Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shortages Bolster "Mini-MacBook Air" Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    The pic is misleading because they slimmed it down proportionally with the screen size. When closed, it wouldn't be much, if any, thinner. It may even be slightly thicker than the current MBA due to having less are to spread the components around. It will still be a LOT more portable.
    That's a good point. When I go back to look at it I notice that they slimmed the keyboard down along with it - plausible, but not probable for Apple (in my honest opinion). It seems they always think highly of their keyboards.

On a side note, what do you need a tank bag for? I carry my MacBook in my backpack when I ride.

Default MacBook Pro
    What about 13" MacBook Pro refresh??? I hope it will be update before Christmas. Im waiting for it cause I dont want old C2D CPU.
    Last edited by fallnet; 10-08-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by f3nd3rmus1c View Post
    That's a good point. When I go back to look at it I notice that they slimmed the keyboard down along with it - plausible, but not probable for Apple (in my honest opinion). It seems they always think highly of their keyboards.

On a side note, what do you need a tank bag for? I carry my MacBook in my backpack when I ride.
    Really, personal preference, but here's why I prefer it:
    Motorcycle-specific backpacks cost lots of $$$ and normal backpacks are very hard to get on over a full jacket (backpack's straps get caught on all the jacket's buckles, armor, eleastic snaps, and adjuster straps), especially when loaded.

I do use my large backpack from time to time but many stores will not let me enter with it. The bike is my primary transportation, so that's important to me. I think they hesitate to say anything about the small tank bag because it'd be like demanding that a woman leave her purse with them (not gonna happen!). Also, I keep a tiny Timbuk2 "hidden backpack" in the tank bag in case I need extra room (double-thick wallet sized thing that unzips into a large shopping-bag sized backpack).

Ride safe, man.
    Last edited by CZroe; 10-11-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12