Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "End-Around" For You: iPhone 4.0 SDK Bans Flash Runtimes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Let Adobe pull CS5 from OS X and see if Apple continue being such dickheads.

Thanks

I don't really care. I hope this will make people shut their mouths about wanting Flash on iPhone, but again, I sick of these damn restrictions.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

I just sent a message to adobe about cydia lol maybe they will reply back doubt it tho

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    This isn't an Apple forum! It's the Mod My iPhone forum. He is right too. Most people are getting sick an tired of Apple and all of their rules and restrictions. Their a company full of control freaks now! It's sad, because they make great products.
    no matter how much we discuss about apple being bad or good, we are still going to stivk to apple only…. cos they have something which we can’t give up...

Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    This forums is about all things Apple, not just the phone.

Apple makes the phone and has rights over what they want to run on it, natively. If flash wasn't such a b*tch to run on OSX architecture, and was coded properly, and wasn't such a security risk (has open ports in backend which can allow hacked code to be executed within the app framework, to install malware, keystroke recorders and other exploits on your device without your knowledge. Want that? Not me!!) then we wouldn't hear all this over and over. (Google Adobe flash security risks)

Those who don't like that, well, there is plenty of choice out there, find what you want, buy it, and don't come here to b*tch about something we've known about for years. If people think this is wrong, and if it's a really big deal in the IT world, then Apple will suffer (but they won't) and you can all feel happy knowing Apple got what it deserved.

I'm over whinny brats who can't get over flash not being on the phone, and bombarding these forums with their "but I want it now" like comments. Here's a scoop for ya. Flash will not be on the phone. Ever!! Get over it!!!
    lol.. sooo true…
    Last edited by kamu; 04-09-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    This isn't an Apple forum! It's the Mod My iPhone forum. He is right too. Most people are getting sick an tired of Apple and all of their rules and restrictions. Their a company full of control freaks now! It's sad, because they make great products.
    I just assumed people could read the headline banner...apparently I assumed too much...some people just can't read. This site is an Apple forum whether you like it or not, and no one wants to hear the same complaints over and over again. Apple wants nothing to do with flash, you're either ok with that or you're not. If you don't like it then there are other products out there for you to use, but don't come on an Apple forum and complain about it, there are other sites you can do that on.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if Adobe pulls the trump card and pulls support for Creative Studio 5 and future versions from the OSX platform, effectively crippling one of the primary professional uses for the OS?

who would win in that stand-off? I'd guess Adobe unless Apple is willing to let MacOS burn without the defacto standard for creative content creation.
    It would not make sense for Adobe to pull support and limit their market. Adobe would lose.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

In a stand off between adobe and apple, apple will lose. It will lose all it's pro users and industries like production, media, photography, web design, etc. Everything from desktops to pro-macs will serve no purpose to any professional IMO

BTW who cares if apple gets bashed for being in the wrong, isn't that what the jailbreak community is for?
    Last edited by Bluprint; 04-09-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJones_86 View Post
    I am just hoping Android kicks Apple's ***** and takes over the market. I am sick of all of apple's restrictions, if there were no jailbreak, I'd have a droid right now.
    Well its a good thing there is a Jailbreak then... ;-) But seriously, looking at firmware 4.0, even with no jailbreak it would still be worth it. But I would miss iRealSMS, SBSettings, Safari Downloader, Attachment Downloader, iFile & LockInfo... but not enough to make me switch to a Droid...

too bad about flash... but HTML5 should be wicked! cant wait

@steve-z17

That's good advice....just swooped up a milestone and couldn't be happier. F$#@ apple and their pretentious *** boss.......mods feel free to delete my account......deuces apple fan *******!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This is a forum for the jailbreak community. I'll be damned if I'm going to be any part of an Apple community. They can take their berets and lattes and Macbooks and stuff 'em into their elitist holes.
    Crap, I better go back to the Apple store because they must have forgot to give my the berets and the lattes along with my Apple stickers when I bought any of my Apple products. iBook>Macbook>MacBook Pro>iMac and all the iPhones and now iPad. No wonder I was getting weird looks when walking around with my iPhone, I was missing my beret.

/sarcasm

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (04-09-2010), rhekt (04-10-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hope Microsoft come out with their device soon, Adobe fully support MS device and start a portable war. Wonder if Apple will throw a fit and file injunction on MS device like they try to do with Nokia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sLevin1fo's Avatar
    F**K YOU, IM FROM TEXAS (So Original, HUH?)
    Thanks

Default Member Since December 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    This forums is about all things Apple, not just the phone.

