+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Hints at "Revolutionary" Mac OS X 10.7

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Thanks for the warm response. I really appreciate it. Why don't you go play your little video games and quit whining.
    What's Jailbreak? luigimaster24's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the warm response. I really appreciate it. Why don't you go play your little video games and quit whining.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

See that line there?

That is the line where insults and comments about the jailbreak stop. This is in the Mac News and has nothing to do with iPhone software. Staying on topic can pass that line.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Magically CHA-CHING

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
    A little harsh, yes - but to be fair, you are asking a very stale question in a completely unrelated thread.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

awesomeSlayer (07-30-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

My guess is they jumping on the cloud computing bandwagon but I think Steve will not be able resist the opportunity to start the transition from the current open OS X to a closed iPhone style pay a toll for every app model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    most of apple's systems are much less than $3000 you troll. Now STFU and GTFO.
    I'm sure you're not an apple sheep.....

I like macs and OSX just fine but they don't have a desktop computer that isn't AT LEAST $500+ OVERPRICED. say what you want but that is just fact.
    Last edited by skj8100; 07-30-2010 at 03:12 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yomamashump View Post
    Perhaps it will run on hardware less than $3000?
    Doubt it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukoda View Post
    My guess is they jumping on the cloud computing bandwagon but I think Steve will not be able resist the opportunity to start the transition from the current open OS X to a closed iPhone style pay a toll for every app model.
    Sadly you are probably right...it would be very unfortunate if apple gained that level of control over the desktop user experience, I mean I get the iDevices but having that happen to a desktop would seriously cripple it IMHO....that will really suck considering I've been a Mac/NeXT/OS X user for years. If that datacenter is for cloud booting the kernel....can anyone say skynet?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mvhurlburt For This Useful Post:

PlatoTheForms (07-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First thing I was thinking is Chrome OS, Apple following that 'example'? (maybe this was said before in different words)
    Anyway, I am waiting for it, my iMac needs a fresh install, hehe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    most of apple's systems are much less than $3000 you troll. Now STFU and GTFO.
    Whoa dude. Anger management FTW. I own 2 iPhones, and a Mac Mini. I like Apple just fine but their hardware IS overpriced in comparison to PC. My comment was just to point this out in an exaggerated way. Stop drinking the Steve Jobs' Kool-aid and learn to be objective.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^
    Find me another 17 inch notebook with a 1900x1200 screen, that's an inch thick, weighs under 8 pounds, and has an 8 hour battery life and I'll gladly listen.

I hope this isn't a cloud computing move. If the whole Sidekick debacle is anything to go off of this is a bad move. I highly doubt people will trust a server to keep all their improtant stuff on, much less trust that it won't be compromised.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-30-2010 at 07:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait to see what it is!
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    OS X doesn't need anything changed, it doesn't need a 'revolutionary' upgrade. It needs some serious rework in it's graphics drivers. Fix that, make it somewhere remotely close to Windows 7 and it'll be almost perfect. Graphics drivers are seriously killing OS X for me.
    Nvidia is the one responsible for their graphics card drivers in OS X. Now, if you mean it needs "better graphics cards" support, then I totally agree with you. But That may not change anything because as a gaming platform, the mac is too expensive and lacks the ability upgrade hardware the way a PC does.

Thanks

How am I trolling success.is.sweet? It's a simple request. Instead of posting stupid pictures, how about you give me an example? I think you're the one trolling my friend, you've added absolutely nothing to this discussion. No one has been able to give me one example in response to that question, only trolling accusations, Steve Jobs is a communist, or that Apple computers are overpriced. Instead of being childish, help me figure out why I paid too much for my MacBook and give me an example that is part for part identical and has the same quality and features as a whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    Nvidia is the one responsible for their graphics card drivers in OS X. Now, if you mean it needs "better graphics cards" support, then I totally agree with you. But That may not change anything because as a gaming platform, the mac is too expensive and lacks the ability upgrade hardware the way a PC does.
    No they aren't. You cannot get drivers from nVidia for OS X. All graphics updates are distributed by Apple through OS updates and are approved by Apple, not nVidia nor ATi. You can't get them from either of those companies and they won't support driver issues with Apple computers. If that was the case you could download them from their website but you can't. I never said they were better because of hardware on a desktop platform. I said that the iMacs have neutered desktop GPUs and the Mac Pros have weak cards for what they cost. The drivers are crap overall, way behind the Windows crowd and that is solely Apples fault. Neither nVidia nor ATi are responsible for that problem, Gabe Newell has pointed this out.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Graphics Drivers & Software

Please point me to downloads for OS X on either of those websites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Hints at "Revolutionary" Mac OS X 10.7-screen-shot-2010-07-30-12.38.57-pm.png  
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-30-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks

stupid edit function
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Apple Hints at "Revolutionary" Mac OS X 10.7-screen-shot-2010-07-30-12.51.15-pm.png  

Thanks

I wonder if this means safari might be getting sandboxed... That would be a really nice feature. I'm not a big fan of chrome.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Being a "new" Mac book pro user. Are these types of new OS releases free? Being a win pc guy for 20 yrs I'm use to dishing out a few hundred for an upgrade. I've noticed a lot of Mac software is considerably cheaper than win. Or will this be kinda like a service pack?

Also I'm kinda ignorant to cloud based anything. I can say that I have used sharepoint along with computers operating solely off a network. (no os installed on the computer). The prob I have had with this is when the network is down or overloaded it's a nightmare. Is this the same concept as cloud?
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 07-31-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

niiiice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Being a "new" Mac book pro user. Are these types of new OS releases free? Being a win pc guy for 20 yrs I'm use to dishing out a few hundred for an upgrade. I've noticed a lot of Mac software is considerably cheaper than win. Or will this be kinda like a service pack?

Also I'm kinda ignorant to cloud based anything. I can say that I have used sharepoint along with computers operating solely off a network. (no os installed on the computer). The prob I have had with this is when the network is down or overloaded it's a nightmare. Is this the same concept as cloud?
    no, the 10.6.x updates are free, but 10.x updates generally cost a small fee. SL was $30. People get mad because they say that they are just like service pack updates, but they are really more like the difference between vista and win7.

Twitter: @tshoults

22. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (08-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Joseph_Prophet's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe they're making a compatible software for an actual tablet computer? Or maybe 3d effects like the Nintendo's 3DS?
    From the Fire We Shall Ascend