Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New MacBooks Finally Going Into Production

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default New MacBooks Finally Going Into Production

As if this weekend's excitement wasn't sufficient, less than 48 hours after the release of the iPad, we're hearing rumblings about the new MacBook Pros finally going into production. Today, Taiwan's Apple Daily leaked info suggesting that the computers will go into production within a few weeks. Although we've heard rumors before about a suspected production date, this time, however, the information seems legit.

Initially, the MacBooks were planned for a March release. But as a result of supply issues with Intel's Core iX series of laptop processors, Mac users were once again subjected to a delay. And with all the hullabaloo surrounding the iPad's launch, it's a veritable miracle that Apple is making progress on any other project beside that of the tablet's launch, promotion, and now troubleshooting.

According to Taiwan's Apple Daily, the new MacBook Airs will be pretty sweet and come packed with Intel Core i3 series chips. Obviously, Apple has taken heed of past customer complaints by really beefing up the guts of the computer, as indicated by word that the new MacBook Pros will serve up 640GB Hard drives or 248GB SSDs. Best of all, you'll get more juice out of your MacCook's battery, with word that the device's battery life has been extended to eight hours.

As we know, even if the new MacBooks go into production this month, it will be a while before they reach us. And, for now, at least, it seems as though we may have to wait until Apple takes the stage this summer at the WWDC conference to unveil the new MacBook Pros/Airs. Then again, by that time, the computers may be sharing the forum with the new iPhone

I hope they somehow come out during Fall of this year. I wanna get a MacBook then

I'm still on the first gen MBP and would love to upgrade to a Core iX one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hopefully they release by the end of the year as i too would like to get a macbook pro which i have yet to own one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

good news for me
    i need to get a mac, am so sick and tired of my IBM tablet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who cares about that when the iPhone 4.0 software will be announced in three days?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SquareWheel For This Useful Post:

Brandonii (04-05-2010)

It's not going to be released in the fall. I say within a month because it's almost been a year since the last refresh. It's wwaaayyyy behind other laptops that are half the price.

Twitter: @tshoults

I really hope they have new graphics chips with alot more oomph, like the GTX mobile family of Nvidia GPUs, and the ability to switch from discreet to dedicated without a log out like windows machines can. To not be able is frustrating.

Thanks

I hope I can get a new MBP. It sounds awesome!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Well it's about time!!!! Took them long enough to get this done!!!!

Thanks

I'm looking for a new MacBook Air.