+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Software Update for Current Apple TV Owners

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Ehh I figured this would happen, but I definitely think the older model has some advantages over the new one since it can download things directly from iTunes. I don't
    Thanks

Ehh I figured this would happen, but I definitely think the older model has some advantages over the new one since it can download things directly from iTunes.
    I don't have Netflix either so the newer model doesn't pose as a greater upgrade to me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I want this! Only problem is, it's not supported in Denmark

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

as much i would love to upgrade, but being a previous appletv owner i won't for a few reason, u can only connect via HDMI to ur televison, with my older model i have a choice of HDMI or competent. my 160GB HD is ok for now, i already use my mac mini to host all my movies, music & tv shows & use appletv to stream it & save on HD space on my appletv HD.

like a previous person said on here, i would love an upgrade for netflix & i believe it should play ok since i have boxee on mine & it steams very well.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Rentals only? F that in the A. I'm a "downloader" of multimedia and I don't rent. Until I can stream ANY file I want (I can live with PC side live transcoding)I think I'll hold off on this device.

Banned
    Thanks

If you cant update the last model then I guess they will do the same when the next one comes out. How lame.

Will this stream movies from a network drive? I got a Netgear Stora full of movies and would like a nice interface to stream it to my TV. For some stupid reason a banned xbox360 cant play AVIs. No reason to get a new xbox360 as it still plays copied games so no loss there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigorangekitty View Post
    Why would I buy this? I have 2 appleTV's with ATV flash, and stream from a 1TB external hard drive connected to a Macbook. I see no incentive to buy this. Anyone?
    My sentiments exactly.

I can stream and sync anything I want to my Apple TV. I'll probably still get it because let's face it, that new Apple TV is one gorgeous and sexy little piece of art.
    (2011) Mac mini Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz-3.2GHz (Turbo Boost) | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 6630M | 27" LED Cinema Display | 6TB GRAID | 3TB Time Capsule 4th gen | iPhone 4 | iPad 2 | Apple TV 2nd gen. | Magic Trackpad | I surrender...

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12