Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Man Said Ta-Da: MacBook With Built-in Projector

Quote Originally Posted by afgracer View Post
    What? I thought apple will make it first. LMAO

Also I kind of remember not long ago that apple was getting sued because some company patented an Idea and AFs started saying how stupid that was.

LMAO

sorry but i find that piccy looking rather fake
    dont you hate it when someones signature looks like someones post?

what a game

It'd be really nice if this could become reality someday and not just fiction...next we'd soon start beaming holographic 3D images out of our phones and iPads...

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    Just take this back a sec... Now it's gonna be a mac that charges from the sun, and can project a movie?
    The only thing that they are going to charge with the sun is the glowing apple logo on the back of the display. Nothing else... would be merlly impossible to charge a whole macbook pro with sun light
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

Took me a while to get the joke....

That photo is ridiculous; as if anyone is going to stand and hold their laptop to project onto a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Knight View Post
    im buying picoprojectors.com im sure that if it gets big apple will buy it from me. I will say no then they will pay me boat loads of cash and I will be rich!!!
    that is actaully a good idea that has a small chance (very small chance) of actually working. xD

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    The only thing that they are going to charge with the sun is the glowing apple logo on the back of the display. Nothing else... would be merlly impossible to charge a whole macbook pro with sun light
    oh i beg to differ if they use somethin like this
    Glitter-Sized Solar Panels Use 100 Times Less Silicon to Generate Electricity | Green Living Ideas
    Last edited by ikesmasher; 04-06-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be cool! But I guess you still would have to leave your laptop in the sun! And we all know you're probably gona burn your screen! A few years ago I left my cam in the car and guess what happened? :-D
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

It's right around the corner...

I'm your Huckleberry!

that'd be really cool if apple could pull that off and make it look good

Thanks

I bet the quality in these small projectors is pretty bad. Even the AT&T commercial has a disclaimer saying "images simulated and enhanced." I don't think we're technologically advanced (yet) for these pico projectors to match normal-sized ones. Like cameras, eventually quality will become better while more compact though.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

next years patent..

Quote Originally Posted by vampr View Post
    It's right around the corner...

next years patent...
    Last edited by iskiextreme; 04-06-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it has the potential of being great! It would be cool to be able to watch a movie wherever on a bigger scale with others. Obviously they'd need to make improvements, but still, could be cool!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This technology is actually in some cell phones today made by Samsung (and perhaps other manufacturers). I think it is a little clip on thing that attaches to the back of the phone, but same difference. While it is cool, in its current state (or what I saw of it) it is almost useless IMO. The screen stays small, ten inches or so I would say (I assume due to the limitations of such a small package) and is completely trumped by even ten year old projectors. It works in a pinch, but anywhere you go where you might be needing a projector (lecture halls, office meetings, etc.), you probably already have one that will perform ten times better. Unless there are vast advancements in these pico projectors, I doubt they will be worth much more than bragging rights to most people.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by iskiextreme View Post
    next years patent..

next years patent...

G. Lucas has that patent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12