Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Government Mac Purchases Exploding

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd like to see actual numbers as opposed to percentages. If the Gov. bought one Mac last year, and three Macs this year, that's a 200% increase.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    Yeah, right. Considering your choice of computer system you've been well served over the years haven't you? I hope you've enjoyed your viruses, bugs, crashes, worms and malware, and M$ have done so well protecting your systems haven't they. Oh, that's right, you have to buy a third party anti virus package to protect your stuff. You really have to wonder why M$ never made a security package for their OS when they were well aware of the security risks, should make you worry. Anyone who enjoys that kind of treatment and sticks with M$ really is a koolade kid (reason why I went to linux many years ago). Your hopes for an attack will go largely unfulfilled. You don't seem to understand the unix architecture. The only thing that can affect a unix based system is a spurious package installed by the user with admin privileges and at best you'll end up with malware, so the user is the ultimate gatekeeper of their security. Unlike PC where an executive file from an email or anywhere can self install without admin access, without the users knowledge and do anything, even trash your system. M$ only addressed this in its recent os's. So because you've endured the displeasure of viruses, bugs, crashes, hacks, trojans and malware at M$'s pleasure, you can't wait for others suffer too. What a nice guy you must be. Sorry it won't happen, and if were possible it would have happened by now. Any punk with an attitude like yours would just love to be the first to do this but it's not as easy as you'd think. Enjoy your junk, but your schadenfreude won't bring you happiness.

You really have to wonder why people come to an "Everything Apple" forums, armed with a baseball bat.
    You are the most bitter and short-tempered person on these forums. Anytime someone says something "against" anything from Cupertino you instantly get upset and try to bash the person for being so mean and incompetent followed by how you are the almighty unix/linux God and are vastly superior to the rest of us. Grow up dude.

How many times now have the Devs cracked the iPhone OS and iOS now and gained root access? We're on the fourth iteration of the iphone now and they're still able to do it. Why should it be assumed that their desktop OS should be impenetrable?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    You are the most bitter and short-tempered person on these forums. Anytime someone says something "against" anything from Cupertino you instantly get upset and try to bash the person for being so mean and incompetent followed by how you are the almighty unix/linux God and are vastly superior to the rest of us. Grow up dude.

How many times now have the Devs cracked the iPhone OS and iOS now and gained root access? We're on the fourth iteration of the iphone now and they're still able to do it. Why should it be assumed that their desktop OS should be impenetrable?
    As neither a PC or Mac owner I'm tired of coming to an "everything Apple" forum and see post after post from PC users just lining up to have a bash for no other reason than just to bash. Your post prove that quite well. If you PC people can't handle a little return fire (truths) then don't come here to start a brawl. Anything I say about M$ is factual. BTW for the mentally challenged, you can crack every device be it PC Mac or phone, when you have it in your hand. PC owns the record for remote hacks by a country mile. Fact.

If people hate "everything Apple" then nick off and stop polluting this site. If I went onto PC web forums and trashed the brand just because I owned a zune, how do you think that would go down? You guys only like it one way.

You really have to wonder why people come to an "Everything Apple" forums, armed with a baseball bat.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 08-24-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks

For Christ's sake, is this about PC vs Mac vs Linux?! No! If you can't say anything related to the topic, then don't post! Otherwise, I might as well flame you!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Banned
    Thanks

My apologies, I forgot trolling and flaming was exclusively reserved for PC users here.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    In my own greedy way this is exciting. I think the days of PCs being the only ones with viruses and Apple being able to claim their OS is far safer than that of Microsoft will soon be behind us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    As neither a PC or Mac owner I'm tired of coming to an "everything Apple" forum and see post after post from PC users just lining up to have a bash for no other reason than just to bash. Your post prove that quite well. If you PC people can't handle a little return fire (truths) then don't come here to start a brawl. Anything I say about M$ is factual. BTW for the mentally challenged, you can crack every device be it PC Mac or phone, when you have it in your hand. PC owns the record for remote hacks by a country mile. Fact.

If people hate "everything Apple" then nick off and stop polluting this site. If I went onto PC web forums and trashed the brand just because I owned a zune, how do you think that would go down? You guys only like it one way.

I don't see how sziklassy was "lining up to have a bash for no other reason than just to bash." He was commenting on how Macs are becoming more and more common these days and thus will gradually become of much more interest to malicious programmers. When this happens, illusion of mac os being safer than windows will be disproven. I don't see how this is in any way bashing Apple, Mac, or their OS. Rather, it's a jab/bash at the naive users who look at Apple and their products as completely flawless.

As far as the main topic goes, this article is rather irrelevant due to the exclusion of actual quantities. Look who is writing it though...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12