+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Gets Top Honors for its Customer Service

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Gets Top Honors for its Customer Service the uk Customer Service is absolutely ******* shite and I agree with this It is pretty amazing. They produce a faulty product
    dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

Apple Gets Top Honors for its Customer Service
    the uk Customer Service is absolutely ******* shite

and I agree with this

It is pretty amazing. They produce a faulty product and then give away free bumpers.
    they new the iPhone 4 was faulty before they shipped
    Last edited by dsg; 09-21-2010 at 05:37 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    It is pretty amazing. They produce a faulty product and then give away free bumpers.
    pipe it hater.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This just doesn't happen in Europe sad to say. If you go to apple with a damaged iphone or MacBook they will repair at great cost and if under warranty they will fix it slowly however never replace on the spot.

I lived in US for years and the service was outstanding compared to Europe. As a European I'm sad to admit that it's service is second rate.
    Still nice to hear apple are acting that way i own many of their products and love them ; )

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    What truth? If you opened your eyes and looked outside the US, there was no "antennagate". AT&T skulked away scot free with their inadequate signal strength on this one leaving Apple holding the baby. It differed from state to state. If it were a design flaw, EVERY phone would have been affected as every phone is built exactly the same. Who's responsible for the signal transmission? Apple?

Working here in Australia at the moment and it was not an issue.
    You put a case on the iPhone 4 and suddenly it handles cellular signals significantly better. This applies to strong signal areas too regardless of whether or not it effects your call quality/drops. You can even apply just a small piece of tape over the weak spot and notice the problem pretty much cured entirely. There is an inherent design flaw in the iPhone 4's antenna. You mean to tell me that the absence of a nonconductive buffer between the user and the antenna that causes a significant loss in cellular reception is a fault of AT&T's?

Also, even if it were just a "U.S." issue, take a look at where they are selling their iPhones and related devices. That argument could have some substance if only users in say Aruba experienced this problem, but if the problem is occurring in the country that is is home to 50% of iPhone and iTouch owners in the world (as of last January), then you may want to take a closer look at the design of your product.

Having said that, I do believe Apple handled the situation about as well as they realistically could have, aside from the rather lengthy period of time where they did not comment on the issue at all. They offered a free fix for the problem with the case program and extended the return dates for all purchased iPhone 4's. Most of us, myself included, would probably have liked to see our phones recalled and replaced with a newer model that has the flaw fixed, but that just isn't plausible in the absence of any potential harm to the user of the iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    dude hes not trolling, hes just stating the truth.

most people say that their customer service is good and thats their opinion,

this guys says that its not that good because of the antennagate, well its his opinion too.

LOL WIN, what language is that anyways??
    No, he is trolling. Apple was more than accommodating in regards to resolving the issue for customers by issuing their case program, and gave a more than reasonable extension of their typical return period. Their customer service was great in this regard (with the exception I stated earlier about the initial silence). That member could argue that the actual product was unsatisfactory, but not the customer service.
    Last edited by mortopher; 09-21-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: A few too many uses of regard/regarding.

Thanks

To be honest, I'm actually quite surprised.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    What truth? If you opened your eyes and looked outside the US, there was no "antennagate". AT&T skulked away scot free with their inadequate signal strength on this one leaving Apple holding the baby. It differed from state to state. If it were a design flaw, EVERY phone would have been affected as every phone is built exactly the same. Who's responsible for the signal transmission? Apple?

Working here in Australia at the moment and it was not an issue.
    Dude, im in canada,Montreal let me tell you the antennagate makes your bars go down.

Fixed by putting a stupid bumper but w/e it still exist.

Thanks

Can someone please explain how it makes sense for them to discontinue their case program without making a permanent fix? Where's the logic? IPhone 4s still have a problem, consumers are still not responsible for it, and iPhone 4s and cases are still the same price. What, is it that now everyone EXPECTS the problem? I'm not getting an iPhone, but I would still like to know what's happening on October 1st. And this site is called MODmyi.com, are we all really expected to like everything about Apple, I'm not offended by or attacking someone who doesn't like EVERY damn decision Apple's ever made. How's it trolling? It's trolling if you go to the support.apple.com forums and say, "It is pretty amazing, you must have the best CS ever, giving away bumpers for faulty phones."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Apple reps here in Tulsa ok are awesome top. Of the line if u aak me

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Oh yeah, and a hater has absolutely NO followable logic when hating. Example: "I love my Zune HD, the IPod touch is too complicated: it has way too many apps too keep up with!" However, saying that they should have held off on release for a few weeks until they got things straight at least points out SOMETHING logical. Which is what he is saying when he says "…they produce a faulty product…".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Can someone please explain how it makes sense for them to discontinue their case program without making a permanent fix? Where's the logic? IPhone 4s still have a problem, consumers are still not responsible for it, and iPhone 4s and cases are still the same price. What, is it that now everyone EXPECTS the problem? I'm not getting an iPhone, but I would still like to know what's happening on October 1st. And this site is called MODmyi.com, are we all really expected to like everything about Apple, I'm not offended by or attacking someone who doesn't like EVERY damn decision Apple's ever made. How's it trolling? It's trolling if you go to the support.apple.com forums and say, "It is pretty amazing, you must have the best CS ever, giving away bumpers for faulty phones."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Oh yeah, and a hater has absolutely NO followable logic when hating. Example: "I love my Zune HD, the IPod touch is too complicated: it has way too many apps too keep up with!" However, saying that they should have held off on release for a few weeks until they got things straight at least points out SOMETHING logical. Which is what he is saying when he says "…they produce a faulty product…".
    Can someone explain how this is relevant to the topic?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    Great CS, weak support compared to Dell, but I guess Dell users need it.
    I can't stand dell's cs! It was the worst cs experience ever when I called apple I was shocked cuz I actually was talking to someone who could speak english clearly and sounded American! Then i took the iPhone 4 in to the store got it replaced and was on my way it was fantastic! Apples cs is the best I have ever experienced and you don't even want to get me started on the people and geek squad that have no clue on what they are talking about can't move a laptop when it's on what is it made for then? Got to say they are pretty low on my cs list too lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Say what you want, but Apple's customer service is second to none. Try taking your Android phone back to Best Buy 9 months later for a defect. God forbid you have a defective laptop from anyone but Apple. You can kiss that thing goodbye for the next month. The peace of mind I get from my AppleCare has driven me to destroy at least 25 pairs of headphones over the last three years. New ones arrive the next day. Overnight shipping! I've been through something like 15 iPhones since 2007. Things break. My first iPhone melted itself after two days. Hot, hot, heat, then poof. Every time I've been in and out of the Apple Store in 30 minutes or less with a shiny new (refurbished of course) iPhone in hand.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Say what you want, but Apple's customer service is second to none. Try taking your Android phone back to Best Buy 9 months later for a defect. God forbid you have a defective laptop from anyone but Apple. You can kiss that thing goodbye for the next month. The peace of mind I get from my AppleCare has driven me to destroy at least 25 pairs of headphones over the last three years. New ones arrive the next day. Overnight shipping! I've been through something like 15 iPhones since 2007. Things break. My first iPhone melted itself after two days. Hot, hot, heat, then poof. Every time I've been in and out of the Apple Store in 30 minutes or less with a shiny new (refurbished of course) iPhone in hand.
    I had a laptop from best buy had a problem 6 MONTHS latter(and mind you i knew the problem all along they just wouldn't listen) they yelled at me saying a laptop shouldn't move while its on and that any computer will have problems because of a spinning hard drive and I was just floored can't move a laptop while its on? they why do they call it a laptop then all the geek squad just when into the back and wouldn't come out and the stupid manager wasn't there never again im buying only apple now i know from experance that their cs is great so thats what im sticking with

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a feeling that you are abusing the system somewhat......

Banned
    Thanks

Yes, accidents happen and things break. In your case, however, it is clear that YOU are the reason YOUR things break. Idiots like you are the reason extended warranties and insurance cost so damn much. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    Can someone explain how this is relevant to the topic?
    Because people are saying that Apple has done all that's logically possible for the iPhone 4, and are attacking a guy joking about "It is pretty amazing, they produce a faulty product and give away free bumpers."

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple care service is excellent. Twice as fast compare to best buy's Greek squat.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Two phone calls to AppleCare didn't impress me.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12