+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intego Warns of New "Malware for Mac"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
just plug your phone into your computer. open your virusbarrier. press select. then harddrives. then select your iphone from the menu.
    Thanks

just plug your phone into your computer. open your virusbarrier. press select. then harddrives. then select your iphone from the menu.
    killall Terminal[]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (04-17-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I love it when Mac people start saying how wonderful it is not to have to worry about virus's and such. I have owned many different PC's over the years and have NEVER been affected by a virus. That's what virus software is for. So.... keep paying 3x as much for a comparably based computer system and shouting from the rooftops how you don't need to worry about virus's and I'll keep enjoying my virus free PC and all the extra money I saved!

Not flaming Mac's or Mac owners but seems to be a bit of a snob factor when Macies start comparing Mac's vs PC's.
    Last edited by rkswat; 04-17-2010 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    I love it when Mac people start saying how wonderful it is not to have to worry about virus's and such. I have owned many different PC's over the years and have NEVER been affected by a virus. That's what virus software is for. So.... keep paying 3x as much for a comparably based computer system and shouting from the rooftops how you don't need to worry about virus's and I'll keep enjoying my virus free PC and all the extra money I saved!

Not flaming Mac's or Mac owners but seems to be a bit of a snob factor when Macies start comparing Mac's vs PC's.
    i agree, but ah well at least i have a mac :P

Like A Boss

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

A computer user, mac or pc, that is cautious in what they do may never get a virus ever. Most of the things that hit macs require a user to input the admin password. But even with anti-virus software some key software has holes in it that can cause issues. Flash is one of those and a few other Adobe products. But I agree that a user who does not do things cautiously on mac or pc will eventually run into an issue.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Isn't that what you're doing in your post, telling everyone how you've never had a virus and how you didn't have to pay so much for your computer (comparing)? I don't know about anyone "shouting from the rooftops" about not having to worry about virus's lol, but its certainly nice to not have to have any kind of virus software at all...ever

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sure but the difference is this.... I don't think I'm better because I own a PC, which is exactly the attitude you get from some Mac owners. (smarter with my money for my needs yes, better, no.) As far as people not "shouting form the rooftops" are you mad? Every time the topic comes up you get people coming out of the woodwork to say how lucky they are they have a mac which to them = no virus infection. (see this thread for a small sampling of what I'm talking about)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I love my mac but I know I am not immune. I just do the same as I did when I had a windows machine, practice safe computing lol. But I have no issues against Windows XP and/or 7.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sure but the difference is this.... I don't think I'm better because I own a PC, which is exactly the attitude you get from some Mac owners. (smarter with my money for my needs yes, better, no.) As far as people not "shouting form the rooftops" are you mad? Every time the topic comes up you get people coming out of the woodwork to say how lucky they are they have a mac which to them = no virus infection. (see this thread for a small sampling of what I'm talking about)
    Did I ever say I was better than anyone? I own a PC, I run Windows 7...I really like both of them. If I was mad I don't think I would be using the "lol" acronym throughout my post. I simply thought your phrase, "shout from the rooftops" was a funny/interesting choice. I also thought it was funny that you were doing the exact same thing your were swinging at in your post. There are, "snobs" on both sides of the Mac/PC world, that's just how it is, it just comes down to preference. No one's better than anyone else for it though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pwned xD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    I love my mac but I know I am not immune. I just do the same as I did when I had a windows machine,[never had the unfortunate misshap ] practice safe computing lol. But I have no issues against Windows XP and/or 7.[ yeah me neither JK ;P]
    ++1
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks
    haha mac users not so invunerable now eh?

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    I tried that and when I hit select it only shows my hard drive and my time machine drive

Thanks

love the banter of this thread now :P

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone who states the typical old "security via obscurity" myth has no idea what they're talking about.

Now, it is a fact that more people code viruses for Windows than they do for Mac, but this isn't the main reason why macs are more secure.

OS X is based on Unix, a solid, tried-and-tested, server-grade operating system.
    Windows is, well... Windows. I don't need to say anything else. Everyone knows Windows is horrifically insecure.

There are no viruses for mac. The only times I've ever heard that there supposedly is, is when security companies with a product to sell send out a press release say there is.

Just FUD spin...

Thanks

I don't think I'm better because I own a PC

stop being so modest

Thanks

What does this have to do with the new infection on Mac OS X?! Read the topic again!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123