Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Barclays Forecasts 150 Million FaceTime Enabled Devices

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Barclays Forecasts 150 Million FaceTime Enabled Devices

It seems like almost every financial institution is raising its price target on shares of Apple these days. Naturally, British bank Barclays Capital is no different and this morning they raised (once again) their price target on shares of Apple all the way up to $385 per share. The logic presented was analogous to the rationale cited by other banks which have similarly forecast a steady spike in the value of Apple stock: the company's products are strong, popular, and not going away any time soon.

Perhaps more interesting to most than the new price target for Apple stock is the estimation from Barclays that, within the next two years, Apple may have successfully constructed a network of FaceTime users that exceeds 150 million enabled FaceTime devices. "We are raising our estimates and target for Apple to reflect our view that the company is seeing strong demand not only for the iPad and the iPhone 4 but also for Macs and new iPods," wrote Barclays analyst Ben Reitzes. "Long-term, we are excited about Apple’s potential to grow via networked devices through FaceTime, which we expect to be enabled on all Apple devices over time."

Although it sounds futuristic and difficult to comprehend for many, Reitzes envisions a world where Apple's enormous fan base of college students ushers in an era where entire school communities campus-wide will communicate regularly via FaceTime for either social or academic purposes - if not both. "In [fiscal 2012]," writes Reitzes, "we see that figure jumping to an installed base of over 150 million FaceTime enabled devices, which could prove conservative if FaceTime is put in all iPads and all Macs."

Source: Wall Street Journal

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

That's a lot of Face Time!!
    El Zurdo

If this is the case, the iPhone NEEDS to be on more carriers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    If this is the case, the iPhone NEEDS to be on more carriers!!
    Not really since you use it via wifi. Since its wifi, the new gen iPod touch also does facetime via wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Not really since you use it via wifi. Since its wifi, the new gen iPod touch also does facetime via wifi.
    That is if it will still be on wifi only by then! (which I doubt)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if its jailbroken u can download my 3g so u can facetime without wifi

Quote Originally Posted by rreed410 View Post
    if its jailbroken u can download my 3g so u can facetime without wifi
    Yea, that's true, but have you tried FaceTime over 3G it's pretty ******.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post
    yea it sucks even with full bars, the call always get frozen on me
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

There's no Facetime in ip4 sold by the Official carriers in the Middle East. Apple blocked it and you can't even see the ON/OF Facetime menu in the settings. Worst thing is, Apple didn't even release an official statement about it.

I cant say that I agree to that. I am in South Florida. The 3g is FAST here and facetime works very well most of the time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbarielmoreno View Post
    When it freezes press the home button and then return to the call.. But use FaceBreak from Cydia the other things don't work as well