Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Flash Killer: "Gianduia"

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    apple said flash is ipad killer! meaning if other system and phones run flash this proves that apple is 1d1ot and their technology sucks and can run flash! flash is known to have issues in MAC OS as well its not adobe's fault that they don't know how to make it run! y not we have problems in the windows to android.....

its not about apple want to do open source things you look in your brain and think 2ice why apple ban flash! they don't know how to run flash in their OS so blaming it on its too heavy for their devices thats a total bull sl-l1t.. if other phones can run it without a problem that means its your device that can't handle not the other way around!
    WTF? Can someone translate this into something intelligible.

It's not Adobes fault because they don't know how to make THEIR product work on platforms other than Microsoft??? So they don't know how to run their own products? Geez, thank god they're dropping flash, if they aren't professional enough to make their product WORK!!!! So it's the roads fault if the car I make won't run on it??

Here's some facts you choose to ignore or don't understand. Each browser on each device, be it phone or computer, need a different flash plugin container to be coded. Mac flash container code is majorly flawed and badly written, as adobe favour microsoft OS over all others. Flash has some seriously flawed problems on all frameworks including PC's. Constant browser crashing is common, and Apple don't wish their mobile browser to crash every time flash kicked in. Do some real research before slagging off here about something you know little about. I can't believe the dumb as$es that frequent this place.

See how flash runs SO WELL on android tablet. Quote, "This one does flash,...OOPS"! And then ignores crash and moves on. LOL :
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqFTx8rLsg[/ame]

Educate yourself a little. Have a read:16 month-old bug continues to crash Flash - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...obe_flash.html
    Last edited by Kroo; 05-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.

There's a point where this needs to stop and we have CLEARLY passed it!

I wish Apple and Adobe would settle this.
    All this because Adobe didn't want to optimize a code (AND need I remind you that Flash is not anywhere near ready for a device even WITH a 1 ghz processor) that is meant computers?

Be honest, am i the only one who believes this is ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    apple said flash is ipad killer! meaning if other system and phones run flash this proves that apple is 1d1ot and their technology sucks and can run flash! flash is known to have issues in MAC OS as well its not adobe's fault that they don't know how to make it run! y not we have problems in the windows to android.....

its not about apple want to do open source things you look in your brain and think 2ice why apple ban flash! they don't know how to run flash in their OS so blaming it on its too heavy for their devices thats a total bull sl-l1t.. if other phones can run it without a problem that means its your device that can't handle not the other way around!
    WTF?!?!?!? Seriously man what the hell is the matter with you, I take back my last post about the morons that decide to flame this board. Do you people, you people being the obvious apple haters that frequent this board, just stay awake at night thinking up new mis-information to post and new moronic ways to bash apple? Why do you post here? Fine I get it you're all M$ fanboys, you hate everything apple and above all you're idiots. Go post somewhere else or just at least contribute something of value. Get your facts straight, do a little research. I am all for conducting a civilized and respectful conversation. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats fine. When it deteriorates to what it has here it just becomes unacceptable. Stop spewing unintelligible crap because the only thing you are insulting is your own intelligence. Take your stupidity elsewhere, people here are sick of reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    WTF? Can someone translate this into something intelligible.

It's not Adobes fault because they don't know how to make THEIR product work on platforms other than Microsoft??? So they don't know how to run their own products? Geez, thank god they're dropping flash, if they aren't professional enough to make their product WORK!!!! So it's the roads fault if the car I make won't run on it??
    No, when Apple does not ALLOW you the same level of hardware ACCESS that you have on Microsoft systems that let you use stuff like HARDWARE acceleration across the board including video (Apple JUST gave this access last week to Adobe) then no, it would be APPLE's fault. You have Apple basically tying one of Adobe's hands behind their back then telling them to code faster/better.

Here's some facts you choose to ignore or don't understand. Each browser on each device, be it phone or computer, need a different flash plugin container to be coded. Mac flash container code is majorly flawed and badly written, as adobe favour microsoft OS over all others. Flash has some seriously flawed problems on all frameworks including PC's. Constant browser crashing is common, and Apple don't wish their mobile browser to crash every time flash kicked in. Do some real research before slagging off here about something you know little about. I can't believe the dumb as that frequent this place.
    See how flash runs SO WELL on android tablet. Quote, "This one does flash,...OOPS"! And then ignores crash and moves on. LOL :
    YouTube - Android Multi-Touch Tablet Prototype Hands-on Video Review! Part 2
    And I can't believe that people think that just because you rehash incorrect information that you are somehow "smart". You don't have a clue either especially with comments like your prior one about needing a $1000 dollar flash program to create flash files which is straight ********. The plugin container is PARTIALLY closed, there is an OPEN plugin as well, you can code SWF files from hand if you wanted or use any of the free programs to do it. As for your stupid *** attempt at being smart with your video link, you totally ignored the FIRST video story from that entire event which showed it playing the video with NO PROBLEMS at ALL. Not to mention that video does not prove flash was the problem, it could have been the browser and again SO WHAT EITHER WAY, I have plenty of standard iphone AND iPad apps that crash randomly.

