Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Named 42nd Richest American by Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    True!

Also, Jobs became instantly rich win he sold Pixar to Disney. I lot of people forget about that. The man created Pixar!

Being the brain behind creating Pixar, iDevices, and Macs is amazing

Disney, where's the Incredibles on Blu Ray
    He only created it in name. It was bought from George Lucas.

Thanks

steve jobs earns a $1???

Wait, one dollar a YEAR?! Even hourly would be below MINIMUM wage. This has to be a mistake. I like how bad of a job they did on that picture. Lol, he has a two dollar bill too (yes, I know those actually exist, I just thought it was weird).

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I had forgot he owned disney stocks, and i was confused when everyone in disneyworld had apple products

Actually, he barely beats out Warren Buffet. and I think he meant forbes list of richest people in the world, because a mexican phone company owner has that title.
    One very important thing that no one is noticing. Steve Jobs is # 42 on the list of richest Americans. Meaning he's probably less than the 100th richest people in the world. Bill Gates is the richest person in America. However, Carlos Slim Helu is the richest person in the world. He owns not just a phone company, but just about everything in Mexico- from cigarettes to soft drinks.

And I have heard several cases in which the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company only accepts 1$ every year. Same goes for the CEO of "Whole Foods."

What would be wrong with him only accepting 1$ every year? He probably doesn't even need to pay for much of anything. (Free iPhones and Cell Phone coverage anyways , not to mention computers and laptops ) With the amount of money he's already accumulated he doesn't exactly need much more to keep living. And he probably gets money from other sources as well.

yup, Carlos Slim Helu , richest man in the world. Yet most Mexicans are very, very poor. The guy owns TelCel and/or TelMex among other companies. I believe he got that rich when then president Carlos Salinas de Gotari privatized a lot of business in Mexico and sold most of it to Slim.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    One very important thing that no one is noticing. Steve Jobs is # 42 on the list of richest Americans. Meaning he's probably less than the 100th richest people in the world. Bill Gates is the richest person in America. However, Carlos Slim Helu is the richest person in the world. He owns not just a phone company, but just about everything in Mexico- from cigarettes to soft drinks.

And I have heard several cases in which the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company only accepts 1$ every year. Same goes for the CEO of "Whole Foods."

What would be wrong with him only accepting 1$ every year? He probably doesn't even need to pay for much of anything. (Free iPhones and Cell Phone coverage anyways , not to mention computers and laptops ) With the amount of money he's already accumulated he doesn't exactly need much more to keep living. And he probably gets money from other sources as well.
    Typically big company CEO's accept normal salaries but take the big bucks in stock options- it allows them to withdraw anytime they want with being able to live off the interest they make off the investments and only have to pay capital gain taxes- much lower than income tax I believe.

Ie: 100k salary and 150k in stock options= 250k/yr.

Thanks

I want some of his money.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Cool He might have lots of money. He is still a **** to people.
    Next year he will be Americas 41st biggest douche. Lets see if he gives all his money to charity like Bill Gates. I doubt it...!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    That is both sad and pathetic. Steve Jobs (and Steve Wozniak) founded Apple, the largest (by value) technology company in the world, yet neither is worth as much as Zuckerfukker? Facebook isn't worth anything at present. They haven't taken the company public. Facebook's value is determined by the same investors that have a huge stake in the valuation being high. That's dishonest and retarded. Steve's fortune is only as high as it is because he sold all his Apple stock when the company he built fired him. Someone should give him John Sculley's preserved head in a jar and a few more stock options. He's worth it.
    I've often been perplexed at how the value of Facebook is determined. I just don't see it being anywhere near what they claim it is. We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Actually, he barely beats out Warren Buffet.
    It's weird that you consider 9 billion dollars "barely."
    word

Damn Zuckerberg...now a movie.

When FB goes public, he could probably fuel retirement for his offspring for 5 generations or more. Or he could get a LOT of h**kers and bl*w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    Damn Zuckerberg...now a movie.

When FB goes public, he could probably fuel retirement for his offspring for 5 generations or more. Or he could get a LOT of h**kers and bl*w.
    It is going to be pretty interesting if/when Facebook does go public. I for one don't believe the claim of 500 million users at all. 500 million accounts is believable, but that's counting dead accounts, multiple accounts for the same user (their account, their companies account, etc.) and don't' forget the 200 million fake accounts set up for the obsessed farmville and mafia wars fans. I don't doubt that he will be rich enough to fund his offspring for many many generations to come, but $6 billion dollars seems like a major stretch without anyone seeing any type of financials from the company IMHO.

Default and
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    yup, Carlos Slim Helu , richest man in the world. Yet most Mexicans are very, very poor. The guy owns TelCel and/or TelMex among other companies. I believe he got that rich when then president Carlos Salinas de Gotari privatized a lot of business in Mexico and sold most of it to Slim.
    And he also owns compUSA, and Sears, and Volaris, stocks on newyork times and america movil and ..................

Well this fb guy must be whatever u want him to be but the truth is he started something from zero....just like Gates did and Jobs did, and besides he did it in a moment when computers world is so competitive and tons of ppl is doing amazing stuff on it......so whatever facebook shiet is, The Idea taken to where it is now is really an amazing achieve.

Not the slimīs case who made his fortune just cuz he was a really good friend with this mexican president Gortari who practically gifted to him the phone monopoly company in mexico. Just before he took mexico into one of the worst devaluation/crisis ever.
    Last edited by Quetzatcoatl; 09-24-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyfool88 View Post
    It's weird that you consider 9 billion dollars "barely."
    Actually he beats buffet by 6 billion. Carlos slim Helu is the one who barely beats gates.

1) Carlos Slim Helu-53.5 Billions
    2) Bill Gates - 53 Billion
    3)Warren Buffet - 47 Billion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzatcoatl View Post
    And he also owns compUSA, and Sears, and Volaris, stocks on newyork times and america movil and ..................

Well this fb guy must be whatever u want him to be but the truth is he started something from zero....just like Gates did and Jobs did, and besides he did it in a moment when computers world is so competitive and tons of ppl is doing amazing stuff on it......so whatever facebook shiet is, The Idea taken to where it is now is really an amazing achieve.

Not the slimīs case who made his fortune just cuz he was a really good friend with this mexican president Gortari who practically gifted to him the phone monopoly company in mexico. Just before he took mexico into one of the worst devaluation/crisis ever.
    Or he stole the idea and was forced to pay 50 million dollars to his fellow students/friends at Harvard.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
    Actually he beats buffet by 6 billion. Carlos slim Helu is the one who barely beats gates.

1) Carlos Slim Helu-53.5 Billions
    2) Bill Gates - 53 Billion
    3)Warren Buffet - 47 Billion
    The Richest People in America 2010 - Forbes.com

Actually, he beats him by 9 billion and even if it were 6 it still wouldn't be barely.
    word

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for him, has he got $299 for me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12