+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Considering Lounge Concept for Retail Outlets

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Let's face it. If not for the coffee shops and cozy reading lounges within some of the world's biggest book retailers, many of us would spend a lot less time
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple Considering Lounge Concept for Retail Outlets

Let's face it. If not for the coffee shops and cozy reading lounges within some of the world's biggest book retailers, many of us would spend a lot less time in those locations reading books. For this reason it makes sense that Apple is said to be considering a comparable "lounge" concept for some of its retail locations.

Given that Microsoft's retail store in Mission Viejo, California has seen great success with its "lounge" concept, it's easy to understand why Apple would seek to openly mimic a popular staple in modern retail comforts. And according to Gary Allen at ifo Apple Store, the first Apple Store lounge will be found at Apple's soon to open store at St. Louis Galleria - the largest Apple Store in the US that's located inside a shopping mall. Other features of the addition will include a "permanent kiosk" that enables customers to check in to Genius Bar appointments.

"According to mall observers, Starbucks is soon moving its coffee sales operation to the second floor, outside the entrance to the Nordstrom store that opens in September 2011," Allen noted in his article. "Apple will then reportedly occupy the 592 square-feet permanent kiosk as a Genius Bar check-in space, Wi-Fi lounge and/or training space. Employees at the current mini-store frequently use the mall hallway for training sessions because of the limited interior space of the mini-store."

The Apple Store in question will occupy better than 6,000 square-feet and present a 55-foot wide storefront.

ifo Apple Store

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is good.......
    I think
    I don't think it'll make a lot of diff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, wifi and Starbucks.That's all I need.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Can we get your articles banned from the front page?

With as excessively annoying as the typical apple store employee is, I wouldn't enjoy this one bit. Hell, nowadays I don't go into one unless I know exactly what I'm going for. Helpful employees? Yes! Annoying fake hipster attitude on each employee? Ugh, yes! I know what an iphone is capable of and how to backup my hard drive, go back to listening to u2, Dax.
    Last edited by mortopher; 10-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (10-11-2010)

Thanks

UM EXCUSE ME SIR YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE THAT COFFEE OUTSIDE NO DRINKS IN THE STORE

Cause that's all we need--MORE hipsters in the Apple Store. Ah well; hipsters gonna hip. As long as I can still play with Apple's fine toys

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    I've seen MUCH worse from other people. Besides, this is one of the few articles as of late that's actually interested me.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 10-08-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I've seen MUCH worse from other people. Besides, this is one of the few articles as of late that's actually interested me.
    IMHO the front page should be dedicated to strictly fact based articles.

I understand this will never happen as Cody and Kyle are more concerned with increasing click counts and visits (just like every large site).

Thanks

I understand this will never happen as Cody and Kyle are more concerned with increasing click counts and visits (just like every large site).
    Click counts = article views = people interested in articles = people who enjoy reading on the site = people who keep coming back for more news = go away.

It's not like they've got 20 articles an hour rolling in and you have to sift through them. Read what you want, and not what you don't. The only articles that irritate me are the ones whose headlines make you say "REALLY?? Gee imagine that!" (wow i was completely unaware the ipad was the best-selling tablet computer in the world right now not like it's THE ONLY ONE people have heard about)

Thanks

I never said there was anything wrong with their focus, they're running a business, it's their goal to attract as many visitors as possible.

Mess any just happens to be the source of an overwhelmingly large percentage of the rumor based articles on this site.

Thanks

Default Woo hoo!!
    That's the store I waited in line for 6 hours to get my iphone 4. (Not that anyone cares) So glad they are going to make it bigger. It is so tiny right now. You can barely get into the place most of the time. With the new store I might actually go once in a while.
    Eternia will be mine!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

MMi seem to be really behind recently.. all the stuff about the iPad dual dock, Apple moving against Spotify and this were on MacRumors website earlier.. c'mon guys
    Last edited by rajsukul; 10-08-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake :)
    What's the Number 1 iPhone 4 App Download.. A Public Phone Box Locator

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Back to topic.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

With as excessively annoying as the typical apple store employee is, I wouldn't enjoy this one bit. Hell, nowadays I don't go into one unless I know exactly what I'm going for. Helpful employees? Yes! Annoying fake hipster attitude on each employee? Ugh, yes! I know what an iphone is capable of and how to backup my hard drive, go back to listening to u2, Dax.
    How about we get you banned instead? This article was actually interesting to read. Only thing not interesting is you. Go away clown

Thanks

^^ It's called the ignore button.

EMH
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Wait a minute, tell me I'm reading this right- the St. Louis Galleria is getting a redesigned Apple store that has stuff that other ones don't? Since when do we actually get anything new here? Anyway, that's great news. I'll be sure to check it out when it gets finished.

SnR
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyrob2g View Post
    Apple, wifi and Starbucks.That's all I need.
    agreed.

Thanks

Don't be an ***!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi