+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Magic Trackpad? FCC Approves Mystery Device

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple just got FCC approval for a Bluetooth trackpad , and observers are wondering if it is the long-rumored "Magic Trackpad" wireless multi-touch device. Little can be gleaned about the
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Magic Trackpad? FCC Approves Mystery Device

Apple just got FCC approval for a Bluetooth trackpad, and observers are wondering if it is the long-rumored "Magic Trackpad" wireless multi-touch device. Little can be gleaned about the gadget from the certification and test reports available on the FCC website, but a reference to a part number in a recently leaked picture suggests that it's one and the same as that purported prototype. Given that Apple is in the habit of very carefully timing its FCC applications to coincide with new product introductions, this could mean that the new device could be released in a matter of days.

Back in February, Apple got a trademark on the name "Magic Trackpad," in a move that suggested rumors that had been around for months about a multi-touch trackpad could be coming true. No device was released, or even announced, and the rumors mostly dies away until last month, when Engadget got a hold of what it claimed were leaked pictures of the trackpad. Engadget's source also claimed that the trackpad is capable of handwriting recognition, which would be a very interesting innovation if true. Jeff Smykil over at Ars speculates that such a peripheral would be an ideal remote for a future iOS-powered Apple TV.

As part of its traditional culture of secrecy, Apple has previously made sure that FCC approval did not come until after its new products were revealed. The iPad, for example, was announced sixty days before it got approval from the FCC, and it took six months from the announcement of the original iPhone for that device to get FCC authorization. So the expectation is that we should see this new peripheral very soon.

Source: AppleInsider, MacRumors

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (07-20-2010), Tr0janMan697 (07-20-2010)

Thanks

and still cant focus on fixing an antenna issue....

Thanks
    Used For apple tv maybe?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maxgsteinberg For This Useful Post:

scatman10 (07-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    and still cant focus on fixing an antenna issue....
    That's like saying that a usb problem has come up in the Mac Mini, so they should halt the release of the new iPhone... They have different departments for different things.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But doesn't the iPhone 4 crap leave a bad taste in your mouth of spending over a thousand dollars with this company again

Thanks

Hey look at this guys!!! If you swipe it on a certain spot it loses bluetooth connection...apples response "don't touch it that way":d
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swpelchat For This Useful Post:

oOo ANDR3W oOo (07-20-2010), staterunner180 (07-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jds1469 View Post
    But doesn't the iPhone 4 crap leave a bad taste in your mouth of spending over a thousand dollars with this company again
    I'm keeping my iPhone 4 and if it wasn't for all this crap (and that's exactly what it boils down to) going around I'd never know there was an "issue". Well alright there may very well be an issue but it has been blown craptacularly out of proportion. I'd go and buy an iPad today if I could spare the $$.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe97 For This Useful Post:

mvhurlburt (07-19-2010), pwally (07-19-2010)

Thanks

Great...a pad that most laptops come with standard now. whooopie

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

late again i read about this and watched some youtube videos hours ago
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure to use your right hand, I guess the 10% of us who are left handed are SOL? just like the iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swpelchat View Post
    Hey look at this guys!!! If you swipe it on a certain spot it loses bluetooth connection...apples response "don't touch it that way":d
    im quoting you bu only cos i want to say that clip in you signature is hilarious
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    Great...a pad that most laptops come with standard now. whooopie
    for desktops and graphic artists whoopie
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

More garbage to sell us lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's amazing how people will complain about anything. The device (iPhone 4) still works, from what I understand. It's not like you turn it on and get a blank screen. So you have to hold the phone different. Geesh!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love my iPhone 4. people got to stop hating. if u dont like it well return it. why do u still have it!? oh yeah.. because YOU FUKING LOVE THE IPHONE 4!!!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ALAN523 For This Useful Post:

C-dub (07-20-2010), chberain (07-20-2010), joe97 (07-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miskit74 View Post
    It's amazing how people will complain about anything. The device (iPhone 4) still works, from what I understand. It's not like you turn it on and get a blank screen. So you have to hold the phone different. Geesh!
    no joke. oh and here's another great idea that I'm sure no one thought of. GET A CASE FOR THAT STATE OF THE ART PHONE YOU JUST BOUGHT THAT HAS GLASS PANELS FRONT AND BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALAN523 View Post
    I love my iPhone 4. people got to stop hating. if u dont like it well return it. why do u still have it!? oh yeah.. because YOU FUKING LOVE THE IPHONE 4!!!!!
    right on - agreed 100% --

I watched part of the address by Steve Jobs last night and I think he was biting at the bit to say this exactly-
    Last edited by joe97; 07-19-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know Joe!! people complain yet they still have it!!!!! i still have it bcux its just a sexy phone the design is like no other. n well the antenna well i really have no issue. im replying via my iphone w full bars right now

Thanks

no many apple hating fags in this place. last I checked this was an apple product moding community. so STFU and go have your fun at the windows forums.

Twitter: @tshoults

24. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

joe97 (07-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    I'm keeping my iPhone 4 and if it wasn't for all this crap (and that's exactly what it boils down to) going around I'd never know there was an "issue". Well alright there may very well be an issue but it has been blown craptacularly out of proportion. I'd go and buy an iPad today if I could spare the $$.
    I have three iPhone 4s on my account and not one of them has any problems with reception, death grip or the proximity sensor. It is just bad how they say to not touch your phone in a particular way. I was thinking about an iPad but I am just saving my money for a new laptop (have not decided if I want to switch over to a Mac or keep Windows).

Thanks

Umm...wrong section.

This might be something good.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!