+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Sneak Peek Next Week

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by hitman10 The app store sucks, now why would i want one on my macbook? Ill take a cydia though. because it's an easy place to find apps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    The app store sucks, now why would i want one on my macbook? Ill take a cydia though.
    because it's an easy place to find apps that work (for the most part anyway :/ ).

Twitter: @tshoults

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

What ever they come out with I'm going to want
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

Rob2G (10-13-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What's next panther or maybe cougar. Apple always has stupid names. Now there king of the jungle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vindutch For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (10-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

I wants osx Lion....mmmmm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Whatever new stuff they introduce will be instantly put on my Xmas wish list i'm sure.
    Lol... Doesn't gaurantee you would get it. What about all the new apple accessories ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Then you're living in the past. Windows 7 is much faster, has alot of awesome features, and is extremely stable (so was the free RC). You're contradicting yourself with the last line. Vista was crap because hardware manufacturers didn't do what they needed to for drivers, it had some problems of it's own, but 7 is a MASSIVE improvement. You need to upgrade to 7, XP is nowhere near as good all around and it's easy to buy an upgrade version and use it as a full install. Only reason to stay on XP is laziness or just doing it to say you did.
    Definitely. Windows 7 is a MUCH further step than XP to Vista.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay, a new OS unlike Snow Leopard which had no UI changes.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Yea but at least Snow Leopard was cheap because of that. It also removed some legacy stuff that isn't used on most current Macs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwin View Post
    I'm using Windows 7 right now and I absolutely love it. If you're not using it then don't make any judgments. It's been very stable for me and I prefer the user interface of Windows 7 over a MAC any day. (yes, I have used plenty MAC computers. Also, I have an iphone which is why i read this forum)
    I have a dual boot of Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.6.4 on my iMac. As much as I love the interface of Windows 7, Mac OS X just works better for me. And the one thing that has always absolutely amazed me about iDevices is syncing between OS X and iOS. Like syncing with iPhoto-Photos, Address Book-Contacts, Mail-Mail, iCal-Calendar. Or even how different applications work together on OS X. As opposed to on Windows where I have one application that manages both Mail and Contacts and doesn't help me with anything else I do and can't sync with my phone or iPod. Those who don't spend enough of their time on OS X would never understand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    What's next panther or maybe cougar. Apple always has stupid names. Now there king of the jungle.
    Ubuntu does the same thing with names. And Window's pre-release names are not all that great either.

OSX and Linux distros go through names more often than Windows because they release more versions.

Why is it Windows 7?

Nevermind. It is the 7th version of the NT.
    Last edited by Cer0; 10-13-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can't think, off the top of my head, of any UI changes that I want, except maybe the option for Apps to close completely when you click the red x, or how about custom docks in different spaces, that'd be handy

Thanks

There are plenty of tweaks to make custom docks. Or do you want a different dock for each space?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I was thinking different docks for each space

Edit: Seems it already exists http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ckchamelo.html

So thats me done, I dont need 10.7
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 10-13-2010 at 05:43 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Naw its probably gonna actually be huge because people actual think *cough* windows 7 is a decent *sh*tty* OS and there was so much advertising. I think this would be a good time for cloud iTunes as well as a cloud based Time machine! (I want that so bad)
    Windows 7 is fantastic as an OS. There are some bad things about it, and some great things about it, same as OS X. Either you've never used it, you've used it just long enough to confirm your massive bias that you had before you even tried it (most likely, made up stubborn minds aren't welcome to the truth and subjective reasoning), or you're trolling. (Or I misunderstood what you meant by *cough* and ********, but I don't think I did)

What's the advantage of a cloud based iTunes/Time Machine? I don't want to 'rent' my music so someone else can control it (unless I have a local working and DRM free copy), and I damn sure don't want Apple to come anywhere near a backup of my personal computer. There's no real use for it that I can see, and it would be so damn slow over current connections to the Internet country wide. I would be very uncomfortable with a third party having a copy of anything on my computer that I didn't send myself. Are you away from your local backup that often?
    HK-Z on Game Center

Green Apple
    Thanks

Windows 7 is fantastic, then Mac OS is ultra-fantastic! :-) Anyway, it's less about the OS now days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    Windows 7 is fantastic, then Mac OS is ultra-fantastic! :-) Anyway, it's less about the OS now days.
    Agreed. Both are wonderful. I just happen to like OSX better. Windows 7 is a great OS too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool!
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Thanks

I need ability for custom cursors on my mac. So bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Snow Leopard was a great upgrade as it actually created FREE SPACE on the HD. Also 10.5.8 is still great. However, I am on Dell Windows XP after all these years.
    It never FREED UP SPACE on your computer man... If just calculates the file size differently. You've always been used to that standard computer hard drive space calculation... Now, with snow leopard, they've changed it to base 10.

Instead of 1024kb = 1mb
    Its now:
    1,000kb=1mb

When you do that, there will be a little bit extra left on ever mb that gets "carried over to the next mb," at least from what you are used to.

Look at your files though. All of your files just got a lot bigger, mathematically. A FAT32 hard drive can hold single files up to 4.3GB now with Snow Leopard.

It's so screwy, and I don't like it. It's about the same as if the US Government just all of the sudden changed everything to the metric system here in the US... Yes, it makes more sense, no we won't like it right away or accept it entirely.

When I installed Snow Leopard, I "gained" 9GB space on my drive. However, I was also using more space now too, because all of the files I had on their already, just got a bit "bigger."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Snow 7 on iMac
    Snow leopard on macbooks

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi