+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "End-Around" For You: iPhone 4.0 SDK Bans Flash Runtimes

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I agree that flash is buggy, outdated technology. However, this move is still a massive f*ck you to Adobe (a couple DAYS before cs5 launches), and I think that we
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree that flash is buggy, outdated technology. However, this move is still a massive f*ck you to Adobe (a couple DAYS before cs5 launches), and I think that we will miss out on some lovely flash games being ported to the iPhone.

I love my iPod, it's a great device, and os4 is perhaps showing that apple is changing, but since the moment I jailbroke it's become way better. I will make sure my next iDevice can be jailbroken, otherwise it just isn't worth it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Reason why people revert to "'Apple want to lock down everything I'm leaving Apple" chorus?'" is because the ones that already did it would not be here, and new people that is sick of this will start saying it. Yes not everyone will drop Apple, but think that all people who say this stick around is deceiving yourself. The flash on other phone was just introduced, before that there was no other option.

Yes I do use computer browsing mostly, but when I am out bored I may want to browse something and come up to a flash. I was out with people this Thursday and wanted to go to www.uamaiburger.com to use locate a store and I was not able to... That gets frustrating.

Crap or not it is useful, I run into it all day long so I want to use it. Telling us that it is crap does not stop people from using it and need it.

Ridicule nothing. Some of us want flash, some of us need flash. Ban it does not suddenly make everything ok, it just make people want it more.

BTW why do people keep telling me what I want and don't want? By your telling me I don't want Flash would I suddenly change my mind about this? NO!
    Fair enough; you have very good points but:
    In my experience over the years, I've seen that many of the sites I browse use Flash less and less and my frustration with the lack of it has decreased proportionately. I don't know about the sites you use, but hopefully they will follow, and your frustration will wane a little bit...

I can see where people might need Flash, but the bottom line is Apple are stubborn won't put it on their devices. HTML5 is coming up fast (whether it will fully replace the need for flash I do not know), and we can:
    • Suck it up, make do with what we have and hope/wait for our favourite sites to adapt (given the trend, I'm pretty sure they will)
    • find an alternative.
    Actually yes there is reason for complaining. If Apple care about their customer service and enough people voice opinion maybe Apple would change its mind. Nothing is hopeless when it is us that spend money to buy products Apple produce, Apple need this money and so does Jobes. Complaints backed by money speaks.
    Yes, even though Apple obviously do care about customer service (any company does), if their long term goal is to get rid of flash, and the small minority of users don't like it and complain/leave, I'm sure they can live with that loss. But I don't think a lot of people are. Hell I think there are a lot of users who don't know what Flash is.
    Last edited by dale1v; 04-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually yes there is reason for complaining. If Apple care about their customer service and enough people voice opinion maybe Apple would change its mind. Nothing is hopeless when it is us that spend money to buy products Apple produce, Apple need this money and so does Jobes. Complaints backed by money speaks.
    It's still not going to happen. Apple can choose not to listen and still make bank, they've already shown that. But it doesn't do you (or anyone else for that matter) any good to complain on this site, it's getting you nowhere. Complain to Apple if that's what you want, it's getting really old on here though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Saying they wouldnt support flash is not a surprise. But banning Silverlight and Java is a very shortsighted move. Basically they are saying that the entire internets belongs to Apple iDevices and everyone with a web page needs to change to Apple's standards. You know, because companies with miniscule global footprints can do such things.

Personally, if I were Adobe, I would come out with a statement saying I was dropping support for MAC platforms from here on out. Chop a tree too much and it will come down on top of you.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 04-10-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks

blah blah blah, all these diatribes and you miss the point entirely because you are all too busy talking about flash.

The SDK restrictions concern many other tools that are currently used as well, this restricts them even further.

Stop talking about how flash runs on mobile devices when every example on other devices that you speak of are running in the browser and what you have here is flash outputting to native c code...NOT THE SAME. There's already something like 100 iphone apps IN the app store already created with CS5, I don't hear a huge load of complaints and you damn well know Apple would make a stink about it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    It's still not going to happen. Apple can choose not to listen and still make bank, they've already shown that. But it doesn't do you (or anyone else for that matter) any good to complain on this site, it's getting you nowhere. Complain to Apple if that's what you want, it's getting really old on here though.
    Well I hope when people switch to other devices from Apple and hit Apple in their pocketbook, they may reconsider. Nothing is a lost cause, when you do not speak out that is when it become a lost cause.
    What is getting old is iPhone switching to Verizon, yet somehow it keeps resurfacing. Seems like demand may have caught Apple's attention, hopefully Apple hears this.

BTW people who bring up Flash not running well or much on other devices, guess what it just got on there so there will be updates sooner or later. People will modify their website to work on mobile flash to cash in on the market, easier to convert than to rewrite to another. Besides having something > nothing.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-10-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks

I just don't see the point of complaining hear Steve jobs doesn't visit mmi every morning to survey the wants of his consumers so what's
    the point..... If he did we'd have multitasking when os 3.0 was out if nt atleast put a
    custom springboard background.... It what
    they want us to have and what they don't.But if u look at it the other way it's
    their platform and they can do whatever they want with it so here's an advice instead of complaining go buy another device........or whatever suits u best. Is it me or does any one else think that apple has a superiority complex?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I hope when people switch to other devices from Apple and hit Apple in their pocketbook, they may reconsider. Nothing is a lost cause, when you do not speak out that is when it become a lost cause.
    What is getting old is iPhone switching to Verizon, yet somehow it keeps resurfacing. Seems like demand may have caught Apple's attention, hopefully Apple hears this.

BTW people who bring up Flash not running well or much on other devices, guess what it just got on there so there will be updates sooner or later. People will modify their website to work on mobile flash to cash in on the market, easier to convert than to rewrite to another. Besides having something > nothing.
    You're missing my point. I'll say it again, "It doesn't do you (or anyone else for that matter) any good to complain on THIS site, it's getting you nowhere." That's all I'm trying to say.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you really do not think Apple monitors all prominent sites that relates to their products? Probably dedicate more people to monitor other sites than their own. Besides I can be sure my voice is heard here while in Apple's forum (if it has one) it may be censored, we all know how Jobes hates negativity on his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    Why not just do a google search? It will give you the locations

I wanted to have an alternative store to go to, was waiting in line in the one I am at. With google it brings up the umamiburger.com and 1 or 2 other restaurant address, not all. I was at the La Brea store, wanted to find the next closest one. It would be more convenient to go to Santa Monica one, but it would not pop up in google. So I chose umamiburger.com (store link) to use their store location to find Santa Monica address, and guess what it does not work. So basically I got pissed and shut the phone down and waited for my turn to be seated.
    Last edited by unison999; 04-11-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Owned
    Keithsta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sLevin1fo View Post
    Im tired of noobs telling the facts.
    says the guy with "USELESS 3.1.3 3GS" in his sig?

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$
    Someone introduce Steve to Hulu. He'll change his mind about Flash real fast.
    Hulu won't even run on my netbook on Flash. How the **** is it gonna run on the iPhone? It took me a while to come around, but Jobs is right on this one. Hulu needs to l2 HTML5.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 04-11-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Hulu won't even run on my netbook on Flash.
    Runs fine on my old 1.6GHz Atom netbook with a 9" screen, WTF are you doing wrong?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Objective C is such a slut to learn.

Errh (hits the books).
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Success.Is.Sweet View Post
    Runs fine on my old 1.6GHz Atom netbook with a 9" screen, WTF are you doing wrong?
    No, no it doesn't. Esp fullscreen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    No, no it doesn't. Esp fullscreen.
    If it isn't you're definitely doing it wrong.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234