+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Be Tinkering in Secrecy with New "AppleHD" Video Format

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
why does there have to be so many video formats?
    Thanks

why does there have to be so many video formats?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are there so many different kinds of computers? Why are there so many different kinds of religion? Why are there so many kinds of pizza?

Because people like choice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andrewb283's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Stop Spamming us
    Chill I just thought what he said was funny. And to keep this from being "spam" I guess I'll contribute that I too do not want to see 18 different video formats that ill have to convert to play on my iPhone. Too... much... converting...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Mkv please?
    MKV is a container not a codec.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Why don't they work "very diligently" and "tinker" with THE FRIGGIN RECEPTION PROBLEMS while they're at it.
    You knew that would have to be mentioned in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Please go buy a 4 so you can realize that there is no perceived reception loss. You can keep listening to the media, and miss out on a great device, or you can go ahead and get one. Then you can enjoy your NON "Death Grip" 4!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukinrats View Post
    You knew that would have to be mentioned in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Please go buy a 4 so you can realize that there is no perceived reception loss. You can keep listening to the media, and miss out on a great device, or you can go ahead and get one. Then you can enjoy your NON "Death Grip" 4!!!
    So all of the complaints are just random coincidence? The videos, the google links, even Steve himself admitted it.....although I personally think he understated the figures.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If u been paying so much attention like u say then u would realize that Steve pointed out fact and truth that all smart phones have the same prob and by the way lol Was suppose to say stick it up ur asses for better reception not stick ur asses in the air for that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    Why are there so many different kinds of computers? Why are there so many different kinds of religion? Why are there so many kinds of pizza?

Because people like choice.
    I agree, and for those of us who really like choices, I suggest you stay away from Apple because they are seriously trying to limit, or completely eliminate, your choices with all of their proprietary nonsense.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey jimmsch u should be a cult leader and pass out ur words of wisdom along with the suicide punch

Thanks

Apple is taking over the tv business too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thailocalguy808 View Post
    Hey jimmsch u should be a cult leader and pass out ur words of wisdom along with the suicide punch
    Yea...Steve Jobs beat me to it. BTW how does that stuff taste?

Thanks

How about we stop making jabs at others and stay on topic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it would be actually cool if this codec didnt use too much cpu as h.264 uses. But kinda sucks to rip and convert everything again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone macsoldier's Avatar
    Thanks

Why don't they work "very diligently" and "tinker" with THE FRIGGIN RECEPTION PROBLEMS while they're at it.
    WOW really hey lets put everything on hold in APPLE so we can fix the antenna on the Iphone, no big deal it doenst cost anything to fix the antenna or wait it doenst cost APPLE anything to give FREE BUMPERS/CASES. the more product the more money that flows in the better antenna the Iphone gets the better technology APPLE has. You CANT put everything on hold for the Iphone. APPLE has other great products. As far as APPLE TV and APPLE being selfish about the format, Id like to know what else you thought it might be or a good reason why they would make it universal, being universal wouldnt force you to have mostly Apple products, take it how you want but APPLE is still on a roll and stock is still decent no need to panic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will we get free bumpers with this codec when its discovered to be apple only crap from the HITshay b-JOBS camp?! Its obvious it will be apple only as I think they just lost any friends they might have had. Spiteful greedy kids never get happy so jobs is going to be iSAD from now on.
    Last edited by jius; 07-20-2010 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jius View Post
    Will we get free bumpers with this codec when its discovered to be apple only crap from the HITshay b-JOBS camp?! Its obvious it will be apple only as I think they just lost any friends they might have had. Spiteful greedy kids never get happy so jobs is going to be iSAD from now on.

Where did apple lose friends? Nokia, RIM? They were not friends in the first place; in fact Nokia was already suing them.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macsoldier View Post
    WOW really hey lets put everything on hold in APPLE so we can fix the antenna on the Iphone, no big deal it doenst cost anything to fix the antenna or wait it doenst cost APPLE anything to give FREE BUMPERS/CASES. the more product the more money that flows in the better antenna the Iphone gets the better technology APPLE has. You CANT put everything on hold for the Iphone. APPLE has other great products. As far as APPLE TV and APPLE being selfish about the format, Id like to know what else you thought it might be or a good reason why they would make it universal, being universal wouldnt force you to have mostly Apple products, take it how you want but APPLE is still on a roll and stock is still decent no need to panic.
    Ah yes....because that's what I said right?.....For Apple to drop everything and focus only on the antenna problems?

Read my post again......key words being "while they're at it". Implying that they should dedicate just as much attention to this problem as they do to their other endeavors. They have the money to do so, they're just taking the cheap way out with this bumper giveaway......and it only lasts through Sept. 30 so it's not even a permanent giveaway.

That's a b!tch move and a quick fix for Apple to shove this under the carpet. It's even more of a b!tch move cutting it off 2 months from now just to minimize their losses. The profits they'll gain from iPhone sales will easily outdo whatever it will cost them on this case giveaway because while the cases may cost US 30 bucks.....that's not what they cost Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt very much this will happen.
    Am firin ma lasah

Thanks

So all of the complaints are just random coincidence? The videos, the google links, even Steve himself admitted it.....although I personally think he understated the figures.
    They are random for sure but no coincidence. I've been only able to recreate the signal drop in areas that I allready knew had weak signal strength. [usually outlying suburban areas and such] All the metropolitan strong signal areas I never get this issue. so it definatelly does occur but only when the phone is allready struggling to keep a strong signal. I've even been able to recreate the signal drop while it's sitting cradeled in the Xtand. And nothing is covering the so called "sweetspot". There's more to this story than just how it's being gripped. And it could even partially have to do with AT&T.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12