As for that bug, I agree they need to fix it, but Apple also has bugs they haven't fixed which is why their systems get owned at hacker contests, Microsoft is the worst though, YET THEY STILL HAVE APPS IN THE APP STORE! From the very article you linked to:

"If we all went with the "de facto standard" we'd be using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows. Actually, we'd probably be using Internet Explorer 4."

That, if you speak to any REAL web developers is the entire problem, the W3C is TOO SLOW at approving standards which is why Flash is ALWAYS 3 years ahead of HTML....ALWAYS...

There is SOME point to the fact that those of us on PCs have not experienced the same level of crashes since they have updated the latest player, you see this posted a lot when this topic comes up. To say it's all Adobe's fault is not knowing the whole story especially when getting the hardware access they need has only recently just happened on Macs, and this change ONLY affects video so for animations you mac owners are still screwed.

Also lets not forget the over 100 apps currently in the Appstore that were created with Flash, apps like South Park and many others, some featured apps. There is a difference between using the browser to play flash stuff and having it compiled to an ipa file, those apps in the store are not experiencing crazy problems yet Steve would have you believe they are one in the same. He's a liar.
    Last edited by tekwiz; 05-09-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    No, when Apple does not ALLOW you the same level of hardware ACCESS that you have on Microsoft systems that let you use stuff like HARDWARE acceleration across the board including video (Apple JUST gave this access last week to Adobe) then no, it would be APPLE's fault. You have Apple basically tying one of Adobe's hands behind their back then telling them to code faster/better.

And I can't believe that people think that just because you rehash incorrect information that you are somehow "smart". You don't have a clue either especially with comments like your prior one about needing a $1000 dollar flash program to create flash files which is straight ********. The plugin container is PARTIALLY closed, there is an OPEN plugin as well, you can code SWF files from hand if you wanted or use any of the free programs to do it. As for your stupid *** attempt at being smart with your video link, you totally ignored the FIRST video story from that entire event which showed it playing the video with NO PROBLEMS at ALL. Not to mention that video does not prove flash was the problem, it could have been the browser and again SO WHAT EITHER WAY, I have plenty of standard iphone AND iPad apps that crash randomly.

As for that bug, I agree they need to fix it, but Apple also has bugs they haven't fixed which is why their systems get owned at hacker contests, Microsoft is the worst though, YET THEY STILL HAVE APPS IN THE APP STORE! From the very article you linked to:

"If we all went with the "de facto standard" we'd be using Internet Explorer 6 on Windows. Actually, we'd probably be using Internet Explorer 4."

That, if you speak to any REAL web developers is the entire problem, the W3C is TOO SLOW at approving standards which is why Flash is ALWAYS 3 years ahead of HTML....ALWAYS...

There is SOME point to the fact that those of us on PCs have not experienced the same level of crashes since they have updated the latest player, you see this posted a lot when this topic comes up. To say it's all Adobe's fault is not knowing the whole story especially when getting the hardware access they need has only recently just happened on Macs, and this change ONLY affects video so for animations you mac owners are still screwed.
    What is your problem?? Adobe writes rubbish and you stand here to defend them. Why is embedding video into a container that renders the video inside a browser plugin better than the browser directly playing the video using scripting, open standard scripting, not a closed proprietary plugin? Every, that's EVERY release of flash continues to have security vulnerabilities and has been for the past 7 years. It's a bloody browser plugin, and I should trust it not to infect my PC?

Show me the proof that adobe hasn't had "hardware access they need". Do you mean access to H.264 wrappers? That's not hardware, it's software. They can buy a Mac, download the developer release of future OSX and code away. Were you aware adobe had only one coder to write for Linux? But you don't care as long as it doesn't affect you.

Convenient to dismiss that video. It's always the fault of something else isn't it. Must have been that guys fault because he didn't touch the screen properly. FACT, the browser CRASHED when flash was loading a youtube vid. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT FLASH DOES ON MAC AND LINUX!!!! UNDERSTAND? That is the true example of what rubbish adobe produces. I don't want my iPhone?iPad to run so embarrassingly.

Where is the mobile release for android? It was promised over a year ago. It's not an OS it's a stupid plugin, but you people treat it like it's operating system.

Did you click on the link the developer wrote to prove the bug that's been ignored for 3 years?

Get over it dude. All the devs in our office and all over the web dev world are cheering the move away from flash. They've been wanting something better for years and adobe failed again.

Don't take my word for it, read what a real developer says about this: http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/?p=292

Moot argument because regardless of your love of this P.O.S it is dead in the water. Set up your shrine somewhere else, because we don't care. The market has spoken, it's done, over, finished, goodbye.
    Last edited by Kroo; 05-09-2010 at 08:20 AM.

I am wearing green under pants today.

What's Jailbreak? GeeThreeForce's Avatar
    Thanks

"Gianduia"
    Sounds like some sort of exotic S.T.D to me.
    Kinda like: "On a recent trip to thailand I contracted a nasty case of Gianduia. The doctor said it was realy serious ;_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12