+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Conflicting Stories About iTunes Thefts

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
^^^^^ I don't think you can post that here Originally Posted by sujahat Quote Removed Your just as bad your stealing from developers! And you can't post that here please
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

^^^^^
    I don't think you can post that here

Quote Originally Posted by sujahat View Post
    Quote Removed
    Your just as bad your stealing from developers! And you can't post that here please delete
    Last edited by Cer0; 08-24-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost Quote Removed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Post what?

Talk about cracked app/warez/piracy is not allowed.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Post what?

Talk about cracked app/warez/piracy is not allowed.
    Way to make me look stupid and STEAL my thunder lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    ^^^^^
    I don't think you can post that here

Your just as bad your stealing from developers! And you can't post that here please delete
    @westerman
    Sorry about that, I know what you mean!
    iPhone 1st Gen - 8GB - Edge - 2G, Jailbroken - 3.1.3 whited00r.
    iPhone 3G - 16GB, 4.2.1
    iPhone 4 - 32GB, 4.0.2
    iPod Video 5.5G - 80GB - 1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

I havent seen anything more secure than paypal, just so many fake emails from fake paypal sites. Crime evolves with technology.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kstone2274 View Post
    Man paypal is so terrible anyone who uses it is a fool
    Safer than most things.
    they should have bought one of those security Keys that they have. much safer!
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wouldn't they still need you iTunes account info to purchase the apps? If so then this an iTunes flaw as I don't use the same info for paypal as I do for iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think more is that there are some phishing emails that they are coming, they normaly say you need to login to activate your paypal account since for security reason was blocked, and actually when you open the website if you don't pay attention to see the difference than you might be a victim since is fake .
    Btw this is one of those fake websites which I have received email for the third time so people watch out .
    Fake Paypal Website

Thanks

i got hacked. They charged a bunch of gift cards to my account.

Thanks

This hasn't stop yet? Apple better get moving.

I just purchase iTunes Gift Cards since I don't have a credit card. I don't use iTunes as often.

And yeah, it would be pointless to hack into my account. 98 cents.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by easypr View Post
    I think more is that there are some phishing emails that they are coming, they normaly say you need to login to activate your paypal account since for security reason was blocked, and actually when you open the website if you don't pay attention to see the difference than you might be a victim since is fake .
    Btw this is one of those fake websites which I have received email for the third time so people watch out .
    Fake Paypal Website
    I definitely think it's mostly phishing because people just don't pay attention. I clicked on your link and the website looks legit except for the URL. That is always a dead give away but even if the URL is legit you should always just type it in yourself. That is the only way you'll know for sure that you're on the correct website. Remember people, Apple, Paypal, etc will NEVER ask you for your personal information over an email. Also you'll never get an email from these companies telling you to change your info. They verify your information when you initially sign up so it should already be correct.

Be smart and be safe people...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Fake Paypal Website

This is not from phishing PayPal, if you read original post this is about iTunes account charges that uses PayPal for payment. If it was PayPal phishing then there would not be JUST iTunes charges there would be all kinds of charges and iTunes would not even be mentioned, it is Apple's fault in this case if any phishing is involved it was phishing using Apple not PayPal.
    It is all mentioned in original article, people need to learn to read and understand the information posted before responding....
    Last edited by unison999; 08-25-2010 at 11:46 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    This is not from phishing PayPal, if you read original post this is about iTunes account charges that uses PayPal for payment. If it was PayPal phishing then there would not be JUST iTunes charges there would be all kinds of charges and iTunes would not even be mentioned, it is Apple's fault in this case if any phishing is involved it was phishing using Apple not PayPal.
    It is all mentioned in original article, people need to learn to read and understand the information posted before responding....
    Well the article is perfectly described , and beside we all know to read and understand .
    Why I replied is to tell all the members what happen to me and is important since the email which I have received this fake emails , is the same email which I use for my Itune Store Account and it's strange since I don't use nothing except Itune Gift Cards for buying stuff.
    Maybe there is some kind of connection some kind of hack to Itune Store so they have all our email accounts.
    So I don't see anything wrong when you inform people to take care about something which can harm anyone.
    Cheers.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well the article is perfectly described , and beside we all know to read and understand .
    Why I replied is to tell all the members what happen to me and is important since the email which I have received this fake emails , is the same email which I use for my Itune Store Account and it's strange since I don't use nothing except Itune Gift Cards for buying stuff.
    Maybe there is some kind of connection some kind of hack to Itune Store so they have all our email accounts.
    So I don't see anything wrong when you inform people to take care about something which can harm anyone.
    Cheers.
    Apple had a lot of problem people selling iTunes gift card codes pennies on the dollar, in order to do this they must have hacked into iTunes got the algorithm and start generating it themselves. I believe iTunes just changed the gift card process so these hackers can no longer sell the iTunes gift card codes, only weeks after this change people start complaining about unauthorized iTunes being charged... Though I do not have hard evidance, it is good bet that they got iTunes user info when they hacked into iTunes initially.
    It is sad that Apple still can not own up to their problems, always passing the blame. Somebody should teach Apple about corporate responsibilities course.
    Last edited by unison999; 08-25-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizi View Post
    Don't store your payment info in your iTunes account. Problem solved.
    Or maybe people below a certain IQ should not use the internet.

How iTunes is hacked:
    Apple Store / iTunes App Store Hacked? Here’s How | Obama Pacman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by consultant View Post
    Or maybe people below a certain IQ should not use the internet.

How iTunes is hacked:
    Apple Store / iTunes App Store Hacked? Hereís How | Obama Pacman
    My god lol did Job's post that? the way its hacked is user error or windows get real, my Google mail account got hacked a couple of weeks ago but Google have a security in place that is something out of the ordinary happens they lockdown you account (happened to mine thank god) now they hacked my account from the Philippines on a mobile device. (you can check IP's)

now was that because i use windows? nup was it because i was Phished nup (i have software that prevents this) it was probably my password even though it wasn't something you would think of.

so all they need is your email and use a brute force attack on passwords, so itunes or paypal should have some sort of security that knows your habits like Google do then this couldn't happen.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12