Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
This makes no sense. Wozniak is one of Apple's biggest shareholders - and what's more, after he realized that the employee was violating the NDA, he apparently mentioned it to...
04-25-2010, 01:29 PM #21
This makes no sense. Wozniak is one of Apple's biggest shareholders - and what's more, after he realized that the employee was violating the NDA, he apparently mentioned it to Steve Jobs who himself said it was "no big deal". In other words, this employee was fired even though both of the biggest names at Apple were against it.
The fact that it was in a mall shouldn't have made any difference, given that it was AFTER midnight on the day of the launch.
04-25-2010, 02:10 PM #22
1) At the end of the first paragraph, I believe you used the word "iPad" when you intended to say "iPhone." A quick Google search of "Gray Powell" confirmed this for me. Please edit this to prevent further confusion.
2) "Woz" technically is still an employee, as you say earlier in the paragraph, but then you say that the terms of his contract prohibit him from "showing another Apple employee an iPad at Apple" which seems like exactly what he did--with written permission!
3) You contrast the "hypothetical" scenario in #2 with "driving down to the mall with it in the middle of the night." If this is what actually happened, I didn't see any reference to it earlier in the story, so it seemed like he may have been at the mall for the launch and removed one of the devices from the store, UNTIL you mention that it was "an unreleased 3G model" which was news to me. Is there a "source" for this claim? Given the history between "Woz" and Jobs it seems like there may be more under the surface.
4) Can you elaborate more on "Woz's" relationship with Apple? It sounds like he's just basically on the payroll but doesn't work. Is this Jobs' retribution for screwing him over with the $1150? ([$3000/2]-$350)
Thanks, in advance, for any clarity you can brind to my questions. Again, fascinating story!
Last edited by quicknight; 04-25-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling; italics
04-25-2010, 02:15 PM #23
Wow...more obscure terms and agreements. I'm really starting to hate Jobs.Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
04-25-2010, 02:21 PM #24
04-25-2010, 02:39 PM #25
Steve Jobs is an enormous ***hole and a cutthroat.. why are people surprised? I'm not.
How do you think he got where he is now? How do you think any of the world's leading industry giants got where they are? Splitting profits evenly, politely fulfilling every promise, and always respecting the rights of others? Grow up guys, seriously.
Kudos to A.J. for immediately picking up a different (and hopefully) better job.
EDIT: Woz is awesome.
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM #26
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
- Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
It's obvious that the case is that Steve Jobs is jealous of Woz, or has something personal against Woz.
04-25-2010, 02:44 PM #27
04-25-2010, 03:03 PM #28
It just seems weird that the employee seeming attempted to get clearance and got screwed in the process. Did Woz use him? Was he a "Woz plant?"
Inquiring minds want to know! LOL
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM #29
iRealSMS - your REAL native landscape SMS app on the iPhone
PwnTunes - Sync, Save, Share...
PhotoAlbums+ - Take Control of your Camera Roll
More new and exciting apps to come!
04-25-2010, 03:36 PM #30
pretty sure there's more to it than a just a simple firing.Woz is still part of Apple so this is kinda weird. HMMMMMMP !!!
04-25-2010, 04:10 PM #31
If Woz is still an Apple employee, then him and the guy that got fired definitely agreed to the non disclosure statement. but what i dont get is, if thats the case, then u cannot fire because he just showed it to someone who is bound by the same legal terms. I just dont get it.
04-25-2010, 04:39 PM #32
i am sure apple is a great company to work for, but it seems a little to easy to get let go for seemingly minor offenses. Woz is an employee and a founder, showing him a product of a company he loves and helped create, is not a dismissible offense (from my perspective, of course.)Mactwisted
04-25-2010, 04:44 PM #33
No wonder we getting ripped off for ipad. Wozniak for prezident.
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM #34
He got what he deserved.
04-25-2010, 05:03 PM #35
I don't get it, the guy showed it after launch, and the design differences between the 3G model and the wifi model have been known for quite a while now. + Woz was given a 3G model for personal use anyway.
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM #36
04-25-2010, 06:11 PM #37
04-25-2010, 06:25 PM #38
04-25-2010, 08:24 PM #39
I can see if he showed it to Bill Gates , then that would be grounds for termination . This just shows you how paranoid Jobs is .
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM #40