+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: AppleTV Will Run iOS? iProd 2,1 Possibly AppleTV 2,1

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Isn't this thing basically just a bigger screen for your Iphone/Ipod.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

Last edited by mikelikesanime; 09-17-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    I want more Anime.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would like to see apps of course but realisticly given the small storage which is probably 8gb I would want to be able to use the apple tv like vnc viewer to remote control all my idevice and stream or like what parallels app does with a windows 7 media center slant to it
    This would be the white unicorn scenario

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have a small problem... I ordered it and now I realized that my TV has only ONE HDMI input and I already have the PS3 connected and yesterday when I bought the Mini-PC (to get rid of that huge box in the corner of the room) I plugged it into the TV so I don't need a monitor and realized I had to unplug the PS3, so now I need to get a better TV to get 3 HDMI inputs... time for an LED :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelikesanime View Post
    Apple TV doesnt have a screen. Its a small cube that will run iOS that you usb to your TV. You might be thinkin of an iTV maybe??
    Last edited by Jmataska; 09-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.

WRECK 'EM TECH!!! Twitter Me: Jared_Mataska
    Or Leave a Thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    Apple TV doesnt have a screen. Its a small cube that will run iOS that you usb to your TV. You might be thinkin of an iTV maybe??
    I might just have not been thinking at all to be honest but thank you. I did not know what apple tv was but also could care less until I get my dang I4 jailbroken.
    I want more Anime.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jmataska View Post
    Umm... no. He's saying that a TV is typically bigger than an iPod, iPad, or iPhone and that the AppleTV is used to display content from your iPod, iPad, or iPhone, as demonstrated by Apple for iOS 4.2. He never implied that the AppleTV device itself had a screen of any size.
    Last edited by CZroe; 09-19-2010 at 06:48 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CZroe For This Useful Post:

mikelikesanime (09-17-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking this would be great, I can use the apple tv as a VNC and use my computer, or I could look through my network and not use apples cloud based service when I can use my own 2 2tb hard drives connected to my wireless network, now tell me why I wouldn't want this to be jailbroken. THANK YOU MMI I've been around on here for a while an d if it wasn't for this site, I would be a blackberry and quite possibly a pc. But probably not. The minute I don't have full control over my device Which I still don't, but if I can't tell my phone to play this tone for this person when txt n make this sound when they call? Isn't that like stuff from 2000? OMG ringtones with voices! Holy crap! I know you don't need to see it again and again so I'll stop. The most hating thing about apple is, their customer support is dropping like the amount of dropped calls I get from Rogers.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I have a small problem... I ordered it and now I realized that my TV has only ONE HDMI input and I already have the PS3 connected and yesterday when I bought the Mini-PC (to get rid of that huge box in the corner of the room) I plugged it into the TV so I don't need a monitor and realized I had to unplug the PS3, so now I need to get a better TV to get 3 HDMI inputs... time for an LED :P
    Get an HDMI splitter box. I have one with a remote that switches between 4 ports.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 09-17-2010 at 04:50 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    Of COURSE it runns iOS if GoogleTV runs Android/ChromeOS. Think about it: It expands the app market. This is why it's only $99... it's subsidized by the App Store.
    Told you guys.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12