+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Magic Trackpad Finally Debuts

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Obivisaly some pplz just don't really care about money but all they care about their fav company releasing new product soo blind pplz jump on it like hungry lion jumps
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Obivisaly some pplz just don't really care about money but all they care about their fav company releasing new product soo blind pplz jump on it like hungry lion jumps on a deer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm tempted to get this. While I still use a mouse at home to game, I have transitioned over to the trackball at work in conjunction with a wacom tablet.

The pen is nice and I have been on edge about buying the new wacom touch tablet because of reviews but this trackpad might be exactly what I'm looking for to save my wrist pains during long stints at the computer.

I'll probably stick with my eneloops though instead of that apple recharge kit.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    Obivisaly some pplz just don't really care about money but all they care about their fav company releasing new product soo blind pplz jump on it like hungry lion jumps on a deer
    I agree.

Its actually insulting as a long time Apple consumer that they are coming out with "new" & "revolutionary" products that are not only getting worse but they are charging more and more for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im a gamer and this doesnt seem to have the functions I use when playing... I dont want to use 2 of my fingers to right click.. boooo

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    For some reason, I like the magic mouse better. But the apple battery recharger is a very idea. $29 is a little bit high. May look for one on ebay or something.
    Actually $29 for a charger and 6 batteries is a pretty good deal, assuming they are good batteries.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

You have a trackpad on the Macbook. Why in the world would you spend $70 on another one? If you don't like the built in trackpad, buy a mouse, ffs.

Apple users boggle the mind...

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Ofcourse pricey just give it a few months for ebay.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no thank you apple, i'm going pass on this one.

Thanks

Thats kinda neat. I dont think I could ever get rid of my mouse though. It just wouldnt feel right to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    anyone think a windows 7 driver is possible???

bc id like one

iPhone? More like MyPhone andrewb283's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Think I might get one of these for my iMac just to try it out. Looks fun!? Kinda weird tho... its like Apple knows people aren't quite ready for full touch-screen OSX so they put this out to sort of help people learn so that way in the future they can release a full touch OSX and be like, "Look! You already know how to use this! Its so EASY!"
    Agreed, but I'm not sure if I would be on board for full touch screen os x, its just easier to use a mouse and keyboard .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The multi touch features you can use on a macbook would be nice to have on a desktop.

needing two hands to click a key and scroll to zoom is a bit more invovled that a simple pinch. Simple swipe so switch apps, ect.

just my thought.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this more expensive than a magic mouse cuz if it is wtf?! Just get a magic mouse it's almost the same thing and it's faster. So are you gonna get to chose which one your new iMac comes with or do you still have to buy it seperately?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice looking accessory, if you love the trackpad and want to use with your desktop; but personally, I don't like using the trackpad on my macbook....maybe i just need to get used to it, but seems to me a mouse (or trackball -- my personal choice) is more responsive. In the end... options are good; use what you like, mouse, trackball, trackpad or wacom tablet

ron

iPhone? More like MyPhone br8thw8's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willryan42 View Post
    I don't understand the hype about this thing (besides that it's a new product from Apple so naturally everyone wants it). It's just a giant trackpad, isn't it? I'm using a macbook pro, and I'd use a wireless mouse over my trackpad anyday, so why buy this thing?

Using trackpads is typically a lot slower and less efficient than using a mouse....
    My guess is that since it's almost twice the size of the MacBook trackpad it just may be a bit more efficient. I know that the large surface area on my iPad works great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it's good if your a speaker, news broadcaster ect... But for the avg Joe it seems un needed. Hmmmm did apple make the clapper and the crazy straw??? Just saying. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    Is this more expensive than a magic mouse cuz if it is wtf?! Just get a magic mouse it's almost the same thing and it's faster. So are you gonna get to chose which one your new iMac comes with or do you still have to buy it seperately?
    Same price dingbat. Do people even read these thing?!

Twitter: @tshoults

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I understand the use for flipping through web pages, but for practical use I would prefer a mouse.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow. They talk about being green and then drop a product on the market that doesn't have a rechargeable battery in it. A useless product to top it all off with.

Thanks

I wonder when it will be touchbroken, ya know so we can acess it's, erm, whatever is in it. Lol. I want to run my own, um, multi touches from it, not what Apple allows me too! Lol

Really though, this is just odd. I cant see the demand for something like this. If they make it work with iPad, and, wait- No, just no. I still wouldn't mind it if someone bought me a Apple wireless keyboard. Perhaps I'll start a chipin.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix