couldn't afford to frivolously play the stock market. Had I kept it I would've had a 300% ROI...oh well, c'est la vie.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post

In approximately February of 2007 I bought 3 shares of AAPL at $95. I was new and interested in the stock market but didn't want to go all crazy so I just tried with those $300. The stock dropped to $90 per share a few days later and I spooked and sold it. After that I found out my company was heading south (mortgage industry) so I couldn't afford to frivolously play the stock market. Had I kept it I would've had a 300% ROI...oh well, c'est la vie.
    If the stock market was easy to read we'd all be rich. Hate when when stuff like that happens
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Quote Originally Posted by chrodriguezmarydown View Post
    First! (who cares)

This is awsome for Apple (insert sarcasm) now Steve is richer and can control the User-End experience of a product. Hello skynet!
    Steve's salary is $1

Here's one of the trustworthy sources: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...m-1232618.html
    Last edited by hackint0uch; 10-13-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added source

Banned
    Thanks

And to think the stock was less than 20 bucks in the 90's, ready to go under. Lazarus with a bionic heart or what?

Quote Originally Posted by StevenB View Post

You sold Apple stock a few days later?! Stock like Apple's is one to keep for longer than a few days unless you got big money to play it. Which means more than just 3 shares. To bad to because just shortly after you bought said stocks iPhone was introduced.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Hehe hello to my original 10,000$ into apple back at 200 per share =D

apple $300 for 1 share, I better buy nokia($11.25 by 10/13/2010) for $300 I can get 26.67 share, and we'll see what happen in next 3 month...

Quote Originally Posted by hackint0uch View Post
    Steve's salary is $1

Here's one of the trustworthy sources: Steve Jobs banks his $1 salary, loses $500m - News, Gadgets & Tech - The Independent
    What exactly is your point with that post?

1. He takes a $1 salary not out of the goodness of his heart. He takes it because he then does not have to pay out taxes on a big CEO salary.
    2. He owns over five million shares of Apple stock based on that article. The guy has a potential fortune in stock market value.
    3. He also owns almost half of all Disney stock.
    4. The stock is now worth over $300 a share. From that article the stock was around $91 a share. Which means Steve still has those shares and they are worth $209 more than when that article was posted in Jan of 2009.

So I ask again, what was the point of your post?
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I missed that train...