+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Ordered to Play Nice by US Department of Justice

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Lol "self-enforcement" the doj is getting lazy but oh well Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol "self-enforcement" the doj is getting lazy but oh well

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Be Expressive View Post
    True
    False, next Microsoft my ***

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I seriously doubt any of those companies will actually completely stop doing this without some enforcement.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Umm, no, you've got it completely backwards. They were told that they cannot make deals with other companies that would PREVENT them from scouting out MVPs of other companies.
    Thank goodness, Roke. I was reading through this thread, and post after post by people who apparently learned to read individual words, but learned nothing of how to gather meaning from the way that they are arranged in sentences and paragraphs.

I hope that reading comprehension has not truly dropped to such a small percentage, though. If so, no wonder our republic is in such peril. :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

john.wood31 (09-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    A bit late, apple became the new Microsoft years ago and should have been warned years ago!
    I don't agree with that at all. Apple's game is with mobile devices, they will NEVER be the leader in computers...EVER! Mac's are the minority in the computer world, most people use and will always use Window based machines. The large success for Apple has simply been because of iPod and iPhone and now the stupidest product of them all...the iPad!

They are not replacing Microsoft lol.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. Apple's game is with mobile devices, they will NEVER be the leader in computers...EVER! Mac's are the minority in the computer world, most people use and will always use Window based machines. The large success for Apple has simply been because of iPod and iPhone and now the stupidest product of them all...the iPad!

I don't think he meant replacing them. Apparently there was some big control issues with Microsoft awhile ago. And I wouldn't really say the iPad is stupid. It's just an oversized iPod touch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

The stupidest things not the iPad, but whos bought the iPad...

Banned
    Thanks

As anyone in business knows, if you can't compete with your competitor, you try to stymie them or disrupt there work by going after key employees. It's less about improving your own business than pulling keystones out of your opponents. And why was it just a byline to say "oh 5 other companies were told to stop doing the same"? They all do it and by factor of numbers, google does it more than any other company and Apple were their main target. These secret agreements were made to stop the undermining of each other that had taken place. It was a cease fire in the war against poaching each others employees. Simple. If it continued, it would just make running a business long term, dysfunctional.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoooooooooooaaaaah there. No need to get overly excited. For now windows dominates computers, but it is not fair to say that it will ALWAYS control the market. I recently switched from a Windows 7 Computer to my 27" iMac and I am happier than I have ever been. And who calls the iPad stupid? I'm tired of these grudges against Apple. I love the iPad, and many people do. People say "It's just a big iPod Touch'." WELL THATS THE POINT. It is supposed to be a larger iPod Touch. You can see and do more with a larger screen.

And tell me, if it's so "stupid" then why has it created so much competition? People actually buy these things, and then other companies make their own version.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Be Expressive View Post
    Bad Apple
    This guy knows what he's talking about!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12