Apple makes the phone and has rights over what they want to run on it, natively. If flash wasn't such a b*tch to run on OSX architecture, and was coded properly, and wasn't such a security risk (has open ports in backend which can allow hacked code to be executed within the app framework, to install malware, keystroke recorders and other exploits on your device without your knowledge. Want that? Not me!!) then we wouldn't hear all this over and over. (Google Adobe flash security risks)

Those who don't like that, well, there is plenty of choice out there, find what you want, buy it, and don't come here to b*tch about something we've known about for years. If people think this is wrong, and if it's a really big deal in the IT world, then Apple will suffer (but they won't) and you can all feel happy knowing Apple got what it deserved.

I'm over whinny brats who can't get over flash not being on the phone, and bombarding these forums with their "but I want it now" like comments. Here's a scoop for ya. Flash will not be on the phone. Ever!! Get over it!!!
    Im tired of noobs telling the facts.
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Anyone know where I can get a beret and a latte at a good price?
    #eli7e revived me

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

many of us feel the same way...
    Agreed.

The love/hate relationship continues. I also agree, that without a jb AND an unlock --- I would never be an iPhone owner. A great status symbol and toy, awesome design, but not the best smart phone for phone functionality.

The iPhone is just the current method for Apple to dig deeper into our pockets.

Oh BTW: iAd!!!!!!!!!! Apple pushing ads and getting 40% of the revenue!!
    I hope the 4.0 jailbreak can disable this crapola. I get bombarded with enough ads, thank you!!
    Last edited by Mes; 04-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This is a forum for the jailbreak community. I'll be damned if I'm going to be any part of an Apple community. They can take their berets and lattes and Macbooks and stuff 'em into their elitist holes.
    Look at my sig ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Agreed.

The love/hate relationship continues. I also agree, that without a jb AND an unlock --- I would never be an iPhone owner. A great status symbol and toy, awesome design, but not the best smart phone for phone functionality.

I hope the 4.0 jailbreak can disable this crapola. I get bombarded with enough ads, thank you!!
    Giving the devs 60% of the ad revenue is amazing. Google takes 70% and only gives website owners 30%.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 04-09-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

Green Apple
    Thanks

Most of you people don't know the facts. Microsoft is NEVER EVER gonna beat Apple. Adobe CAN give you loads of bad things, and it IS memory consuming, on my computer, it takes up OVER 100 MB of space, and if you are mad ahoy having less usable memory than they tell you, imagine how pissed you'll be if they added flash. Imagine how much they'll be able to raise the prices by. BTW, only 7% of iPhone and iPod Touch users are jailbroken, and Apple has sold over 50 Million iPhones, and over 15 Million iPod Touches. Together, they sold over 85 Million iPhones and iPod Touches, so if it's good enough for those other unjailbroken iPhone and iPod Touch users, it should be DAMN well good enough for you. Oh yeah, pardon if my spelling is wrong, my iPad died, and I'm charging it now, so Im typing this from my iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple sure is working hard to stop that 7% of jailbreaking owners.
    Keep believing what Steve tells ya, you don't need flash and you need to relinquish all your control to Apple. Hell get iAd so we can better tell you what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Agreed.

I would agree with you back on the 1.0 - 2.0 firmware... but since 3.0 my opinion changed... and now seeing 4.0 Im overwhelmed that apple is finally listening and taking the wants of its users seriously. the only thing they didnt deliver on is flash... but I think its okay.
    And I think iAd is a brilliant step forward... makes devs more money and it makes the ads less intrusive and more app friendly... that dont pull from the experience of the app your using... current ads will jump you to safari or the appstore if you click them...
    also you DO KNOW that you dont have to click the ad right? Because you make it sound like they are forcing you to visit the advertisements website and purchase the product.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Someone introduce Steve to Hulu. He'll change his mind about Flash real fast.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

many of us feel the same way.

I just hope Adobe can tighten Flash up......

^^ Which kind of proves a point here in this argument. flash is NOT ready for mobile and if any of you have actually taken a chance to view flash content on a mobile device [including Adobes own video] you would see how buggy and unready it is.
    killall Terminal[]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast