+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Owners Must Pay for OS Updates, May Not Get All Features

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
*Sits back and thinks*... I won't ever pay for any of these "upgrade" fees! Why?! Because I'll just sell my old iPad and pre-order the new one every year just
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

*Sits back and thinks*... I won't ever pay for any of these "upgrade" fees! Why?! Because I'll just sell my old iPad and pre-order the new one every year just like I do my iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

@Poseidon79
    gd idea, and ppl will be more demanding on getting ur ipad
    u might make even more profits
    gd luck, I like how u think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ro0oney For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-31-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    why not? why should you get it for free? im mean it's a OS... You had to pay from panther to tiger to leopard and to snow leopard and no one complained.... It's just a OS for a phone and not a computer but other than that its the same thing
    It's not a full blown OS Upgrade. 3.1 to 3.2 isn't a new OS...just added features. They're basically going to charge you for when you receive security updates and such. iTouch owners would pay for this from time to time in case they needed to use certain apps. For the iPad i think staying up to date with firmware updates is important because of the internet and email use. iTouch really only had internet where a WiFi connection is, but the iPad 3G model is just like the phone...i dunno, still not an iPad advocate.

I don't think it's right to charge unless its a full overhaul system change...just my .02

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's the same principle with OSX. Apple doesn't charge you for minor updates and bug fixes. 10.6.1 > 10.6.2 > 10.6.3 is all free. iPod OS 3.0 > 3.1 > 3.1.2 is all free. They're even going to give you the next major upgrade to 4.0 (considering it's slated for release this summer) and every other upgrade for free until 5.0. When you go out to upgrade your OSX from 10.6 to 10.7 you'll have to fork over that upgrade fee. It just makes sense and it's just good business. Apple doesn't exist to give away their software so you shouldn't expect them to. Buy some Apple stock.. then see what you think about giveaways, lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    *Sits back and thinks*... I won't ever pay for any of these "upgrade" fees! Why?! Because I'll just sell my old iPad and pre-order the new one every year just like I do my iPhone
    This is exactly as I do every year. Because Apple products have high resale values. I usually end up not having to pay anything for new devices or just paying a tiny bit for the new device. I got an employee that buys all my old electroic devices because he sends them to sell in another country.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats wack

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456