Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Put the Color Back into iTunes 10

Default How to Put the Color Back into iTunes 10

Yesterday, I showed you an easy fix for getting iTunes 10 stoplight buttons back to their familiar horizontal position. Today I’ll show you how to put the color back into iTunes 10 sidebar icons.

If you’re like me, being able to use color to stay organized is always a welcome feature. When Apple unveiled iTunes 10, new features like Ping got all of the attention. Only after the dust settled did I realize iTunes looked a little drab. Well no more!

To restore iTunes back to its colorful roots simply follow these steps:

1. Quit iTunes 10.
    2. In your applications folder, right click on the iTunes app and select “Show Package Contents.”
    3. Locate the “iTunes.rsrc” file and be sure to back it up (just in case) This file can be found here:
      /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc
    4. Download File “iTunes10colors.zip” Here. Once you decompress it, the file contains a folder with two items: an instructions text file and the replacement “iTunes.rsrc” file.
    5. Now replace the old “iTunes.rsrc” file with the new one you just downloaded.
    6. Start up iTunes 10 and enjoy your now-retro looking music app.

As always, when modding your software, please proceed with caution. Also, this is a Mac-only mod, for now. I tried this myself and it worked like a charm. Hopefully, Apple will come to its senses and put things right. For now, enjoy your newly colorized version of iTunes.

Source: UNEASYsilence

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (09-07-2010), ceris7356 (09-05-2010), javiert30 (09-06-2010), jrentzke (09-05-2010), justywusty (09-05-2010), KiZZ (09-08-2010), PhanaticD (09-07-2010), Pronup (09-05-2010), SAO (09-06-2010), shahab86 (09-05-2010), SiFO (09-07-2010), soti2009 (09-08-2010), SuperJoker (09-12-2010), whsnnnd (09-06-2010)

Was this inspired by my Screen Shot?

will this work on windows?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLaTtEa View Post
    will this work on windows?
    Its a mac only change

I'm happy with the lack of colour in the latest version

i like some of it but it seams to boring now

Can this work on windows??

Thanks

It's work. Thanks.

Thanks

I actually like the new colorless iTunes. I like things darker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know it's my first post but no one has mentioned it as yet, and reading from other blogs and as well as finding out for myself,

Once you have done the mod and still colorless found that source text in preferences has to be set to small thought I'd post hear to help out.

Cheers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't mind it

No windows! ? Wak

Did this a few days ago, it's worth it
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Default iTune 10 color back
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiley John Wright View Post

Yesterday, I showed you an easy fix for getting iTunes 10 stoplight buttons back to their familiar horizontal position. Today I’ll show you how to put the color back into iTunes 10 sidebar icons.

If you’re like me, being able to use color to stay organized is always a welcome feature. When Apple unveiled iTunes 10, new features like Ping got all of the attention. Only after the dust settled did I realize iTunes looked a little drab. Well no more!

To restore iTunes back to its colorful roots simply follow these steps:

1. Quit iTunes 10.
    2. In your applications folder, right click on the iTunes app and select “Show Package Contents.”
    3. Locate the “iTunes.rsrc” file and be sure to back it up (just in case) This file can be found here:
      /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunes.rsrc
    4. Download File “iTunes10colors.zip” Here. Once you decompress it, the file contains a folder with two items: an instructions text file and the replacement “iTunes.rsrc” file.
    5. Now replace the old “iTunes.rsrc” file with the new one you just downloaded.
    6. Start up iTunes 10 and enjoy your now-retro looking music app.

As always, when modding your software, please proceed with caution. Also, this is a Mac-only mod, for now. I tried this myself and it worked like a charm. Hopefully, Apple will come to its senses and put things right. For now, enjoy your newly colorized version of iTunes.

Source: UNEASYsilence

Cant you add some graphics, please

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BennyPR For This Useful Post:

amybest222 (09-07-2010)

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but does anybody have access to the old gray icons? I just replaced the .rsrc file with the colored icons, but think that I want to go back to the gray ones.

I know I should have backed up the file instead of just replacing it - better luck next time!

Quote Originally Posted by niqolas619 View Post
    I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but does anybody have access to the old gray icons? I just replaced the .rsrc file with the colored icons, but think that I want to go back to the gray ones.

I know I should have backed up the file instead of just replacing it - better luck next time!
    Can't you just reinstall iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks
    thanks. it works!

Does anybody know what day the new iPod touch is out?

Quote Originally Posted by pyro41787 View Post
    Man, I guess I could, but I was hoping to just get the package from somebody on here or something.

Nice quick little tweak

Quote Originally Posted by pyro41787 View Post
    Nevermind - I forgot that I had backed up my computer yesterday, and so had the old package on my time machine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast