+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Launches in Mexico Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Launches in Mexico Tomorrow

The iPhone 4 will go on sale tomorrow from two carriers in Mexico, ending the exclusivity arrangement Apple has had with Telcel for the iPhone 3GS. Movistar, a division of Telef˛nica, will also carry the iPhone, offering a series of tiered plans. Telcel will continue to sell prepaid phones as well as regular phone+plan contracts.

Telcel retail outlets across Mexico will begin selling the iPhone 4 tomorrow. Though plan prices are not presently available, Telecompaper says that postpaid customers will be able to buy the iPhone in 24 monthly instalments of 225 pesos each. Telcel also offers the iPhone 4 for outright purchase, with the 32GB model going for 10,500 pesos ($810 US) and the 16GB costing 9,359 pesos or $721.

Prepaid customers can get the iPhone 4 from Movistar in 12, 18 or 24 monthly installments. Movistar also offers five different service plans for the iPhone 4. Users can get the iPhone Basico package for a monthly cost of 449 pesos, iPhone Total 1 for 599 pesos a month, iPhone Total 2 for a price of 699 pesos per month, or Total 3 or 4 tariff plans for monthly fees of 819 and 1,119 pesos, respectively.

For customers in Mexico City who just can't wait, Telcel will begin selling iPhone 4s at their Masaryk and Reforma-Lomas locations beginning at 9:30 tonight.

gracias a Alejandro para el tip.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OMG they are releasing it in another country when they cant even finish their demand in USA or Canada and the others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Funny thing, I am in Mexico and I already got a iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKiro View Post
    OMG they are releasing it in another country when they cant even finish their demand in USA or Canada and the others.
    Thats what happens when one of the richest if not the richest man in the world owns Telcel and a good share of Apple, what i dont understand is why a man with such power would allow another carrier to sell the phone when its almost imposible to find an iphone in mexico since it has always been sold out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w1r3d View Post
    Thats what happens when one of the richest if not the richest man in the world owns Telcel and a good share of Apple, what i dont understand is why a man with such power would allow another carrier to sell the phone when its almost imposible to find an iphone in mexico since it has always been sold out.
    Well at least I got mine before hand!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

i'll call my uncle up and tell him to buy me one :P

seriously though.

and yeah hurry and satisfy demand here in the USA so loyal Americans can stimulate this nightmare of an economy.
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also for customers in Mexico City who just can't wait, Sanborns Palmas and Pabellon Polanco at 24:00 hrs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whats the point... They cant even supply 1/100 of the demand here in canada...how about supplying before expanding..

It s been realeased a month carriers shops receive like 1-2 a day like WTF!

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

News flash! Riots in Mexico as hundreds line up for the iPhone 4 only to find out each location received 2 phones.....

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i don't think there's really a shortage... there are just too many locations out there selling it, that each spot only gets a handful or two. its kinda dumb.

i called around yesterday and found 4 radio shacks that had more then 5 in stock at each location.

all requiring a new contract still, bummer.

cool for mexico. i live in san diego and i could hop over n find one, but thats mighty expensive.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in Mexico, and all I have to say, is that well, I'm pretty happy with my 3GS, I would consider buying the iPhone 4, but only if Telcel adapts to the guys like me that have renewed the contract a few months ago.
    Thing that i'm considering possible since it seems they have faced the same issue ATT faced last year.
    They are currently considering on restricting the unlimited data services due to the lack of infrastructure to support the smartphones demand.
    I'm guessing they'll give iPhones 4 pretty cheap to already customers but with the catch that they'll reduce their data service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    i don't think there's really a shortage... there are just too many locations out there selling it, that each spot only gets a handful or two. its kinda dumb.

i called around yesterday and found 4 radio shacks that had more then 5 in stock at each location.

all requiring a new contract still, bummer.

cool for mexico. i live in san diego and i could hop over n find one, but thats mighty expensive.
    I think that's why the iPhone 4 seems to be so rare this time around. They spread out their sales through every possible vendor just so thier stores wouldn't have long lines and now they just have long waiting lists. Stupid Apple...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what about Chile?? I already ordered mine, it's arriving tomorrow , but when it gets here officially I can win some extra bucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I am also in Mexico and the apple store in Mexico will sell the iphone 4 unlocked to used in any country so if you want an iphone unlocked came to Mexico and you can used on any carrier lol. good luck

Thanks

Nice. I fly to Mexico City this weekend, maybe I'll get a prepaid sim card for my iPhone 4 while I'm there. Guess it's time to unlock my jailbroken phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see the markup of the unlocked phones making its way to the states and watching impatient people pay outrageous amounts for these phones on the black market.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    Nice. I fly to Mexico City this weekend, maybe I'll get a prepaid sim card for my iPhone 4 while I'm there. Guess it's time to unlock my jailbroken phone.

everyone whos expecting to jailbreak think again for every new phone thats been arriving for the last week or so have 4.0.2 - non jailbreakable.

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

KIX
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I plan to buy mine next week, quite cheap actually since its non tied to any plan. If you choose a plan, its a highway robbery. btw I live in Mexico

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awesome .........maybe I can go to Mexico to get the iphone 4 since they are still unavailable at my local ATT dealer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharrack View Post
    Awesome .........maybe I can go to Mexico to get the iphone 4 since they are still unavailable at my local ATT dealer!
    that sucks, I walked in to my local ATT store, they had 3 iPhone4's in stock, all 32GB.