+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple WWDC June 7-11: It's All About The Apps

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by norfskate It's possable, and quite likely, to be yet another 3G varient. so u kno what hardware the 4th iphone by apple has? where are ur facts
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by norfskate View Post
    It's possable, and quite likely, to be yet another 3G varient.
    so u kno what hardware the 4th iphone by apple has? where are ur facts as to knowing its a varient of a 3G?
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-28-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know if the new iPhone will be available to purchase without a contract? Isn't the 3GS currently sold without a contract?

Thanks

if it is sold its gonna be a huge price...no one knows these answers yet..

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

re: redcard,

granted, yes there were some hardware upgrades, but correct me if I'm wrong, dosnt the 3GS have the same (unrestricted) A8 processor as the 3G? I could be wrong, but I thought the 2G was A4, and the 3G/3GS was A8?
    And what the hell else would the name "3G" refer to for the 2nd gen handset?!

Thanks

haha if i didnt like all but 1 app in the app store, and wasnt excited about 4.0, i would soo move onto another phone! htc evo looks promising.. just sayin...

Thanks

getting htc evo myself , but to use it as a access point as it lets u use 8 diifferent devices connected to its network

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    1. You haven't used 4.0. It hasn't been released yet
    2. Most themes are ugly as people creating and installing them usually have no idea about design.
    3. There's 150 000 apps in the store. So you find about 15 000 useful
    4. Why do you want 'proper' Bluetooth? To send crappy ringtones to your friends? Give it up
    The reason I want full bluetooth function is so that I can use it with my in car satnav/bluetooth hands free headset.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I would move but for a few reasons i don't want to and it's the only good phone to come without a contract and to have free 12 months internet and access to public wifi, so it works out cheap.
    Nexus One looks sweet but I don't like how words aren't capitalised properly in the Android OS, eg on an iPhone it would say "Voice Control" and on Android it would say "Voice control"

Yeh I'm fussy lol and a neat freak.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    OK, so I just had a look at the WWDC website and hmmm, $1,599 for a ticket. That is just god-damn mental. Why it has to cost so much to attend this event, OK it is a few days and has 100 technical sessions, but this amount of money is for rich people, large companies wanting their employees there I suppose. I know the majority of people here cant afford a new iphone never mind to attend such an expensive event, Ill just watch the blogs and forums and get my info for free AND it will be only the info I want to know about not all the other stuff, which I am sure is very interesting.

So can anyone explain the previously announced WWDC date of 22nd June, which gave some of us the impression that the iPhone will not see June release date this year? Is there still a June 22nd event or is that scrapped, the 7-11th June the event we are looking for?

I am wishing by the days now, sad that I am wishing the spring away and the summer in for a phone that I must have ASAP, kind of realised I'm a saddo! Also so as to avoid the huge rush of 3Gs sales and to get a good sale price I sold my iphone 3Gs last week after ten months use, I will have 12 months left of my 24 month contract, the plan is to stick my current SIM into the new iPhone but that may be off now as perhaps the new model will take a micro sim, to ensure I am set up for the launch day I called O2 the other day and mentioned the dilemma of going from a normal SIM to micro SIM, I mentioned new iphone and changing number to a micro sim the poor lass was all confused and that's because they know nothing of new iphones and "What is a micro SIM?"

Anyway, I pray to god it comes out in June, I cant wait another day.

Thanks

Yup, me too, I miss the days when Apple would release something and you could buy it the next day, I really hope they don't have the same sort of time gap between the anouncment and release like with the ipad!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

re: redcard,

granted, yes there were some hardware upgrades, but correct me if I'm wrong, dosnt the 3GS have the same (unrestricted) A8 processor as the 3G? I could be wrong, but I thought the 2G was A4, and the 3G/3GS was A8?
    And what the hell else would the name "3G" refer to for the 2nd gen handset?!
    First generation iPhone: ARM 11 412 MHz with 128MB RAM and EDGE data, 2MP Camera
    iPhone 3G: ARM 11 412 MHz with 128MB RAM, GPS, 3G data, 2MP Camera
    iPhone 3GS: ARM Cortex A8 600 MHz, 256MB RAM, GPS, Compass, 3G data, 3.15MP camera.

Conclusion: The iPhone 3GS is definitely NOT just a small upgrade to the iPhone 3G even though looks can be deceiving.

All Apple phones
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Great! Thanks Poseidon79 for clearing that up :-)

altho, I wasn't saying it was a "small" upgrade, I never did, what I'm talking about is a product line and naming,

just for example: when VW make a Golf, they don't call the GTI verison the "new Golf", it may have a new exciting engine, but it's still a "Golf"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why! And How do you know, i have used the beta 1 and its buggy but good, you know what YOU FAIL just jailbreak it and your free there isnt anythink els for you to say.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Cannot wait for my 4G =]

Thanks

Lol, gizmodogate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Clearly you weren't first, your 3 minutes too late.

iPhone OS 4.0 sucks bad IMO. No proper Bluetooth and still no themes. I really do hate the ugly grey/white UI.
    It better not be all about apps as over 90% of the App Store apps do not interest me at all. I use one app and thats Beejive
    then why do you have an iPhone when you dont use it???
    besides the apps are a major selling point for the iPhone with 180,000+ available...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I do use it, calling, texting and MSN lol.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, I am sick of people calling it the "iPhone 4G"!!!
    They will clearly be saving that title for when 4G networks are available and they make a compatable handset!
    My money is on the "iPhone+"
    or if it's another 3G varient: the "iPhone 3G+"

and lastly, it's not even the 4th generation of iPhone!
    We had the 2G (1st gen) then the 3G (2nd gen) and the 3GS (which was clearly a revision of the same 2nd generation handset) thus: altho this may be the 4th iPhone, if it's of new design, will be the 3rd generation of iPhone.
    It's possable, and quite likely, to be yet another 3G varient.
    Then why does everyone refer to the 3rd generation of iPod touch the iPod 3G? I'm pretty sure that the iPod isn't 3G capable, and since its design obviously wasn't upgraded by Apple from the 2G (2nd generation) should we all call it the 2GS? No, we call it the 3G because that's just what we do. Also, why do you refer to the 1st generation of iPhone (the '2G') as '2G'? There isn't a 2G network. Just edge. So why do you call it a 2G? Because that's what everyone does. So get your facts straight before calling someone else out.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

Hello Staterunner180,

Fair point, let's just leave the generation thing just now.

People will just call it what they call it, however, I do still stand by my original point, it will not be called the "iPhone 4G" (iphone 4G being the name of the product, the name on the box)

If anyones up for a wee wager? I'm more than game :-)

Thanks

I just got an invite.

EDIT: Haha! $1600! yeah right!
    Last edited by moon#pie; 04-28-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Twitter: @tshoults