+ Reply
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Did Steve Say Apple TV Will Ship Next Week?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
According to a supposed email from Steve Jobs , Apple TVs will ship by the end of this month, despite multiple reports of delays. Currently the estimated time for shipping
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Union Square, Somerville, Mass.
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 995 Times in 401 Posts

    Default Did Steve Say Apple TV Will Ship Next Week?


    According to a supposed email from Steve Jobs, Apple TVs will ship by the end of this month, despite multiple reports of delays. Currently the estimated time for shipping new units is listed on the Apple Online Store as '2-3 weeks.' And furthermore, people who had paid for expedited shipping have reportedly gotten emails saying that the fee had been refunded, since they would be "unable to meet our delivery commitments. "Steve Jobs" emails are easily faked, but MacRumors says they checked out the email headers of the purported Steve Jobs email and they're confident that it's legit.

    AppleInsider had reported yesterday that Apple had sent emails to some customers who ordered the new Apple TV with expedited shipping, informing them that it is refunding the extra shipping charges due to an unspecified "delay" that would prevent them from getting the device out on schedule. "Our records indicate that when you placed your order you paid for upgraded shipping," the emails read. "Due to a delay, we may have not been able to meet our delivery commitment." The emails also promised that Apple had "processed a refund for the shipping charge on your order," suggesting that customers "contact your card-issuing bank for information on when the credit will be posted to your account."

    A MacRumors forum user emailed Steve Jobs asking about the delay. "Any update on shipment of your hobby project?" the user asked. "Looks like it will have to ship early next week for delivery before the end of this month." The reply was typical Steve Jobs:

    Yep.

    Sent from my iPhone
    It's not clear what the "yep" was supposed to mean. Jobs could be saying that Apple TVs would be shipped next week, or merely confirming the fact that, yep, they'd have to ship early next week if they were going to be delivered before the end of this month. Without providing any details, MacRumors writer Eric Slivka claimed that their "examination of the full headers of the email claimed to be from Jobs and the circumstances of this exchange lead us to believe that the messages are authentic."

    Source: MacRumors
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 09-25-2010 at 12:54 PM.

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts

    damn, I want one of those things, just to use netflix

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic adrian1480's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 55 Times in 38 Posts

    do people REALLY care?

    dq13, you don't have any other devices capable of putting Netflix on your television?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

    coolguy742 (09-27-2010)

  5. #4
    iPhoneaholic kmmxracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    damn, I want one of those things, just to use netflix
    Same with me. When will they be in Apple Stores??

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I want the new version for Netflix, as hate going to XBOX mode for NetFlix (pay another $$ for XBOX live just for nexflix to work) then back to ATV for my personal Movies and TV Shows, plus the idea that I can stop converting my TIVO to mp4 for my libarary and use avi than compress 35% better and save much HD space as have tons of series saved over past 8 year and the new iTV will play so many addtional formats. Was fearing this year have to buy another NAS do to space.

    Edit: I hope there will be Booxee and XBMC mod/flash!!!!! as like some of the addtional channels I get with them.

    MBCMDR
    Last edited by MBCMDR; 09-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.

  7. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    Same with me. When will they be in Apple Stores??
    Same here. I really wanna buy the new apple tv but don't wanna do the whole online order thing and wait for it to arrive 2-3weeks later.

    So am just waiting it out for them to go on sale at apple stores.

  8. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canada and Mexico
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just buy the dang thing cheapos

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    There are so many other ways to get Netflix on your TV even w/o paying. Xbox yes you have to pay for live, but you don't have to pay subscription for using a PS3, Wii, direct cable connection from your computer to TV, or even use your iPad or iPhone and run a video out cable to from it to your TV.

  10. #9
    iPhoneaholic kmmxracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 39 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bubby8ball View Post
    There are so many other ways to get Netflix on your TV even w/o paying. Xbox yes you have to pay for live, but you don't have to pay subscription for using a PS3, Wii, direct cable connection from your computer to TV, or even use your iPad or iPhone and run a video out cable to from it to your TV.
    I have done Netflix through both my computer and PS3 to my HD TV and the quality is just crap. My hope is that the Apple TV with it's promis of 720p streaming will give the quality I want.

