+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Sneak Peek Next Week

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by jaminmc Or do like many PC users do, and don't upgrade the OS! I still prefer Windows XP over Vista or Win 7 any day.. Vista was
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaminmc View Post
    Or do like many PC users do, and don't upgrade the OS!

I still prefer Windows XP over Vista or Win 7 any day.. Vista was nothing but a bloated piece of crap update.

And people wonder why Apple is doing so well. At least with Apple, the OS's get better, and Stable.
    Have you actually used windows 7 though cuz it is freakin awesome its like xp and its awesomeness mixed with a better interface than vista so it looks beautiful but also works even better than xp. the new status bar or dock i guess is what it is now is just awesome and the snap feature is just what i needed! but i still prefer mac cuz OS X only gets better unlike windows, xp>vista<7
    Last edited by Antman217; 10-13-2010 at 08:55 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Apple would never do that and everyone knows why.

Now it would be cool to have an "appstore" for macs where you could easily find "apple approved" applications and have an easy payment method, but not be limited to choosing from them only.
    You'd think they'd never do that for obvious reasons, but then again Apple did create a "tablet pc" and restricted everything that you could put on it. With Steve Jobs the Control Freak behind it all, you never know what Big Brother control methods they'll add to it.

Also, I don't think I'd like an "AppStore" for the Macs, esp if Apple puts their silly restrictions on the apps, like not being able to modify backlight levels and crap.

(BTW, awesome signature.)
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer."

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc."

Big difference between MAC and Mac, you wouldn't be reading this online right now if your computer didn't have a MAC address.
    MAC Address: [email protected]
    is that right?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of the people saying "whatever they make I will buy" are the same people that get up in arms about being called fanboys. Just saying...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

lightmaster (10-14-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm like f**k it...I'll download the pirated version and try it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jf907079 View Post
    I'm like f**k it...I'll download the pirated version and try it anyway.
    And that is one of the reasons OS's and software cost so much, because too may people pirate it so the devs don't make enough money off the people who buy it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (10-14-2010)

Thanks

Who cares! I'm just thinking shall I return my iMac I just brought?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotTips View Post
    It never FREED UP SPACE on your computer man... If just calculates the file size differently. You've always been used to that standard computer hard drive space calculation... Now, with snow leopard, they've changed it to base 10.

Instead of 1024kb = 1mb
    Its now:
    1,000kb=1mb

When you do that, there will be a little bit extra left on ever mb that gets "carried over to the next mb," at least from what you are used to.

Look at your files though. All of your files just got a lot bigger, mathematically. A FAT32 hard drive can hold single files up to 4.3GB now with Snow Leopard.

It's so screwy, and I don't like it. It's about the same as if the US Government just all of the sudden changed everything to the metric system here in the US... Yes, it makes more sense, no we won't like it right away or accept it entirely.

When I installed Snow Leopard, I "gained" 9GB space on my drive. However, I was also using more space now too, because all of the files I had on their already, just got a bit "bigger."
    ummmm. snow leopard was 5GB smaller in size than leopard. that' what he's talking about.

Twitter: @tshoults

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

greeneyes5066 (10-18-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotTips View Post
    It never FREED UP SPACE on your computer man... If just calculates the file size differently. You've always been used to that standard computer hard drive space calculation... Now, with snow leopard, they've changed it to base 10.

Instead of 1024kb = 1mb
    Its now:
    1,000kb=1mb

When you do that, there will be a little bit extra left on ever mb that gets "carried over to the next mb," at least from what you are used to.

Look at your files though. All of your files just got a lot bigger, mathematically. A FAT32 hard drive can hold single files up to 4.3GB now with Snow Leopard.

It's so screwy, and I don't like it. It's about the same as if the US Government just all of the sudden changed everything to the metric system here in the US... Yes, it makes more sense, no we won't like it right away or accept it entirely.

When I installed Snow Leopard, I "gained" 9GB space on my drive. However, I was also using more space now too, because all of the files I had on their already, just got a bit "bigger."
    Fail!

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    What's next panther or maybe cougar. Apple always has stupid names. Now there king of the jungle.
    They already had panther: 10.3
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer."

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc."

Big difference between MAC and Mac, you wouldn't be reading this online right now if your computer didn't have a MAC address.
    LMAO

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone think the MacBook Pro 17" will get refreshed with this announcement?

Thanks

it got refreshed in april, so I doubt it.

Twitter: @tshoults

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    it got refreshed in april, so I doubt it.
    That's what I am hoping, since my new one was just delivered today! Sold my previous pre-unibody 17" MBP, and order was placed for this one last week. Shipped direct from China, and was delivered at my home this afternoon - waiting to get hope and set it up. Interestingly, sold my old one to a friend in China, so the two probably crossed paths en route!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Have you actually used windows 7 though cuz it is freakin awesome its like xp and its awesomeness mixed with a better interface than vista so it looks beautiful but also works even better than xp. the new status bar or dock i guess is what it is now is just awesome and the snap feature is just what i needed! but i still prefer mac cuz OS X only gets better unlike windows, xp>vista
    So if 7 is better than XP and Vista, how does it not get better like OSX does? You make zero sense.
    HK-Z™ on Game Center

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Have you actually used windows 7 though cuz it is freakin awesome its like xp and its awesomeness mixed with a better interface than vista so it looks beautiful but also works even better than xp. the new status bar or dock i guess is what it is now is just awesome and the snap feature is just what i needed! but i still prefer mac cuz OS X only gets better unlike windows, xp>vista<7
    Uh...what? That doesn't make sense. How else does Windows 7 get better than their predecessors? New features, improvements, and stability fixes. Mac OS X upgrades do the same thing as Windows.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually I don't know how Apple could improve Mac OS X for a MacBook but maybe they could for the desktop.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123