Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom NVIDIA Card, Native Graphics Switching on New MBPs

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    unless your VAIO gets 8 hours of battery life, it's not quite a MBP killer.

I do, however, think ASUS and Acer have (or are soon coming out with) MBP killers. the Acer Timeline X 15" will get better battery life than the MBP and probably have a better GPU.

only thing is, none of the above (not the Asus, Vaio, or Acer) have as good a screen.

the only reason why I continue to consider the 17" MBP is because it has the combination of screen, battery life, and build quality that I value. I can't seem to get that combination anywhere else.

However, I will reserve my final opinion on that until I see the HP Envy 17. If they launch that with Nvidia Optimus switchable graphics, the Envy will be an MBP killer. Officially.
    Ok, so if I buy two extra batteries (250) and subtract from the savings, I'd be left with a difference of 1150 bucks.

1150 dollars less, with comparable battery life, better GPU performance (non underclocked GPU w/ twice the memory), on a laptop with a backlit keyboard, bluetooth, Blu-Ray burner, a full 1080p Screen, NATIVE hdmi out (no dongle needed), with TransferJet so I can wireless sync my digital camera. Not to mention my name/company laser etched into the lid, and Customer Service at SonyStyle store which is on par with the Genius Bar.

Still feels like a Macbook Pro killer to me... In fact, with the money I've saved, I could buy a PSPgo, and Ps3, and a nettop to replace my now aging HTPC.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

Nice! Love that feature!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12