  11. #10
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    ya idk about this whole apple tv bit, you have to pay to rent movies right? and i have a PS3, xobx 360, iPad and an iPhone so ya idk if its worth it.

  12. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I have done Netflix through both my computer and PS3 to my HD TV and the quality is just crap. My hope is that the Apple TV with it's promis of 720p streaming will give the quality I want.
    Hmmm. The quality sucks from your ps3 to HDTV for netflix? Sounds like you are doing something wrong. If you are going to buy an ATv just save the 100$ and put that towards a ps3 which is the best HD 1080p box entertainment system out there. Play games, hulu, netflix, with tversity installed on your pc the ps3 is hands down the best box out there. Also plays blu rays and blu ray 3d and normal DVD and all your music and videos from other pcs wireless and wired. Why even buy an ATV?

  13. #12
    What's Jailbreak? bevo6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpjunkie76 View Post
    Hmmm. The quality sucks from your ps3 to HDTV for netflix? Sounds like you are doing something wrong. If you are going to buy an ATv just save the 100$ and put that towards a ps3 which is the best HD 1080p box entertainment system out there. Play games, hulu, netflix, with tversity installed on your pc the ps3 is hands down the best box out there. Also plays blu rays and blu ray 3d and normal DVD and all your music and videos from other pcs wireless and wired. Why even buy an ATV?
    PS3 doesn't have the Apple logo, OK!

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpjunkie76 View Post
    Hmmm. The quality sucks from your ps3 to HDTV for netflix? Sounds like you are doing something wrong. If you are going to buy an ATv just save the 100$ and put that towards a ps3 which is the best HD 1080p box entertainment system out there. Play games, hulu, netflix, with tversity installed on your pc the ps3 is hands down the best box out there. Also plays blu rays and blu ray 3d and normal DVD and all your music and videos from other pcs wireless and wired. Why even buy an ATV?
    He's not doing anything wrong. He probably just has a slow internet connection. One of the great things about streaming Netflix is that the stream is adjusted for bandwidth on the fly so you don't have any interruptions of the video you're watching. In his case it sounds like Netflix is compensating for his slow connection by lowering the quality of the stream. At least he needn't wait for the video to buffer. Secondly, I watch Netflix on my Xbox, but it simply isn't practical to buy a PS3 or Xbox for each television you want to view Netflix on. The AppleTV sounds like a nice compromise of capability and price. Of course Roku sells boxes for even cheaper that offer the same output yet more features.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  15. #14
    What's Jailbreak? bevo6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    He's not doing anything wrong. He probably just has a slow internet connection. One of the great things about streaming Netflix is that the stream is adjusted for bandwidth on the fly so you don't have any interruptions of the video you're watching. In his case it sounds like Netflix is compensating for his slow connection by lowering the quality of the stream. At least he needn't wait for the video to buffer. Secondly, I watch Netflix on my Xbox, but it simply isn't practical to buy a PS3 or Xbox for each television you want to view Netflix on. The AppleTV sounds like a nice compromise of capability and price. Of course Roku sells boxes for even cheaper that offer the same output yet more features.
    But do the boxes have an Apple logo?

  16. #15
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    This thing is worthless until it's jailbroken.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  17. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    230
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    I don't know about you guys but I've tried the media center to xbox from my pc and it is crap. Listening to music from my phone. Watching my home made high def movies right from my phone with out the need for a cord ( eat that droidx and evo) and a whole ton of other crap that it can do... I don't know. I think it sounds pretty cool for 99 bucks

  18. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hi i wont to install cydia to my iphone 3gs

    i dont no how i can install
    Last edited by Sairihsan; 09-26-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Low rent, Low budget, Low quality 720P.
    Is it so hard to make it full HD so we can all enjoy it with or without high end video in our homes?
    I would love to buy one of these but whats the point if all the TV's are 1080P.
    I rather use my xbox360 to stream netflix and zune.

    On second thought Apple should release an iVHS with a black and white TV attached to it.
    It would be just as useful as this
    Last edited by rolandgabor; 09-26-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I've just been notified this evening that my AppleTv is on its way! It's coming FedEx from China and should be here by Wednesday (According to FedEx) or by Friday (According to Apple)
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts